Yellow | YRC Freight Letter To Tyson Johnson

Sounds to me like the company is on the hook for broken bid and mileage between terminals plain and simple.
Correct. But I don't know what the penatly would be. 8 hours in bed? All time in bed? Meals? Mileage between where you are and your bed, (Or B) point? It may not be 8 hours. But there is a penelty involved.

Correct. But I don't know what the penatly would be. 8 hours in bed? All time in bed? Meals? Mileage between where you are and your bed, (Or B) point? It may not be 8 hours. But there is a penelty involved.
Depend on your supplement. Mines (Carolina) is all statutory rest and paid bid miles if less. I'm have a grievance going to the panel now where they on paid me 8hrs where it should be 13 for broken bid. They paid correct miles. If your supplement doesnt mention it master freight does and supersedes all supplements. If read contract to the tee you can hang them on it.

BTW, since you're stickler for geographical accuracy, you do realize you are in neither Akron or Cleveland. But Copley and Brecksville, respectively.
:rulz:

Speaking of sticklers...the Cleveland-218 terminal is located at 5250 Brecksville Road, in the city of Richfield, Ohio. The Akron-211 terminal is located at 1275 Oh Avenue, in Copley Township, Ohio. According to google maps the mileage is 13.8 miles via I-77 and OH-21.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/525...b293c5256278c2!2m2!1d-81.6520882!2d41.1026441

9Hts2CU.jpg

:smilies 19296:

Wow, many have missed is the point of the letter. What is say's it that rather than firing, the company has caught some people who have their own interpretation of the contract. I have heard some of the some of the stories of "how we get paid" and thought they were funny.

Wow, many have missed is the point of the letter. What is say's it that rather than firing, the company has caught some people who have their own interpretation of the contract. I have heard some of the some of the stories of "how we get paid" and thought they were funny.
Fire who? Dispatchers, never seen a driver put their own time in the computer!!

While I will be the first to admit there has been abuse by some I'll use whats going on out on the Island. (Long Island N.Y.)
What are the work rules? First it was the Rules in place at the surviving Terminal, Whatever they were, According to the COO. (As agreed by the Company when they merged Yellow & Roadway). Then it's a "Verbal" agreement, (Worthless! And the Local knows that!) Then it "Were gonna follow the rules used by Maybrook". Even though Maybrooks's rules are for a Break/Relay. Not an EOL terminal.
Ok, Just what the hell are the rules?
Before the Company starts coming down on everyone that useless Local over there needs to first set in frekin stone what the rules are! And make sure all those involved are a part of the prosess!
If all else fails follow the NY/NJ supplement rules (Whatever they might be) and the NMFA.
Why in Gods name 707 was allowed this to get as far as it did is unbelievible! If you have rules on second beds why are you allowing the Labor man to do whatever the hell he wants?
Maybe I'm only getting one side of this, (The Drivers to be sure) And I know all hell broke lose (And still is going on) with the Election but why would you not protect your Men?
Some people out in 707 need to get their heads out of their ______ and at least get the rules in writing! It's the very least you can do for your dues paying members! Union Politics be DAMNED!

Fire who? Dispatchers, never seen a driver put their own time in the computer!!
You're missing the point, too. For road men the "honor system" is how nearly ALL of our hourly pay is determined. We are paid by how much time we claim. And mostly that is unverifiable. So if you claim you are unaware of anyone "padding" time, IMHO that's BS. Brother that is the sole reason behind Mitch Lilly's letter.

You guys notice mitch didn't mention uncompensated time a road driver looses running runs under 100 miles in major cities, doing city driver work.

You're missing the point, too. For road men the "honor system" is how nearly ALL of our hourly pay is determined. We are paid by how much time we claim. And mostly that is unverifiable. So if you claim you are unaware of anyone "padding" time, IMHO that's BS. Brother that is the sole reason behind Mitch Lilly's letter.

Sounds like we need to agree on a good hourly rate a do away with the honor system. As many times I hear driver say "don't worry about the time" this little problem should've balance itself out.

You guys notice mitch didn't mention uncompensated time a road driver looses running runs under 100 miles in major cities, doing city driver work.
Wow, you guys run urban traffic for free???? And deliver freight for free, too???? We get mileage pay and hourly for non-driving work in Local 710!

Sounds like we need to agree on a good hourly rate a do away with the honor system. As many times I hear driver say "don't worry about the time" this little problem should've balance itself out.
On my bid Chicago (309) to St. Paul (347), through congested urban traffic with a 16:30 departure. My average pay for the mileage rate is $236.00. Divide that by the 8 hours it takes to drive it. That's $29.50 per hour, you'll never see that as your only compensation. Your mileage pay averages out to much more than the current hourly rate.
By the way bravo on your knowledge of the English language. Too many don't understand that should've is a contraction of should have. And therefore should of is not a substitute. Carry on!

While I will be the first to admit there has been abuse by some I'll use whats going on out on the Island. (Long Island N.Y.)
What are the work rules? First it was the Rules in place at the surviving Terminal, Whatever they were, According to the COO. (As agreed by the Company when they merged Yellow & Roadway). Then it's a "Verbal" agreement, (Worthless! And the Local knows that!) Then it "Were gonna follow the rules used by Maybrook". Even though Maybrooks's rules are for a Break/Relay. Not an EOL terminal.
Ok, Just what the hell are the rules?
Before the Company starts coming down on everyone that useless Local over there needs to first set in frekin stone what the rules are! And make sure all those involved are a part of the prosess!
If all else fails follow the NY/NJ supplement rules (Whatever they might be) and the NMFA.
Why in Gods name 707 was allowed this to get as far as it did is unbelievible! If you have rules on second beds why are you allowing the Labor man to do whatever the hell he wants?
Maybe I'm only getting one side of this, (The Drivers to be sure) And I know all hell broke lose (And still is going on) with the Election but why would you not protect your Men?
Some people out in 707 need to get their heads out of their ______ and at least get the rules in writing! It's the very least you can do for your dues paying members! Union Politics be DAMNED!
LH. Have you run into these issues on your bid run? The ones Lilly is saying are basically stealing time. Like ending your trip somewhere other than your your dispatch destination? Do you get paid hourly for sitting in heavy traffic? Just asking. Thx.

Why are the TM's approving layover pay without consulting the Regional Labor Man?

Think I am beginning to see why YRC has turned into a rat hole that money endless pours into.

We won 100 mile radius hourly pay at Chicago JAC back in 1986. If you are not pushing your local to be paid this way there is only one person to blame.

We won 100 mile radius hourly pay at Chicago JAC back in 1986. If you are not pushing your local to be paid this way there is only one person to blame.

Would greatly like to have any language, articles, or interpretation on this if you or anybody else have it.