Yellow | YRC’s top spot isn’t easy to fill

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
As bumpy as the road remains, Overland Park-based trucker YRC Worldwide Inc. has made it to the start of 2011, though some industry observers continue to doubt its future. But whether YRC’s trucks are on America’s highways at the end of the year could hinge on who becomes its lead driver...............

............Now, some are wondering why it’s taking YRC’s board of directors so long to find Zollars’ successor. According to industry observers and executive search consultants, the challenges of finding someone to lead a financially troubled company are many. Among the issues are whether to hire from within the company, to hire from within the industry or to bring in an outsider. Compensation also becomes a factor as the best executives consider such a risky career move.......................

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/10/2574992/yrcs-top-spot-isnt-easy-to-fill.html

Good read. Right on the money. Zollars s--t to bed and now they need somebody to clean up the mess and nobody wants it.

It needs to be someone from the industry. Transportation is unlike other businesses, someone that may be a genius in the normal business world could fail miserably in transportation. Note the (alleged) out going leader.

I'm with you on that spn62.

I would like to see them bring in some new blood from another TRUCKING company. I'd like to see a whole new business plan, combined with a whole new attitude towards the employees. Someone from outside our organization would have a chance to change the attitudes immediately, and implement a service oriented business plan. If we promote one of Zollars' cronies, nothing changes. The attitudes would stay the same and the business plan would stay the same because the new CEO would have, more than likely, formed the same strategy as Zollars. Which is a failure.

I would like to see them bring in some new blood from another TRUCKING company. I'd like to see a whole new business plan, combined with a whole new attitude towards the employees. Someone from outside our organization would have a chance to change the attitudes immediately, and implement a service oriented business plan. If we promote one of Zollars' cronies, nothing changes. The attitudes would stay the same and the business plan would stay the same because the new CEO would have, more than likely, formed the same strategy as Zollars. Which is a failure.

When CF shut down in 2002, all the execs had jobs within a week (or so it seemed). Please, hire someone that has actually succeeded in running a trucking company, not just run one. The union is not an obstacle, as everyone has seen, so that should not be an impediment.

Why don't we all just watch "Undercover Boss" and pick the best one at the end of the season? Or we could do it "American Idol" style and have a 1-800#. Teamsters love to vote....look at how many times we've voted for givebacks and re-elected the Hoffa Slate. RocketManCVE :)

Why don't they appoint someone like Roger Penske? His reputation as a transportation CEO can't really be tarnished by YRCW. I dunno. Just a thought.

Someone from outside the company could be anyone that was not Yellow. Most of the good Rdwy people moved on.

Why don't they appoint someone like Roger Penske? His reputation as a transportation CEO can't really be tarnished by YRCW. I dunno. Just a thought.

Penske??? You wantta work for $15 dollars and forget pension. I left when Penske bought our company because he went UAW, I came to Rdwy to continue pension with the Teamsters. The UAW guys just turned down a contract proposal for even more concessions......my opinion....keep looking for a replacement.

Maury Myers turned Yellow around and he was an outside guy.....He took the ties off of the foreman and had a more laidback attitude.....

Penske??? You wantta work for $15 dollars and forget pension. I left when Penske bought our company because he went UAW, I came to Rdwy to continue pension with the Teamsters. The UAW guys just turned down a contract proposal for even more concessions......my opinion....keep looking for a replacement.
I didn't really know about the union hating ways of Roger Penske. I was mainly thinking of some current transportation CEO like him where it would complement his other businesses. Maybe the CEO of Ryder? They have a full parts company that would cut costs. We could even team up with someone like the CEO of Hoooters Coby Brooks. Use our trailers to deliver to their stores and for advertising? Who wouldn't want to drive a trailer with a Hooter's girl on it?

This is going to be impossible for the bod to do if its pos bill they want to replace. I doubt if theres anyone that stupid in America! Maybe a cartoon charactor. So hes going to be there a long time to come.
Now, if they want someone that will give the company the best possible chance to return to its former glory days, then I'll sacrifice a year of my retirement to bring back the 40,000 employees that bill screwed. And I'll do it for a fraction of the pay, maybe just a stock option. PS: All the brown nosers will remain terminated, I cant stand a brown nose.

TurboJ this should be your theme song ( sorry Noodle for using your Youtube ) !

This is going to be impossible for the bod to do if its pos bill they want to replace. I doubt if theres anyone that stupid in America! Maybe a cartoon charactor. So hes going to be there a long time to come.
Now, if they want someone that will give the company the best possible chance to return to its former glory days, then I'll sacrifice a year of my retirement to bring back the 40,000 employees that bill screwed. And I'll do it for a fraction of the pay, maybe just a stock option. PS: All the brown nosers will remain terminated, I cant stand a brown nose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the dial-up version for me?:biglaugh:

Here you go Bud the dial up version, we at Truckingboards always aim to please our members :grouphug:

ARTIST: Mac Davis
TITLE: It's Hard to Be Humble
Lyrics and Chords
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror 'cause I get better lookin' each day
To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.......................

It's Hard to Be Humble - Mac Davis (Lyrics and Chords)

Here you go Bud the dial up version, we at Truckingboards always aim to please our members :grouphug:

ARTIST: Mac Davis
TITLE: It's Hard to Be Humble
Lyrics and Chords
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror 'cause I get better lookin' each day
To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.......................

It's Hard to Be Humble - Mac Davis (Lyrics and Chords)

Hey, I'm not perfect. But then again, I'm so close whats the difference!:biglaugh::biglaugh:PS: Did you know that Mac Davis and Glen Campbell were good friends? So much so they switch wives.
Oh, I forgot to add for you yes voters, wives is the plural of wife!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm not perfect. But then again, I'm so close whats the difference!:biglaugh::biglaugh:PS: Did you know that Mac Davis and Glen Campbell were good friends? So much so they switch wives.
Oh, I forgot to add for you yes voters, wives is the plural of wife!

images

ya, you're a little damaged but you're looking good, how's the wife?
I'm glad to see you're living the good life..a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia. I suspect Bill brought this pain on you. What a curse, bro
sarcastic.gif