Yellow | yrc csa score hit 75 today

Not my job to find someone to run the co. It would make me happy if they used the 13 million in compensation increases for the top 2 executives to buy badly needed equipment. I think 4 million plus is enough for a CEO of a company losing money.

If they were losing money, we would be shut down...

My response ( that it belongs in the snarky thread) was because I believed you were making a poor attempt at humor. It never occurred to me that you were actually intending to be serious. Apparently others believe as you, and I find that delusional, but that's me.... Obviously, we're on two differing planets.... Seeing that you were actually serious, I apologize. I don't get it at all, but I apologize anyway...
Delusional to think that money needs to be reinvested into an asset based company instead of giving raises and bonuses to the top?

Without money to the top, the top has no reason for a company. If that happens, there are no Teamster jobs. Elwood posted yesterday, the execs and managers could work for Free, it wouldn't make a dent in the finances....

Its all good. You think I'm crazy, I think you are. No biggie... I misunderstood, thought he was making a not funny joke...

I can take it as well as give it, once we understand each other. I just don't get the hate or the haste to delete...
If the company is consistently losing money every quarter for years on end, the top doesnt deserve any money.

If the company is consistently losing money every quarter for years on end, the top doesnt deserve any money.

Their interest expense for 2014 was $150 million. This amount has a lot to do with them showing a loss for the year (and for past few years also). Their numbers have been improving over the past few years. Read through the annual reports and see for your self.

Their interest expense for 2014 was $150 million. This amount has a lot to do with them showing a loss for the year (and for past few years also). Their numbers have been improving over the past few years. Read through the annual reports and see for your self.
yrc operating at over 100 for years on end is the major factor

I have no love lost for them. They cost me my career in freight- BUT-
They saved it from going out of biz. That's jobs for you, jobs for my friends, insurance for families that need it, and keeps people from flooding to the pensions, which would collapse the CSPF. That's got to be worth more than you admit. I understand your hate, got it. But hate gets in the way of logic...

I have no love lost for them. They cost me my career in freight- BUT-
They saved it from going out of biz. That's jobs for you, jobs for my friends, insurance for families that need it, and keeps people from flooding to the pensions, which would collapse the CSPF. That's got to be worth more than you admit. I understand your hate, got it. But hate gets in the way of logic...
They didnt save anything. We did. We took the concessions that they said were necessary to avoid going out of biz. If we vote yes the place stays open if we vote no they close the doors. Thats what we were so adamantly told. So WE saved the company and THEIR jobs.

They didnt save anything. We did. We took the concessions that they said were necessary to avoid going out of biz. If we vote yes the place stays open if we vote no they close the doors. Thats what we were so adamantly told. So WE saved the company and THEIR jobs.
Nice avatar.

all you did was agree to work for less. I know you hate to hear this, but I'm guessing that people in the office begging banks to not demand, begging customers not to leave and begging suppliers to keep parts/ fuel coming is what kept you in biz.

I only know Indy City. We had 400 people combined. Enough work for 150. 140 bid city drivers combined. 38 today. Taking concessions wouldn't have kept the doors open. You had to 'buy' freight to keep the trucks loaded. Like em or not, Welch and Pierson performed miracles keeping your job...

ATM, you are correct that the banks needed to see a reasonable contract or they would've closed. Labor is expensive. But by all normal economics YRCW should've closed a dozen times. Its a miracle and hard work that you still exist.... I still don't believe it..

all you did was agree to work for less. I know you hate to hear this, but I'm guessing that people in the office begging banks to not demand, begging customers not to leave and begging suppliers to keep parts/ fuel coming is what kept you in biz.

I only know Indy City. We had 400 people combined. Enough work for 150. 140 bid city drivers combined. 38 today. Taking concessions wouldn't have kept the doors open. You had to 'buy' freight to keep the trucks loaded. Like em or not, Welch and Pierson performed miracles keeping your job...

:guiness:

To understand the complex set of actions taken to convince investors to accept debt for equity swap and still keep the lights on AND meet payroll, not causing a lapse in health coverage, is juggling chainsaws on a unicycle while blindfolded on a tightrope across Niagara Falls.

To understand the complex set of actions taken to convince investors to accept debt for equity swap and still keep the lights on AND meet payroll, not causing a lapse in health coverage, is juggling chainsaws on a unicycle while blindfolded on a tightrope across Niagara Falls.
And the tightrope on fire..

I understand people's bitterness. But they don't understand how absolutely lucky they've been to survive. Many couldn't get another decent job. I have a perfect record; in 08/09 NO one was hiring. And none would look at a union guy's application. People that complain on here about concessions wouldn't have lasted a month starting over....

BIG R GUY likes that!!!!!

At the time of my layoff, Conway said they needed 25 on that Friday. Saturday they closed five satellite terminals, and laid off their own guys. Dayton Freight had 2 openings, 1100 applied. My perfect record got me nowhere. OD was hiring. I knew the terminal manger and the personell guy, got nowhere. Batesville interviewed me 5 times. 116 applied, I was the only one hired. YRC employees needed a miracle. The complainers have no clue...

At the time of my layoff, Conway said they needed 25 on that Friday. Saturday they closed five satellite terminals, and laid off their own guys. Dayton Freight had 2 openings, 1100 applied. My perfect record got me nowhere. OD was hiring. I knew the terminal manger and the personell guy, got nowhere. Batesville interviewed me 5 times. 116 applied, I was the only one hired. YRC employees needed a miracle. The complainers have no clue...
IMO they actually do. That's why they stay.