FedEx Freight | You've all been dooped

I was going to go down analogy road, pointing out the numbers who actually oppose rebellion vs those who wanted to submit to Great Britain but lets forget the analogies. Too much trouble.

The number of votes, who didn't vote, and all that, is not really important. A significant, as well as sufficient, number did vote yes.

Your situation is difficult, I understand. And you see the chance for success as limited (Zero?), right? In truth, it's NOT zero, and could be vastly improved if (when?) your center gets more support. Every center that joins your's adds to the strength of your center's position. There is also strength that can be mustered from within. You are within. You can help, hinder, or stay out of it. I think if it were me, I'd want to help. If not, I'd stay out stay out of it. I would certainly not hinder the effort of those making the attempt at a suitable contract.

I most certainly would be interested in this "wish list" you speak of. I'd bet it is perfectly reasonable...

It's a difficult enough fight (I'm sure) without detractors (inside your center's gates) making it more difficult than need be.

Just a casual observer, offering something to think about. Obviously the decision is your's alone
The fact of the matter is simple....since we're a RTW state, we have 30-40 drivers who desperately want the union...about 100 that want nothing to do with it...and about 80 who want everything the union has to offer but don't want to pay for it...that equates to about 180 drivers who don't want to support the union financially.
Now we all know the union is about money and we all know the Pres of the local has said he wants a certain large percentage of drivers to sign up to pay dues should a contract be ratified, otherwise, it makes no sense for the union to continue to spend money fighting a cause that's not worth it for them financially.
Of the three groups of drivers, a majority lies in the no supporters, followed up by those who want but don't want to pay.
To say the fight is over and we should give is ludicrous, we'll see how long the union hangs in there once they realize there's no money to be made!

The president of the local said no such thing and honestly we will see about the membership your numbers are really hilarious considering the local has NOT asked the first person to sign a membership. You need to fire your source lol. Again, it's posting things like that and you wonder why pro union drivers don't talk to you? I believe when a beneficial contract to the employees is attained the membership will be just fine. To say what people will or will not do is pure speculation and since neither of us can tell the future we honestly cannot do it. But if we could tell the future I would be more interested in forecasting the winning powerball numbers lol.....

Last edited:
The president of the local said no such thing and honestly we will see about the membership your numbers are really hilarious considering the local has NOT asked the first person to sign a membership. You need to fire your source lol. Again, it's posting things like that and you wonder why pro union drivers don't talk to you? I believe when a beneficial contract to the employees is attained the membership will be just fine. To say what people will or will not do is pure speculation and since neither of us can tell the future we honestly cannot do it. But if we could tell the future I would be more interested in forecasting the winning powerball numbers lol.....
Exactly. He's a ::shit:: salesmen with a mouth full of samples.

And I'm the one in denial....

The fact of the matter is simple....since we're a RTW state, we have 30-40 drivers who desperately want the union...about 100 that want nothing to do with it...and about 80 who want everything the union has to offer but don't want to pay for it...that equates to about 180 drivers who don't want to support the union financially.
Now we all know the union is about money and we all know the Pres of the local has said he wants a certain large percentage of drivers to sign up to pay dues should a contract be ratified, otherwise, it makes no sense for the union to continue to spend money fighting a cause that's not worth it for them financially.
Of the three groups of drivers, a majority lies in the no supporters, followed up by those who want but don't want to pay.
To say the fight is over and we should give is ludicrous, we'll see how long the union hangs in there once they realize there's no money to be made!
So Red, if the "numbers" are all against a Union why or better yet how did it get voted in? I seriously think you need to get your meds checked, wouldn't want you to stroke out before you can collect Freddy's generous pension.:poke:

So Red, if the "numbers" are all against a Union why or better yet how did it get voted in? I seriously think you need to get your meds checked, wouldn't want you to stroke out before you can collect Freddy's generous pension.:poke:

Ahhhh, that generous pension. 20 years of sevice. 20 years of following the rules, getting the jom's, busting to meet the demands of dispatch, gets me 500.00 a month for 5 years guaranteed. So if I'm correct, each month earns me 2 sausage biscuits at McDonald's. Let's all pray they don't take away the dollar menu. I sincerely hope I'm not labeled greedy.

Ahhhh, that generous pension. 20 years of sevice. 20 years of following the rules, getting the jom's, busting to meet the demands of dispatch, gets me 500.00 a month for 5 years guaranteed. So if I'm correct, each month earns me 2 sausage biscuits at McDonald's. Let's all pray they don't take away the dollar menu. I sincerely hope I'm not labeled greedy.

