Yellow | You're all okay after all

I'm gonna watch how I vent from now on. I'm sort of bashing myself when I bash the union or the company, because I am part of the union and the company, brother.

Kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face, huh? But there are issues with both the union and the company, and this is a place to air it out. At least we don't have to worry about being discovered by our employer over here. I've never said anything here that I wouldn't have told my managers. Hell I told them all way more than I've ever written here. I was never one of the fair haired boys, but I did do my job and I did represent my company well every day. And I never went around jambing my union down anyone's throat, but I was more than happy to explain anything about it to anybody who asked.

Great thread. I cannot come here and bash you or your thoughts and I'm not going to. All I am saying is if it isn't MFA then I don't even care.

Extremely Satisfied FXFW Employee.

Well all I have to say is your one of the few Extremely Satisfied FXFW Employees. Oh you said West maybe all of you are happy but I doubt it. Here on what was once the East side it sucks and you'll see soon. Jan. 2009 when we're all one big happy family. God I love my job!!!! Yes FedEx pays my bills and it is a good job. But the truth is is not what it once was and only getting worse as time passes. You being a member of mgt. have a differant outlook than us at the bottom. And my guess is you have not ever had a good job until the felt sorry for you and hired you. You are just like the rest of of at FedEx Freight we are sooooo lucky they let us work here. If we had a vote today I would vote yes go TEAMSTERS. Have a good day.:butt kiss:

amen brother

Well all I have to say is your one of the few Extremely Satisfied FXFW Employees. Oh you said West maybe all of you are happy but I doubt it. Here on what was once the East side it sucks and you'll see soon. Jan. 2009 when we're all one big happy family. God I love my job!!!! Yes FedEx pays my bills and it is a good job. But the truth is is not what it once was and only getting worse as time passes. You being a member of mgt. have a differant outlook than us at the bottom. And my guess is you have not ever had a good job until the felt sorry for you and hired you. You are just like the rest of of at FedEx Freight we are sooooo lucky they let us work here. If we had a vote today I would vote yes go TEAMSTERS. Have a good day.:butt kiss:
I look at all of us in the trucking business as brothers...believe it. Management or otherwise... Honest. But you have to know (or learn) who the screwers are and who are the screwed.

Larry, It was for NMFA.

Fedup, I am not a member of management, I am also on the bottom. I have 5 under me and only 3 are sets and van qualified(a rule that i hope is phased out come jan 2009). I have to almost agree that I didnt have a good job until FXFW hired me. I did OTR for several years then worked for YRCW as a combo dock/driver as well as another local company. My best gig has been here at FXFW IMO. It has its down sides but so do ALL companies.

Larry, It was for NMFA.

Fedup, I am not a member of management, I am also on the bottom. I have 5 under me and only 3 are sets and van qualified(a rule that i hope is phased out come jan 2009). I have to almost agree that I didnt have a good job until FXFW hired me. I did OTR for several years then worked for YRCW as a combo dock/driver as well as another local company. My best gig has been here at FXFW IMO. It has its down sides but so do ALL companies.

You sound like the kind of person I would like to have as a Teamster brother. Maybe you don't want that, but I hope it happens one day, and the sooner the better.

Sorry to hear your at the bottom. I not I'm in good shape there. But as I said before this is the USA and everyone can have their own opion mine just happens no to be the same a yours. I am pro union and that is all that needs to be said. Good luck to you and your future at FedEx.

And thank you Larry.:party-smiley-017:

Sorry to hear your at the bottom. I not I'm in good shape there. But as I said before this is the USA and everyone can have their own opion mine just happens no to be the same a yours. I am pro union and that is all that needs to be said. Good luck to you and your future at FedEx.

And thank you Larry.:party-smiley-017:

Hey bro, I don't know what you're thanking me for, but you're welcome. And I really hope you can join me as a Teamster someday. I never grew up wanting to be a Teamster, and when I got my first Teamster job I didn't even know what it meant. But it was the only way to go for someone like me. I'd have never lasted otherwise. I have too big a mouth to survive as a kissa$$.

