Yellow | YRC Code of Conduct Booklet

LEHIGH vALLY, paranoid or not. As employees of any operating company of YRCW, we are all bound by the published Corporate Code of Conduct. If you have a chance to review you paperwork from when you were hired. You will find a document that you signed that states that you are required to and agree to conform the rules of the employer. Teamster or not.:1036316054:

As my terrific steward used to say years ago, making an issue over this is like "picking the fly sh*t out of the pepper". Don't we have bigger issues to be concerned about?

Not if people use a little common sense and investigate instead of giving in to hysteria.

I can't see the hysteria.. I see people saying what they believe and enforcing it... Some folks don't like that and some take it a different way.. I commend anyone that questions.. I'm an owner of a business.. I've been in management in this business. I have never gotten offended by people questioning.. That's hard for some folks to handle... You're not going to strike over someone questioning methods... Now that would be hysteria in the true definition..

But just throwing some piece of paper or booklet at someone and saying "sign this" is not only unprofessional, it's disrespectful... How would they feel if you just walked in and threw the bills at them and go home.. No info.. Kiss my ass or nothing...

The publication of a code of conduct is required by the New York Stock Exchange for all companies listed on the exchange. It comes from SEC regulations that were first published in 2002 for executive level employees only. The NYSE required code of conduct for all employees. It's strictly a regulatory thing all public companies have to do if they are traded on the NYSE. Some of you need to educate yourselves a little bit. If you're here on TB you obviously have Internet access. Try using Google once in a while and investigate for yourselves.
I'm thinking that ABF Freight must be in violation then. And isn't YRCW traded on the NASDAQ and not the NYSE?

Although I read most of what I was asked to sign. At the time I hired in I signed everything I was asked. It astounds me when some are surprised by what they have committed to.
"When did they start this?", is one of my favorites! Uh............ let's see. Since your first day of employment!:duh:

I can't see the hysteria.. I see people saying what they believe and enforcing it... Some folks don't like that and some take it a different way.. I commend anyone that questions.. I'm an owner of a business.. I've been in management in this business. I have never gotten offended by people questioning.. That's hard for some folks to handle... You're not going to strike over someone questioning methods... Now that would be hysteria in the true definition..

But just throwing some piece of paper or booklet at someone and saying "sign this" is not only unprofessional, it's disrespectful... How would they feel if you just walked in and threw the bills at them and go home.. No info.. Kiss my ass or nothing...

You make good points Loon and I agree. Maybe "over reacting" would be a better choice of words than "hysteria". I completely agree with people questioning and/or investigating. It seems though that many folks skipped the investigating part and just went straight to complaining or objecting. Also as I said earlier, there are people on both sides who lack people skills. Neither side has cornered the market on that.

I'm thinking that ABF Freight must be in violation then. And isn't YRCW traded on the NASDAQ and not the NYSE?

You work for them and you don't know this? Shame on you!!

Code of Conduct | ArcBest Corporation

PS - From NASDAQ's own web site (which you could have investigated yourself):

Nasdaq listed companies are required to have a code of conduct that is applicable to all directors, officers and employees. The code of conduct must meet the definition of a "code of ethics" as set forth in Section 406(c) of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. The code of conduct must be publicly available. In addition, any waivers of the code for directors or executive officers must be approved by the board. Companies, other than Foreign Private Issuers, shall disclose such waivers within four business days by filing a current report on Form 8-K with the Commission or, in cases where a Form 8-K is not required, by distributing a press release. Foreign Private Issuers shall disclose such waivers either by distributing a press release or including disclosure in a Form 6-K or in the next Form 20-F or 40-F. Alternatively, a company, including a Foreign Private Issuer, may disclose waivers on the company's website in a manner that satisfies the requirements of Item 5.05(c) of Form 8-K.

I just got off the phone with Maria Bartiromo [THE MONEY HONEY]. She informed me that the NASDAQ is an ELITE GROUP of 3,200 Companies. This Market trades electronically, so it is faster and easier for those investors to buy and sell from their smart phones, tablets, lap tops, etc. It is all part of the NYSE.