Comapny playbook?? That's the union's playbook...divide and conquer! The company wants everyone on the same page, the union needs division in order to succeed.
You don't know 15 CLT drivers! LMAO!!!
Still waiting on you defend you position on our so called LOU lies....I'm quite certain you have no idea what you're talking about!
No sore loser here, I was one of the first to congratulate them!
Denial? That would be the ones who still believe they have a majority of support for the union. They've been making their calls for their membership drive, just ask them, things aren't as hunky dory as they'd like!!

Yep I sure do know several clt drivers and they all say your full of it. Your a sad person red you couldn't tell the the truth if someone payed you. You have no idea about numbers of who support and who doesn't because you thought the company was going to win they lost. I laugh every time I hear you talk about how you know what over 200 drivers want when you have been wrong all along. You keep up the lies it's making you look bad not me.

Last edited:
So you're claiming that the union doesn't care or isn't worried about how many drivers become dues paying members? Really? So they're happy to spend millions only to get $2500 a month return in dues? Hell, it's no wonder they're going broke!
If they're not asking for members, then why are you guys trying to get people to sign up to become dues paying members should a contract be ratified? Some of your pals sure are keeping the phone lines busy either trying to drum up support or hoping to retain what little support you have left.
Sounds contradicting to me.

You my friend should've paid better attention in English class when they were teaching reading comprehension...go back and reread the post, if read correctly, you "should" be able to answer your own question.

Yep I sure do know several clt drivers and they all say your full of it. Your a sad person red you couldn't tell the the truth if someone payed you. You have no idea about numbers of who support and who doesn't because you thought the company was going to win they lost. I laugh every time I hear you talk about how you know what over 200 drivers want when you have been wrong all along. You keep up the lies it's making you look bad not me.
There's a difference between several and fifteen...and I'm guessing you still don't "know" any of them. Just because you've talked to them, or even met a few, doesn't mean you "know" them. I've been around them for 20 years and I still don't "know" them...thought I did though!
Personal attacks are usually a last resort with you have nothing left to debate...which is becoming quite the trend with you and your side.

Just an FYI union dues are completely TAX deductible
Yes, union dues are tax deductible provided you're able to itemize deductions, however, you're only allowed to deduct the amount above and beyond 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).

For example, if your AGI is $35,000, and your union dues are $1,000, the IRS will let you deduct [$1,000 – ($35,000 x .02)] = $300.

Not exactly "completely" tax deductible.

So you're claiming that the union doesn't care or isn't worried about how many drivers become dues paying members? Really? So they're happy to spend millions only to get $2500 a month return in dues? Hell, it's no wonder they're going broke!
If they're not asking for members, then why are you guys trying to get people to sign up to become dues paying members should a contract be ratified? Some of your pals sure are keeping the phone lines busy either trying to drum up support or hoping to retain what little support you have left.
Exaggeration at it's finest?

MILLIONS? That would be over the top exaggeration. "$2500 a month return in dues?". Yet another. Neither of your numbers is close to real. At least try to show believable, realistic numbers.

Also worth noting, despite your assertion, MOST people are happy to pay for services they receive. Especially if those services meet or exceed expectations. Agree? Surely, I don't need to dig up proof on that one.

You my friend should've paid better attention in English class when they were teaching reading comprehension...go back and reread the post, if read correctly, you "should" be able to answer your own question.
So you can't answer? Oh by the way I am not your friend , wouldn't want to mislead you into thinking otherwise.

Last edited:
Yes, union dues are tax deductible provided you're able to itemize deductions, however, you're only allowed to deduct the amount above and beyond 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).

For example, if your AGI is $35,000, and your union dues are $1,000, the IRS will let you deduct [$1,000 – ($35,000 x .02)] = $300.

Not exactly "completely" tax deductible.

I agree with the "premise", most would not be able to deduct. Just like most can't deduct work related purchases or medical due to the threshold, above which expense deductions apply.

Your example though, Red... It's misleading. A 35k wage would NOT equate to $1000 in dues. More like $504.81 ($42.07/Mo.)OR LESS.

What little support we have left lol? Now who's in denial. Your the one who claimed what the union demanded not me, just curious how you can do that when you never were there at any time. The membership will be just fine we will hold a spot for you ok? Lol. If you think they have spent millions in Charlotte your figures are WAY off.