I get pretty upset with the attitude on this forum. But tonight I went snooping and saw a thread over on FedEx that looked interesting. After reading several post by gtrdone and smokestack, I thought I was going to wretch. We may scream and yell and complain more than necessary, but at least we, TEAMSTERS, are the kind of people I would want to go to battle with. So I'll read something here in the future that will **** me off big time, but I'll know I'm dealing with folks I respect. I'm damn proud to be a TEAMSTER and share this forum with you.
I can't believe all the hate that was posted on the ODFL forum about Kaylee Seals.

I can't believe all the hate that was posted on the ODFL forum about Kaylee Seals.

I agree, that was pretty sad. That whole thread pisses me off. The person who started it just wanted to see how others felt. But it was being censored because people wanted to discuss the sexual and religious aspects. It was getting very ugly with all of the outrageous bigotry, but maybe we need to see how despicable some peoples' attitudes are.

It was a very eye opening look at some of the people who post on these boards.

By the way, if you really are from "The Land of Enchantment", I love that country. I really do get some sort of spiritual feeling whenever I'm down there. And there is no better food anywhere than in Santa Fe, in my opinion.

By the way, if you really are from "The Land of Enchantment", I love that country. I really do get some sort of spiritual feeling whenever I'm down there. And there is no better food anywhere than in Santa Fe, in my opinion.
Just tonite I pulled a 53 foot trailer from Roadways terminal in Albuquerque up to the Home Depot in Santa Fe. Years ago I peddled Santa Fe for Roadway out of Albuquerque when Devargas Mall was the biggest stop. At the time I lived at Cochiti Lake which is just south of Santa Fe. Then for some years both Roadway and Yellow had terminals in Santa Fe which were
eventually closed and they went back to peddling Santa Fe out of Albuquerque. Back in the early eighties Santa Fe for me was a neat little town. Now it's getting to be just another big city.

You're right, I know. But my contention is if FedEx went, the rest would follow without much of a fight. On the other hand, if all the rest were organized and not FedEx, it wouldn't mean jack. They are the key. And with UPSF in the fold, I think that changes things. They are big, they know how to operate and they will grow. They have always held their own against FedEx without batting an eye. YRC and ABF are old hat, they've been around, but UPSF adds a new dimension. This has to have an effect on FedEx employees. They have to be asking themselves, "why them and not us?" My answer would be, "damn right, what are you waiting for?"

" The rest would follow without much of a fight" Nice wording, so you actually expect a fight? The other carriers would submit after they saw the fight and decided they didnt want to fight?

" The rest would follow without much of a fight" Nice wording, so you actually expect a fight? The other carriers would submit after they saw the fight and decided they didnt want to fight?

Damn right, I think FedEx will fight to the last man. And I don't mean the carriers, I mean the men. If FedEx became union, the other workers at Conway, OD, R&L, etc. would want to join the party. It wouldn't be nearly as hard to talk to them if FedEx was in the fold.

Damn right, I think FedEx will fight to the last man. And I don't mean the carriers, I mean the men. If FedEx became union, the other workers at Conway, OD, R&L, etc. would want to join the party. It wouldn't be nearly as hard to talk to them if FedEx was in the fold.
Damm right brother!:1036316054: If we could just one of the above it would be great!!

I would say that the majority of the guys at the companies you listed must be happy, or they would seek representation. I dont think these guys look to FedEx for anything, I would say most of them think they are better off working 50 hours at straight time than getting time and a half after forty, but not working much over forty. Talking to other drivers in person I dont hear the complaining I hear on this forum. As far as brainwashing goes, most of us know that the company is serving itself with the propaganda.

I would say that the majority of the guys at the companies you listed must be happy, or they would seek representation.

You would have gotten the same feeling from Overnite/UPSF employees before they were presented a seamless opportunity to organize. But once this occurred, they joined by lopsided numbers in an unexpectedly short time. If given the same opportunity, I contend that the guys I listed would respond in the same way. Better pay, better benefits and protection against arbitrary management policy are hard to pass up.