Yellow | You're all okay after all

The first was just a parting shot at X475. We are both going different places in the COO and won't have the common issues to debate so much in common anymore.

The second was in response to mud giving Smoke an Attaboy. Smoke seems to have a "Kill them all, let god sort it out" mentality about some things. I imagine he was "Smoke'n" pretty good, there for a sec, earlier in your discussion. The idea of Mud coming up and giving him a pat on the head like a good little boy was to funny for me to keep my yap shut.

I guess some of you have some history way before me coming on, sorry for interfering.

Is he Bert Reynolds or Ned Beatty? Sorry, v, I just couldn't help myself.:hysterical:
Vwaggs still has a job.

Ned Beattys' career, after Deliverance well, um, he took it in the shorts. He did however have a short gig on Green Acres as a stand in for Arnold the Pig. That ended abrubtly when one of the Teamsters on the set found out he was a squealer.

Vwaggs still has a job.

Ned Beattys' career, after Deliverance well, um, he took it in the shorts. He did however have a short gig on Green Acres as a stand in for Arnold the Pig. That ended abrubtly when one of the Teamsters on the set found out he was a squealer.

sick your one sick pig:hysterical:

My take on the Con-Way thing:

Con-Way started out great, lots of good benefits but started cutting them back. Well, the newest hires are just glad to have a job, make pretty good money and have insurance.

The few older ones are bitter at the promises lost. There isn't that many long timers left at Con-Way to get together and go Union.

Also a lot of the older ones are also very close to retirement or in places where it would be too hard at their age to get better paying jobs without having to stay at the bottom for too long.

I've seen the younger ones on the board sneer and make fun of the guys with 20+ years behind them, about the older guys' bitterness at losing their benefits. I've tried to tell them that if they don't sit back, watch and help the older drivers then they are letting management know that they can pull the same tricks on the new drivers when they are older and have more senority.

Con-Way is pretty smart at keeping the drivers in an uproar and making it hard for them to band together.

At least this is so in our section, from my readings and from hearing some of the local drivers talking.

BTW Larry retired, I see you are on a Nutrisystem commercial for losing 50lbs! Congrats! LOL!

The few older ones are bitter at the promises lost. There isn't that many long timers left at Con-Way to get together and go Union.

Most of the Con-Way drivers that would vote for the union have already voted.....with their feet. The amount of ex Con-Way guys I have talked to at Yellow comes in a close third place behind former CF and Preston drivers. That speaks volumes for a company that's still in business.

Con-Way is pretty smart at keeping the drivers in an uproar and making it hard for them to band together.

BTW Larry retired, I see you are on a Nutrisystem commercial for losing 50lbs! Congrats! LOL!

Usually causing your workforce to be in a perpetual uproar helps to start the organizing ball rolling. I think what has spooked the Conway employees is the tactics they used many years ago to combat organizing. They would close the doors and reopen down the street. This ploy might not work as well today.

And I wish to hell I could lose 50 pounds.:hysterical: