Yellow | Yrc Freight to drop the R Yellow Freight

Facts be told Rex had more cash assets on hand then debt at the time, so while yes it had the 250m left in bond payments for the NP purchase there was more operating capital to cover.

Hate to disagree with you but at the end of 2002, Roadway had $274 million of long term debt on the books and $107 million cash and cash equivalents. You can check out the 10-K filing yourself if you doubt what I'm saying.

PS - As an FYI, as of the end of 2002, Yellow had $50 million of long term debt and $28 million cash and cash equivalents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Close enough for me, there were some payments made in the last 2 quarters the data I have is from the end of the 2nd quarter.
The fact that there was a working plan in place to be debit free is all can refer to, once that was paid off in 05 there were plans for major trailer replacements the the first of the refurb pups done in 92 would have been hitting 13 years old so more debt would have been taken for that. It's a never ending process................

Close enough for me, there were some payments made in the last 2 quarters the data I have is from the end of the 2nd quarter.
The fact that there was a working plan in place to be debit free is all can refer to, once that was paid off in 05 there were plans for major trailer replacements the the first of the refurb pups done in 92 would have been hitting 13 years old so more debt would have been taken for that. It's a never ending process................

You know what they say - "The road to he** is paved with good intentions". :smile:

There could have been a whole bunch of better outcomes for all of us if only..... (fill in the blank).

On the other hand, every day we wake up on this side of the grass is a good day!

Id say having a little debt with the finances to pay it off in a couple years is still a world away from having debt borrowing more $ and only plan is to not pay the bill .

You know what they say - "The road to he** is paved with good intentions". :smile:

There could have been a whole bunch of better outcomes for all of us if only..... (fill in the blank).

On the other hand, every day we wake up on this side of the grass is a good day!
If I didn't wake up I wouldn't know the difference.

Zombie and a drone according to a poorly respected local aficionado.

I had a conversation today with someone in the know here in KC. He was told, that shortly after Welch became CEO, he was discussing his plan to logo all of the equipment with the new YRC logo with the board of directors. They were opposed to his plan, as they didn't want to spend the money. They wanted to change the name back to Roadway, because over half of the equipment already said Roadway on it. My friend was told Welch fought the board, claiming half of the employees would revolt. And if they chose Yellow, the other half would revolt.

I had a conversation today with someone in the know here in KC. He was told, that shortly after Welch became CEO, he was discussing his plan to logo all of the equipment with the new YRC logo with the board of directors. They were opposed to his plan, as they didn't want to spend the money. They wanted to change the name back to Roadway, because over half of the equipment already said Roadway on it. My friend was told Welch fought the board, claiming half of the employees would revolt. And if they chose Yellow, the other half would revolt.

Boy oh boy! Got a chuckle out of that. Gospel truth though!

I always thought Yellway would have been a nice compromise. Or even Roadow as a second choice. :smile:

The whole thing is revolting.Neither former Roadway nor former Yellow employees.Really gel with this company.With all the coo it has made a whole lot of people bitter.I understand all the accounting things.But we all see that this thing is a job cutter.Spending money for changes like this company is really burning up the market.We don't see any of our pay cuts or pension payments increasing.Thats even after the company has shown some profitable quarters.

And yellow never had to use substandard equipment & software, I've worked for the big 3 , yellow, roadway & cf . Roadway was the worst of the 3, but everyone has their own viewpoints & the company u was last at is who you'll argue for & those who have been with the others can verify the difference, regardless we need to let this die & go on.

Agreed zollars was an idiot, his idea on purchasing companies, selling off the newer equipment after the merger & driving the company into the ground.most of y property was owned, zollars idea to sell off property & lease it, not good business sense, too late now he did it & left, now he has his hands in united way , god help them, better them than us, we've seen what he's done here.

They were talking #1 in size, not profits etc , go back to the Forbes listing during the period froot to purchase & see who is #1 for 7 years straight.

and about debt, R had none and owned everything outright. Y was ready to croak, and went into debt to buy everybody, good idea!
rickroadway, now get it right before the Heritage Y gets get all over you for bad info,, R was upside down to the tune of 140 mil for the purchase of New Penn,, now we know New Penn was profitable and the R guys know the debt was being paid down in a timely fashion,, but according to some Y guys the New Penn debt was huge.. Go figure,, same guys who cant figure out why 1.3 billion has gone up to 1.4 billion..

rickroadway, now get it right before the Heritage Y gets get all over you for bad info,, R was upside down to the tune of 140 mil for the purchase of New Penn,, now we know New Penn was profitable and the R guys know the debt was being paid down in a timely fashion,, but according to some Y guys the New Penn debt was huge.. Go figure,, same guys who cant figure out why 1.3 billion has gone up to 1.4 billion..

That's right, don't let facts obtained from the Roadway SEC filings get in the way of the fairy tales you heard in the men's room. :hysterical:

That's right, don't let facts obtained from the Roadway SEC filings get in the way of the fairy tales you heard in the men's room. :hysterical:

There ya go again ridiculing us Big R guys for embellishing in the men's room!:LMAO: