Yellow | You're all okay after all

larry retired

TB Veteran
Credits
I get pretty upset with the attitude on this forum. But tonight I went snooping and saw a thread over on FedEx that looked interesting. After reading several post by gtrdone and smokestack, I thought I was going to wretch. We may scream and yell and complain more than necessary, but at least we, TEAMSTERS, are the kind of people I would want to go to battle with. So I'll read something here in the future that will **** me off big time, but I'll know I'm dealing with folks I respect. I'm damn proud to be a TEAMSTER and share this forum with you.

The FedEx Freight drivers seem mad and would want to unionize but not with the Teamsters Union.

Larry, I do not know what dream world you live in, all I have around me is MEASTERS. They "MY BROTHERS" would sell you out in a heart beat, just to stay in good graces of management. They go on hunting trips and fishing trips, fix their cars, all so they have selective disipline. How many MEASTERS would really stand behind you, help you when you really needed them. Maybe when you retired in the 1970's it was like that but now it is a whole different game. Larry I am not on your case, but where I am it is every one for themselves. Our local sucks and the company has them in their back pocket. Sorry to say it is not like it use to be, everyone for themselves. No one cares about anything until it effects them. Just a case in point all the "BROTHERS" working OT and 6th punches come on now is that right, with so many laid off. What about our Teamsters letting part time workers in with guys on lay off. Guys that are in their sixtys and still working, while younger guys starve. I always say if you have not done it by now it is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Guys think they are going to live forever, like I said no one thinks about anyone but themselves. That has been the undoing of this once (back in the 70's) great union. Our MEASTERS now far out number our TEAMSTERS. When is the last time the union REALLY stood up for ANYONE or an ISSUE. Oh yeah I remember it is when they were calling me to vote YES for this GREAT CONTRACT.All I get is a Teamster mag once a month with Jimmy JR on it with his hands up in the air, arm around someone telling me how great our Paper Tiger of a Union is.:puke::puke:

Larry, I do not know what dream world you live in, all I have around me is MEASTERS. They "MY BROTHERS" would sell you out in a heart beat, just to stay in good graces of management. They go on hunting trips and fishing trips, fix their cars, all so they have selective disipline. How many MEASTERS would really stand behind you, help you when you really needed them. Maybe when you retired in the 1970's it was like that but now it is a whole different game. Larry I am not on your case, but where I am it is every one for themselves. Our local sucks and the company has them in their back pocket. Sorry to say it is not like it use to be, everyone for themselves. No one cares about anything until it effects them. Just a case in point all the "BROTHERS" working OT and 6th punches come on now is that right, with so many laid off. What about our Teamsters letting part time workers in with guys on lay off. Guys that are in their sixtys and still working, while younger guys starve. I always say if you have not done it by now it is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Guys think they are going to live forever, like I said no one thinks about anyone but themselves. That has been the undoing of this once (back in the 70's) great union. Our MEASTERS now far out number our TEAMSTERS. When is the last time the union REALLY stood up for ANYONE or an ISSUE. Oh yeah I remember it is when they were calling me to vote YES for this GREAT CONTRACT.All I get is a Teamster mag once a month with Jimmy JR on it with his hands up in the air, arm around someone telling me how great our Paper Tiger of a Union is.:puke::puke:

Hey man, I only retired two years ago. Also, I don't know how many years you have been in the union, but when you talk about the Teamster mag, it used to be nothing but pictures of Frank Fitzsimmons, Roy Williams or Jackie Presser at one high fallutin' get together after another. There was absolutely nothing about organizing, grievances won, etc. And I won't criticize anything you are saying, but everything you are upset about has been happening for as long as I've been around.

