ABF | YRC ABF

Properly executed it is not stealing time...
If your not doing your job to the best of your ability, then while you might be "sticking it" to the company IMHO your just cheating yourselve and you co-workers. I can understand you being upset with your contract, but regardless of how it happened it was voted on by YOUR membership.

Stealing is stealing whether they stole some of your benefits by lying about what might happen or if just giving a half effort and expecting full pay.

If your not doing your job to the best of your ability, then while you might be "sticking it" to the company IMHO your just cheating yourselve and you co-workers. I can understand you being upset with your contract, but regardless of how it happened it was voted on by YOUR membership.

Stealing is stealing whether they stole some of your benefits by lying about what might happen or if just giving a half effort and expecting full pay.
I always found it took a lot more effort to steal time, versus just doing your job.

I always found it took a lot more effort to steal time, versus just doing your job.
You are right on that point,mud. Most of the time, the clockmilkers stand out even on a crowded dock, or busy terminal. But then again, many have been doing it for the last 20 years or more, way before any MOU, or other contracts were voted on at any company. Now some come on here and post how they will get even, or just screw over the company. I would think they will just do like they have since hiring on, because in a lot of cases the company figures they won't get a full 8 out of them. Never have, never will.

If your not doing your job to the best of your ability, then while you might be "sticking it" to the company IMHO your just cheating yourselve and you co-workers.
You don't understand and I'd guess that either you're not old enough to be a 'pops' or you're hard on learning.
Doing the job right takes a lot more time and effort and I am not too lazy to do my job right. Working as instructed I use seatbelts on forklifts, inspect forklifts before use, make every effort to count freight, document when I can't or tear it apart if I have to. Check every address label, every pro sticker, check each and every piece for damage and document accordingly. Get supervisor's attention when needed. Take all breaks right on schedule, check all fluid levels in my equipment, look for loose bolts, burnt out lights, etc. I am also a model employee, I show up on time every time, work as as instructed by supervisor unless his instructions will be unsafe.
You are right on that point,mud. Most of the time, the clockmilkers stand out even on a crowded dock, or busy terminal. But then again, many have been doing it for the last 20 years or more, way before any MOU, or other contracts were voted on at any company. Now some come on here and post how they will get even, or just screw over the company. I would think they will just do like they have since hiring on, because in a lot of cases the company figures they won't get a full 8 out of them. Never have, never will.
:butt kiss:
Maybe one day I'll be half the man you guys are, in the meantime I'll just have to be me.

I just love it when others come on their high horses, thinking that they're better than everyone else, telling them all how to be. What is it that makes people think that they're better and that their ways are better?

I just love it when others come on their high horses, thinking that they're better than everyone else, telling them all how to be. What is it that makes people think that they're better and that their ways are better?
Well if your thinking that I think I'm better than you or anyone else you have the entirely wrong perception. I never said I was better than anyone. I said do the job to the best of YOUR ability. Everyone's ability is different, and yes some people are better at different things, not saying they're not. I just feel that if a man is paying me to do a job I owe him to do the absolute best that I am capable of. I don't half ass anything I do, because that is the work ethic that was instilled in me by my father and the people that I grew up with. If your not going to do the best you can do, then why even show up?

Now then maybe I misread your post about only doing 4 hours of work and getting payed for 8 but then sometimes my reading comprehension isn't the best. Maybe that comes from the hard knocks I've had throughout my life.

Lot of good boys and girls in this thread. Hell, I'd hire you for 85% of the pay and 25% of the retirement you're worth, too! This makes me wanna start up a trucking company, when people talk about work ethic and what-not. You give me work ethic, and I'll give you zero ethics back!

