FedEx Freight | You've all been dooped

There's a difference between several and fifteen...and I'm guessing you still don't "know" any of them. Just because you've talked to them, or even met a few, doesn't mean you "know" them. I've been around them for 20 years and I still don't "know" them...thought I did though!
Personal attacks are usually a last resort with you have nothing left to debate...which is becoming quite the trend with you and your side.

You should go into story telling when you retire. So the union is loosing support down there lol how is that did all the guys who voted yes change their minds and say they like their constitutional rights to be violated by the company lmao they should move you up you would be right at home lying to guys like upper level management.

Also worth noting, despite your assertion, MOST people are happy to pay for services they receive. Especially if those services meet or exceed expectations. Agree? Surely, I don't need to dig up proof on that one.

Are current union drivers happy with the services they are receiving from the teamsters?

Just an FYI union dues are completely TAX deductible

No sir, they are not.

Yes, union dues are tax deductible provided you're able to itemize deductions, however, you're only allowed to deduct the amount above and beyond 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).

This. ^

Let's use real numbers. Your Teamster dues are 2.5x your hourly rate per month. That means 30 hours (2.5 x 12) per year in dues. If you work 2000 hours a year (50 weeks x 40 hours) your dues equal = 1.5% of your income and therefore NONE of those dues are tax deductible.

You would have to work less than 28.84 hours a week average before a single penny of your dues are tax deductible.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Are current union drivers happy with the services they are receiving from the teamsters?
Let me answer that one please. In the Central States region the answer is hell no. Just talked to a 30 year guy from YRC yesterday .... He is 60 and planned on going 30 and out. Now he is just waiting with uncertainty and doesn't know when he will retire. I've talked with many other Teamsters and they share the same sentiment. All you really have to do is go to the YRC and ABF forums and the answer becomes very apparent.

Your example though, Red... It's misleading. A 35k wage would NOT equate to $1000 in dues. More like $504.81 ($42.07/Mo.)OR LESS.

Mornin' SwampRatt. You are making the assumption that 35K is based on a 2080 hour work year. $16.83/hr. If they worked less than 2080 hours their dues would be more than $42.07/mo. So it could me $42.07/mo in dues MORE or LESS. ;)

A Teamster with $1000 in annual dues would have to make $33.33/hr., for that to equate to 35k they would have to work about 20 hours a week average.

Let me answer that one please. In the Central States region the answer is hell no. Just talked to a 30 year guy from YRC yesterday .... He is 60 and planned on going 30 and out. Now he is just waiting with uncertainty and doesn't know when he will retire. I've talked with many other Teamsters and they share the same sentiment. All you really have to do is go to the YRC and ABF forums and the answer becomes very apparent.

That's what I was getting at. The guys on this forum screaming how the union will fix everything are the same ones on the union forum letting everyone know that the teamsters are putting the screws to them.

Misery loves company. :02.47 tranquillity:

It fairness, most don't post on this forum, and you are always going to have a percentage of people that are never happy, no matter the circumstances. However, some of those most vocal "pro-Union" aren't always happy with the union.

For Example:
ABFer said:
I find it unconscionable that our sorry excuse for a union would stoop this low on us and it makes me wonder what they got out of it.

It seems the Teamsters getting a bunch for the little brothers and sisters doesn't sit well with everybody. In my experience they love it when their little brothers and sisters are showered with gifts as long as they get some too. Sounds a bit selfish to me.

You and Red sure like to speak for other people even though nither one of you guys have a clue what the majority of the people you speak for think on certain issues.

Yes, I "think" the vast majority are satisfied, Evidenced by the lack of significant efforts to decertify.
Yet, according to the IBT Constitution, a member can be fined for even suggesting, let alone participating in a decertification process....this could explain why there's a lack of significant efforts.

Your only argument is always cspf. Thats all you have. Why dont you bring up the dozens of other solvent, strong teamster pensions? Not to mention a Fedex contract would most likely keep the current retirement plan at fedex and just contain language pertaining to it.

Your only argument is always cspf. Thats all you have. Why dont you bring up the dozens of other solvent, strong teamster pensions? Not to mention a Fedex contract would most likely keep the current retirement plan at fedex and just contain language pertaining to it.

To be fair R.T. you should include the pay cuts, reduction in pension contributions, junk equipment, out dated terminals, horrible morale, .....etc. :cool:

The union doesn't buy equipment and terminals, the pay cuts were to bring us down to your level yet we are still better compensated, what is your pension contributions like?
Bull ::shit:: ... You don't make more hourly than us. And you will be lucky if you get half of what you think your pension will be before this pension ordeal is over with. And I'm not just talking about Central States.

Bull :::shit::: ... You don't make more hourly than us. And you will be lucky if you get half of what you think your pension will be before this pension ordeal is over with. And I'm not just talking about Central States.
There is more to compensation than hourly wage. Keep paying for that crap Saia insurance Train. At the end of the week there is more in my pocket.

There is more to compensation than hourly wage. Keep paying for that crap Saia insurance Train. At the end of the week there is more in my pocket.
As insurance goes ... SAIA has the best insurance of any nonunion carrier. $12.weekly for single .. Around $35 for family. $25. office visits without meeting deductibles ... CT's and related blood work are paid for without meeting deductibles as with most things that can be done in an out patient setting. It's United Healthcares premium package. Your Healthcare may be a little better but when you have to sell your soul to the Devil (Teamsters) to get it. I say no thanks. I'd gladly pay double what I pay now to stay away from Hoffa and his cronies. $1500. max out of pocket for a hospital stay. I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
And now you speak for them?