But these people at FedEx brag about and justify their situation as though it was superior to ours. Here is just an example of what it means to be a Teamster, just one example. My granddaughter just had a surgical procedure called an ablation to correct a potentially fatal heart condition. I'm very familiar with this. I've had this procedure done twice. It is an out-patient operation. She went in early in the morning and was able to leave late the same afternoon. My son is a Teamster, so it was covered by his Teamster negotiated HMO. They got the hospital bill last week. It was over forty thousand dollars. They haven't seen the doctor bill yet. Of course they paid some nominal fee of about $25 to $50. And they pay no monthly premiums. Now you tell me where this is inferior to working at FedEx.
And my son doesn't have to kiss one a$$ to get this treatment. You're right, there are people who do, but they don't have to. I can't say positively, but I'd bet my last dollar that this can't be said at FedEx. You know as well as I do that you better keep your nose clean and your lips puckered if you plan to enjoy any peace at a place like that. Ask sourpickle!

The FedEx Freight drivers seem mad and would want to unionize but not with the Teamsters Union.

What the hell other choice is there? That is just a cop-out on their part to suggest they would go with someone else. They've been so brainwashed, they don't know where to go. I hate seeing people live under such deceptive, manipulative conditions. You read gtrdones' posts and you see this process in all it's disgusting action.

Hey man, I only retired two years ago. Also, I don't know how many years you have been in the union, but when you talk about the Teamster mag, it used to be nothing but pictures of Frank Fitzsimmons, Roy Williams or Jackie Presser at one high fallutin' get together after another. There was absolutely nothing about organizing, grievances won, etc. And I won't criticize anything you are saying, but everything you are upset about has been happening for as long as I've been around.

But these people at FedEx brag about and justify their situation as though it was superior to ours. Here is just an example of what it means to be a Teamster, just one example. My granddaughter just had a surgical procedure called an ablation to correct a potentially fatal heart condition. I'm very familiar with this. I've had this procedure done twice. It is an out-patient operation. She went in early in the morning and was able to leave late the same afternoon. My son is a Teamster, so it was covered by his Teamster negotiated HMO. They got the hospital bill last week. It was over forty thousand dollars. They haven't seen the doctor bill yet. Of course they paid some nominal fee of about $25 to $50. And they pay no monthly premiums. Now you tell me where this is inferior to working at FedEx.
And my son doesn't have to kiss one a$$ to get this treatment. You're right, there are people who do, but they don't have to. I can't say positively, but I'd bet my last dollar that this can't be said at FedEx. You know as well as I do that you better keep your nose clean and your lips puckered if you plan to enjoy any peace at a place like that. Ask sourpickle!
When your right your right! :1036316054: I can relate with Strod120 tho. It's hard to see the silver lining when the chit is coming down.

Hey Larry check out Con-Ways forum its just as bad. It makes no sence to me why they keep letting the company take from them only to get told a line of B.S. They are all brainwashed from day one about how bad the Teamsters are and what the Teamsters would do to their bottom line. What a joke. Keep up the good fight brother.

Man your spew is getting old. Get over it or get out of it. Why do you think the so-called MEASTERS are out there? Its because of people like you bad mouthing the Brotherhood instead of standing up for it! I bet you have never set foot into the hall at a meeting and said anything like you blow around these boards. If you spent more time defending your Union and doing something about it you might see a change!! Until then, shut the **** up!!:chairshot:

What the hell other choice is there? That is just a cop-out on their part to suggest they would go with someone else. They've been so brainwashed, they don't know where to go. I hate seeing people live under such deceptive, manipulative conditions. You read gtrdones' posts and you see this process in all it's disgusting action.
What the hell other choice is there? There you go, maybe that's why there are so many non-union truck lines.

What the hell other choice is there? There you go, maybe that's why there are so many non-union truck lines.

I'm not trying to slam you, I'm saying this is just an excuse on their part. It is like the old commercial: Excedrin headache number whatever. They have a litany of excuses why they can't bite the bullet and make the move. After UPSF organized there are no more excuses. Step up and be counted.