I'll say the same thing to you as I did to Von, If somebody willfully damaged your car you would want them arrested. It's chicken :::shit::: and only punk would do it, if you really want to respect that you can this is America and it is your right.
The problem with that thought is no one is getting anything out of beating my car up. I got insurance. YRC is willfully beating their employees up and taking all the money.
I'm not blaming the employees I'm blaming our union for letting this stuff go. Seems our union is more interested in union dues than making our union stronger. If our union leaders cared they would be telling you guys to strike the place until we all are getting the same pay cuts! Makes no sense stuffing managements pockets while screwing the people that are doing the back work for less. Sorry for being pissy just am sick of union guys taking it in the butt and watching non union companies lap us. Old Dominion is wacking all of us in operating ratio and have pretty good benefits. Who needs a union when we have a union company working for about the same money after benefits are figured in?

This thread is starting to turn into a normal day at my terminal. People who have always wasted time, or milked it, are always saying, or doing things trying to justify their actions by blaming the company, co workers, equipment, corporate decisions, customers and anything else they can think of, to just not do their job. Good upbringing, pride in your job,and good work ethics will never be 100 percent in any occupation.

This thread is starting to turn into a normal day at my terminal. People who have always wasted time, or milked it, are always saying, or doing things trying to justify their actions by blaming the company, co workers, equipment, corporate decisions, customers and anything else they can think of, to just not do their job. Good upbringing, pride in your job,and good work ethics will never be 100 percent in any occupation.

You're SURE you're in a union? You're POSITIVE? You're an employer's DREAM.

I have UTMOST pride in what I do, bordering on arrogance. But to EARN that work, you have to pay up. Hence, I'm no longer at YRC or ABF. ABF was a great company for a long time, but rumors always precede the fall. I don't have time for all that.

Good upbringing, pride in your job,and good work ethics will never be 100 percent in any occupation.
And the more you screw your workers then lavish yourself in exorbitant pay and benefits the worse it gets, I always thought that that was just commons sense. :idunno:

And the more you screw your workers then lavish yourself in exorbitant pay and benefits the worse it gets, I always thought that that was just commons sense. :idunno:
Common sense? I would say it has been the corporate American way for the last 75 years.

The problem with that thought is no one is getting anything out of beating my car up. I got insurance. YRC is willfully beating their employees up and taking all the money.
I'm not blaming the employees I'm blaming our union for letting this stuff go. Seems our union is more interested in union dues than making our union stronger. If our union leaders cared they would be telling you guys to strike the place until we all are getting the same pay cuts! Makes no sense stuffing managements pockets while screwing the people that are doing the back work for less. Sorry for being pissy just am sick of union guys taking it in the butt and watching non union companies lap us. Old Dominion is wacking all of us in operating ratio and have pretty good benefits. Who needs a union when we have a union company working for about the same money after benefits are figured in?
You can try to justify it all you want, it's a chicken ::shit:: move. It was the rank and file that voted for the agreement, you want to blame the union when you are the union, lot's of guys pissing and moaning about ::shit:: and instead of filing on it you go out and destroy equipment to get even

I have observed that workers that had work ethic on the jobs they had before that paid half of what a Teamster job pays with little or no benefits will have the same work ethic here. Those who weren't good workers for minimum wages won't work for Teamster wages. In fact I have seen those people not show up for a 40 hour week because they can get by with less. The man who hired me many years ago said some folks just don't appreciate prosperity.

You can try to justify it all you want, it's a chicken :::shit::: move. It was the rank and file that voted for the agreement, you want to blame the union when you are the union, lot's of guys pissing and moaning about :::shit::: and instead of filing on it you go out and destroy equipment to get even
The union didn't get to vote YRC into paying nothing. 26000 YRC employees did! 1.4 million teamsters got hosed on YRC and UPS jumping out. Seems to be a sham to me. you seem to think everything is going to great without actually taking a stand. It's not. Hope we will stand together on future contracts but I doubt it. How do you plan on Winning a good contract? Accepting a MOU on the first vote? Have to have some nuts. All I see are cry babies. I accepted ABF's crap but will leave if our members are wimps. Now make a derogatory statement about me and cry.

The union didn't get to vote YRC into paying nothing. 26000 YRC employees did!
Did you read the part where
I said you are the union? You self inflicted this on yourself and are try to get even by destroying equipment/ property, I'll say it again , it's a chicken ::shit:: move, that only a coward would stoop to. Happy now?