Yellow | Yrc contributions to pension fund

I think the reason why this is even being discussed here is because YRC has no money to pay the pension fund and 3-4 months down the road they still wont have any, they're barely making Payroll.
Do we really know that YRC is "barely making payroll"? Do we know what monies they will have available in 3-4 months? On several different threads I keep reading about people having given up on YRC.

People a lot smarter than me have not given up on YRC. I still think that some of you are pulling the plug way too soon.

The H&W and Pension payment for March is to be in CSPF on 4/15/09....lets wait and see what happens then....KK

Do we really know that YRC is "barely making payroll"? Do we know what monies they will have available in 3-4 months? On several different threads I keep reading about people having given up on YRC.

People a lot smarter than me have not given up on YRC. I still think that some of you are pulling the plug way too soon.
Been with Yellow/YRC for 20 years and have not seen things so pathetically bad. First off don't take what I say as fact it's my personal opinion based on observation. Half of our barn did not get their checks yesterday, yes it could be a glitch because of the new system, don't know if I even got mine I'm afraid to look at my bank account. When I asked for the stub I was told I would get it at the end of the shift at the end of my shift they told me they couldn't find it, BS!!! Morale is low and not only are employee's pissed but customers are too, I'm not going to go into why customers are pissed I think we all know why. The pension not getting paid will be the next thing to add to our woes, after that who knows, H&W? or maybe another wage cut?

OK I just checked my account, a dep. of $625.00 was posted 4/9, I would usually take home $850.00 before the 10%, with the 10% I take home $725.00, I'm $100.00 short I think, I didn't miss any days and got the same amount of hours, in fact I thought I got more hours last week, so I think my check should be a little more than what it is but with no check stub how would I know?

Jeff does not stir or fish

I also received this link in an email from truckingboards and am not affiliated with YRC. I don't know if Jeff is stirring or fishing. I think there are enough matches waiting for their gasoline on these boards already, why add another quart or two to the situation?

However on the subject of the pension, the federal government is considering suspending the rule requiring companies to contribute a specific amount to their pension funds annually toward the outcome of 100% funded. This is to be a one time only opportunity of one year (during these hard times) in which a company would not be penalized. This is defined in the most recent pension reform laws of 3 or 4 years ago.
Jeff does not stir or fish. If you got this and you are not YRC...either check your settings or there was an honest mistake. That said...I am not suprised... I have been saying this for months...YRC's next step is benefits...though I thought it would be health...not pension.

Happy Easter!!! We can worry about this when we know more.

Do you have YRCW stock?

But should I sell my YRC stock? That's all I want to know. Lol.
There is no such thing as YRC stock dumba$$. If you actually own it you would know it is YRCW stock...get back to your original question...Should you sell it...if you got it...you don't deserve it.

Aw heck

Would you rather me to only put you on the "Good News" list and remove you from the "Real World" list?

Would that be fishing then?
Did you notice how when the bad news breaks at the place I work I also post that or any other bad news or do you think I only pick on the Union guys... You know I hate Union guys don't you? I can't stand all them Union Mods I have here either.... I just can't stand them man... You have figured me out, now, the truth is out and Merdock is the one who uncovered my evil plot to hate all Union guys by posting information a Union guy asked me to post.

Truckingboards is an information service and we will release any info about any company that is legal to release. We do not tip toe around certain companies or organizations. We don't believe in sparing feelings... if it's news, it's news... The more people who come to Truckingboards the more money I make to invest back into Truckingboards.

So sue me for trying to pay the bills here.
You have been uncovered!!!

Happy Easter, anyway you evil devil...

Why doesn't Obama, do something about this stuff ???
He swore he'd help the working man, his elephant ears
plastered all over my Union Newsletter for Months~!
I was irritated when I saw ole' elephant ears on my
Monthy Union Newsletter stating we support Obama,
where the hell is he now ? We're still failing, everything
is going to hell for the working man, yet the pencil pusher's
keep gettin' richer...

EVERY GET THE FELLING YOU WERE BAMBOOSLED? :nutkick::eck13:
Fell for the "change" hook line abd sinker:nutkick:

Would you rather me to only put you on the "Good News" list and remove you from the "Real World" list?

Did you notice how when the bad news breaks at the place I work I also post that or any other bad news or do you think I only pick on the Union guys... You know I hate Union guys don't you? I can't stand all them Union Mods I have here either.... I just can't stand them man... You have figured me out, now, the truth is out and Merdock is the one who uncovered my evil plot to hate all Union guys by posting information a Union guy asked me to post.

Truckingboards is an information service and we will release any info about any company that is legal to release. We do not tip toe around certain companies or organizations. We don't believe in sparing feelings... if it's news, it's news... The more people who come to Truckingboards the more money I make to invest back into Truckingboards.

Luv Ya Jeff
ur doing a good job:clap:

Your my hero.... Are you selling any stock?

Nobody criticized anyone, we're just speckilatin.
I just think that too many people are jumping the gun because of this memo. I feel that all the "turn out the lights" & "the fat lady singing" comments are premature. Hell, I don't know what is going to happen next month...........I just don't think that all is lost & I don't even work for a YRCW owned company.

I just think that too many people are jumping the gun because of this memo. I feel that all the "turn out the lights" & "the fat lady singing" comments are premature. Hell, I don't know what is going to happen next month...........I just don't think that all is lost & I don't even work for a YRCW owned company.
YRC is in bad shape as well as other LTL's but YRC is worse because of the huge debt to the bank, having to be current on the pension fund and maybe soon H&W will only hasten the inevitable. Their debt is huge with I believe a $400Mil payment coming in 2010, they got to slide on the 900+Mil last Feb. until 2012 if money was made but I think it's the end of the line for us.

what happened to whatever?...!!??

what happened to that 150 million they just got from estes (or whomever it was that bought the terminals)?
What happened to the (BILLIONS!!!)that UPS put in to 'shore it up'? Central States...you are suspect!!! Central States...You Are Suspect!!!

Jeff, my opinion only...

Jeff, this is just my opine...but it seems some would accuse you, (my brother) of being underhanded in your dealings. Forgive these accusers (as Jesus would) ... not that you are Jesus but...you must know the accusers are ignorant (not of the educated). :clap:

Jeff, this is just my opine...but it seems some would accuse you, (my brother) of being underhanded in your dealings. Forgive these accusers (as Jesus would) ... not that you are Jesus but...you must know the accusers are ignorant (not of the educated). :clap:

Huh? underhanded?