Hey Larry check out Con-Ways forum its just as bad. It makes no sence to me why they keep letting the company take from them only to get told a line of B.S. They are all brainwashed from day one about how bad the Teamsters are and what the Teamsters would do to their bottom line. What a joke. Keep up the good fight brother.

You're right, I know. But my contention is if FedEx went, the rest would follow without much of a fight. On the other hand, if all the rest were organized and not FedEx, it wouldn't mean jack. They are the key. And with UPSF in the fold, I think that changes things. They are big, they know how to operate and they will grow. They have always held their own against FedEx without batting an eye. YRC and ABF are old hat, they've been around, but UPSF adds a new dimension. This has to have an effect on FedEx employees. They have to be asking themselves, "why them and not us?" My answer would be, "damn right, what are you waiting for?"

i'm a sour pickle

I'm with Central States. Be glad you're not, Larry.

hey buddy

Man your spew is getting old. Get over it or get out of it. Why do you think the so-called MEASTERS are out there? Its because of people like you bad mouthing the Brotherhood instead of standing up for it! I bet you have never set foot into the hall at a meeting and said anything like you blow around these boards. If you spent more time defending your Union and doing something about it you might see a change!! Until then, shut the **** up!!:chairshot:
Hear it from me and hear it now. Here in Cleveland we had to call in the ILRB to help us with our BA. Things were bad. But guess what... the're getting much better now. and you're right. because we don't whine, we do something about it. thanks IBOT. dont believe, me call local 407 CVE.

just one BA

Hear it from me and hear it now. Here in Cleveland we had to call in the ILRB to help us with our BA. Things were bad. But guess what... the're getting much better now. and you're right. because we don't whine, we do something about it. thanks IBOT. dont believe, me call local 407 CVE.
you think it's just one BA. call the local in Louisville KY too. I am a road driver, sat in the local cartage driver area while they dropped me out. they talked about getting threatened and railroaded to get this contract passed and now the BA says he was just doing what he was told by the union to get things done and not to take it out on him. Think I'm full of SH...meet me on private message, brother's. I'll give you my phone number after I deem it's ok to give it to you

I'm with Central States. Be glad you're not, Larry.

I know Western States is better than Central States. I worked with guys who transferred out here from Kansas City. So I know what you're saying. But that is a whole other discussion. My reason for this thread was that I can't understand how people at places like FedEx and Conway tolerate and even justify their circumstances. And I'm not going over there and say anything, because it is futile. So I vent my frustration over here, because this is my home forum. And as much as people over here rail against the company and the union, I am more comfortable arguing these points, than reading that stuff. It is only my opinion, but I find it pathetic. They even have management like gtrdone over there to keep everything copacetic. Like I said, that makes me want to puke.

They have to be asking themselves, "why them and not us?" My answer would be, "damn right, what are you waiting for?"
Great thread. I cannot come here and bash you or your thoughts and I'm not going to. All I am saying is if it isn't MFA then I don't even care.

Extremely Satisfied FXFW Employee.

i agree

I know Western States is better than Central States. I worked with guys who transferred out here from Kansas City. So I know what you're saying. But that is a whole other discussion. My reason for this thread was that I can't understand how people at places like FedEx and Conway tolerate and even justify their circumstances. And I'm not going over there and say anything, because it is futile. So I vent my frustration over here, because this is my home forum. And as much as people over here rail against the company and the union, I am more comfortable arguing these points, than reading that stuff. It is only my opinion, but I find it pathetic. They even have management like gtrdone over there to keep everything copacetic. Like I said, that makes me want to puke.
I'm gonna watch how I vent from now on. I'm sort of bashing myself when I bash the union or the company, because I am part of the union and the company, brother.

I'm gonna watch how I vent from now on. I'm sort of bashing myself when I bash the union or the company, because I am part of the union and the company, brother.
Now that is a breath of fresh air all of a sudden. I wish more people would say the same!!!!:1036316054: