Yellow | Yrc needs to fix the a/c on these linehaul tractors (red tag)

snake eyes

TB Veteran
Credits
Yrc needs to fix the a/c on these linehaul tractors or deadline them. To much at risk with the weather in the high 90's and 100 degree range. Fatigue sets in quick. ( saftey ) hahahaha move that freight.

Yrc needs to fix the a/c on these linehaul tractors or deadline them. To much at risk with the weather in the high 90's and 100 degree range. Fatigue sets in quick. ( saftey ) hahahaha move that freight.

To many shop "supervisors" fix these tractors with bic pens & not mechanics with tools. I have yet to find anything on our trucks & trailers that is safety related. I have a stack of m11, od199, saf199 reports in my filing cabinet at home showing "not safety related" issues.

To many shop "supervisors" fix these tractors with bic pens & not mechanics with tools. I have yet to find anything on our trucks & trailers that is safety related. I have a stack of m11, od199, saf199 reports in my filing cabinet at home showing "not safety related" issues.
That whole company is not safety related.

I don't object so much to the policy of only certain shops repairing A/C. What makes no sense is the refusal of garage managers to switch out units with A/C that will not cool when there are other tractors available.

The AC is working good in KC. Lots of people wearing sweaters. Obviously to them this is not an issue.

Tractors have A/C now?? No more driving Louisville Ford road tractors with no A/C in 90/100 degree days with the doghouse not fitting properly to the floor and the engine heat and fumes blowing on your feet?? Wow, you guys have it made these days!! I'll bet you don't even have to reach across the seat to adjust the passenger side mirror any more! :hysterical:

I don't object so much to the policy of only certain shops repairing A/C. What makes no sense is the refusal of garage managers to switch out units with A/C that will not cool when there are other tractors available.

This is a problem these companies have had since they first put A/C in their tractors. The company does not consider this a safety issue so many supervisors won`t repair or even switch out tractors with bad A/C. One accident caused by fatigue from this 90 plus degree heat will cost more than it would cost to fix hundreds of A/C units,but these garage managers only look at their numbers,not the good of the entire company. The health of the drivers is not even an issue with garage managers today. It is a numbers game and it has been for many years for all of YRC management.

This is a problem these companies have had since they first put A/C in their tractors. The company does not consider this a safety issue so many supervisors won`t repair or even switch out tractors with bad A/C. One accident caused by fatigue from this 90 plus degree heat will cost more than it would cost to fix hundreds of A/C units,but these garage managers only look at their numbers,not the good of the entire company. The health of the drivers is not even an issue with garage managers today. It is a numbers game and it has been for many years for all of YRC management.

Refuse to drive the tractor if A/C don't work @ the start of your trip, if the A/C breaks in route, we have to write them up on post trip reports. I have refused to drive them in numerous cases, it is contractual that these are fixed & operational. If dispatch gets upset about it & says your refusing load, tell them you are not refusing load, just "unsafe equipment". If they still force you out with it & you don't want the hassle with dispatch. Note you were forced to take unsafe equipment & go to bed en route fatigued or heat exhaustion. I know of drivers who went to the next rest stop & called 911 & had an ambulance take them to the hospital for this reason. We need to STOP driving unsafe equipment, we are red marked at D.O.T. scales & they will be looking for our equipment, Pa. state police said they have been finding to much wrong with our equipment & they will be checking us out a lot. It's your license at stake & your gonna need it when this mismanaged company goes under.

Your contract deals with AC make them follow it. No AC NO Roll.
With a CSA score of 75.3 Yes you are under the microscope and ripe for a roadside inspection. When you get nailed because you did not do a proper pre trip and have that one little light fixed, you will also get csa points against your driving record.
zipperbs has the right idea here .............................

Let me know when the DOT inspector checks the A/C........................

If they see the driver sweating excessively or pale in complexion, they could deem him OOS for ill/fatigued driving. While not checking the A/C, per se, it could have a major effect on the driver AND the company.

If they see the driver sweating excessively or pale in complexion, they could deem him OOS for ill/fatigued driving. While not checking the A/C, per se, it could have a major effect on the driver AND the company.

With all due respect, give me a break. How many decades did drivers drive OTR and P/D without A/C in all kinds of heat. Let's not get ridiculous with this. An occasional run without A/C isn't going to destroy anybody. Spare me the drama.

I've seen many a driver , pale and excessively sweating, but that was just on the short stroll from the drop pad to the dispatch office.........not exactly world class athletes , in my humble opinion.

With all due respect, give me a break. How many decades did drivers drive OTR and P/D without A/C in all kinds of heat. Let's not get ridiculous with this. An occasional run without A/C isn't going to destroy anybody. Spare me the drama.

They also hard rubber tires in your day...Benchseats and Kerosene Headlights. :hysterical: I don't wanna go back,,,,,do you?

They also hard rubber tires in your day...Benchseats and Kerosene Headlights. :hysterical: I don't wanna go back,,,,,do you?

What got to me the most were the chain drive Macks back then. In summer heat, the grease on the chain got soft and threw off at high speed. Then you had to stop and get the bucket of grease from under the seat and slap it all over the chain to lubricate it again. That's usually the time somebody would call you on the CB and you had to drop the grease, wipe off your hands and run into the cab to key the mike and answer whoever called you. It was a real pain back then!! :hide:

I remember those days, I needed 3 hours of nap time to complete a 10 hour run. Problem is, that's not allowed today, these guys are under the gun to get there.

Triplex said:

That was then, this is now. With tighter regulations, equipment is designed to allow drivers the"luxury" to drive 11 hours with minimal fatigue. How many drivers would perfer an old truck from back in the day, over a modern day truck??