I just got off the phone with Maria Bartiromo [THE MONEY HONEY]. She informed me that the NASDAQ is an ELITE GROUP of 3,200 Companies. This Market trades electronically, so it is faster and easier for those investors to buy and sell from their smart phones, tablets, lap tops, etc. It is all part of the NYSE.

I remember the first time I saw her report from the floor.

As a result, I began paying much closer attention to my investments.

You work for them and you don't know this? Shame on you!!

Code of Conduct | ArcBest Corporation

PS - From NASDAQ's own web site (which you could have investigated yourself):

Nasdaq listed companies are required to have a code of conduct that is applicable to all directors, officers and employees. The code of conduct must meet the definition of a "code of ethics" as set forth in Section 406(c) of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. The code of conduct must be publicly available. In addition, any waivers of the code for directors or executive officers must be approved by the board. Companies, other than Foreign Private Issuers, shall disclose such waivers within four business days by filing a current report on Form 8-K with the Commission or, in cases where a Form 8-K is not required, by distributing a press release. Foreign Private Issuers shall disclose such waivers either by distributing a press release or including disclosure in a Form 6-K or in the next Form 20-F or 40-F. Alternatively, a company, including a Foreign Private Issuer, may disclose waivers on the company's website in a manner that satisfies the requirements of Item 5.05(c) of Form 8-K.

Government overeach. I can't see any justification for government to stick it's nose into the ethical behaviour or lack thereof of employees that have absolutely no involvement in corporate governance. But the sheep just keep bending over and taking it. In recent years the government has highjacked healthcare, ethics, who we must like and who we can't dislike, got away with punitive taxation to discourage behaviour they don't like, and it goes on and on. No wonder the United States has slipped from number one to something like number 15 in the rankings of most free countries in the world.

Government overeach. I can't see any justification for government to stick it's nose into the ethical behaviour or lack thereof of employees that have absolutely no involvement in corporate governance. But the sheep just keep bending over and taking it. In recent years the government has highjacked healthcare, ethics, who we must like and who we can't dislike, got away with punitive taxation to discourage behaviour they don't like, and it goes on and on. No wonder the United States has slipped from number one to something like number 15 in the rankings of most free countries in the world.

We vote those people in don't we. How many of us take the time to really get educated and involved in who our representatives are and what they stand for.

I sure am glad we got all that straightened out, now I can rest better tonight. That code of conduct is more like no criminals allowed. Nothing against picking my nose or farting in the seat so I'm good.

And I want to know exactly what they mean by this one:
Principle 4: Elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor.
I think I've been violated.

Thank You, Thank You. :notworthy:

I think by now the Teamster Freight Division Director, Brother Tyson Johnson has reviewed this so called "Code of Conduct" and will be issuing a memorandum to all Freight Locals as to whether it's O.K. for YRCW Teamster employees to "sign-off" on this document?! Hello Tyson...we're waiting!

I think by now the Teamster Freight Division Director, Brother Tyson Johnson has reviewed this so called "Code of Conduct" and will be issuing a memorandum to all Freight Locals as to whether it's O.K. for YRCW Teamster employees to "sign-off" on this document?! Hello Tyson...we're waiting!
Already done. My Local was told to advised everyone not to sign.

Refutes what exactly? Show me where I said that someone could be fired for not signing. Do you just make things up to sound like a bad a**?

I never commented either way about anyone refusing to sign. I simply gave the reasons for why the company puts this kind of document out and why they ask employees to sign for it. Try re-reading exactly what I posted without inserting things I never said.
Try re reading my post 1st.then you may understand what was refuted in your post and the fact i didn't insert anything from your silly post.thanks.

Try re reading my post 1st.then you may understand what was refuted in your post and the fact i didn't insert anything from your silly post.thanks.

Are you really as delusional as your responses would indicate? Do you even comprehend what YOU yourself post?