Yellow | Yrc needs to fix the a/c on these linehaul tractors (red tag)

With all due respect, give me a break. How many decades did drivers drive OTR and P/D without A/C in all kinds of heat. Let's not get ridiculous with this. An occasional run without A/C isn't going to destroy anybody. Spare me the drama.
39 years P&D no a/c and I'm still cooking. When I was too hot, stopped at customer who had a/c to cool off. I agree road tractors should be operational or park them.

That was then, this is now. With tighter regulations, equipment is designed to allow drivers the"luxury" to drive 11 hours with minimal fatigue. How many drivers would perfer an old truck from back in the day, over a modern day truck??
I want my Roadway Ford cabover back!!:TR10driving03::452::6792:

A/C??? We don't need no stinkin' A/C. We've got our own ways of cooling off in the heat!!

TT_in_lake.jpg

Where can I start a thread to convince the company to equip the Yard horses with A/C? Anyone? Why should the company discriminate against yard guys that have to straddle a 250 degree transmission for 8 or 10 hrs? WHERE IS MY RELIEF??????
How do you spell RELIEF? B. I. D. :hide:

Didn't they also have the little wig-wag signals up by the sun visor for low air pressure warnings?

Yes Mud we had those little wig-wag signals. They kind of reminded me about the duck that use to drop down on theGroucho Marx show when you said the secreat word!!
I never saw those in a tractor. They kind of remind me of the morning after drinking orange flavored Mad Dog.

Yes Mud we had those little wig-wag signals. They kind of reminded me about the duck that use to drop down on theGroucho Marx show when you said the secreat word!!
I never saw those in a tractor. They kind of remind me of the morning after drinking orange flavored Mad Dog.

Mud, is this the wig-wag you saw after the orange flavored Mad Dog???

wigwagpicture.jpg

I could never find the A/C switch on these either...

RdwyJitterbug.jpg

Ah, memories. 32 stops loaded on that jitter bug. 1st stop, 5 cartons on the tail 10 in the nose. Mr. Dispatchman asking "what's taking you so long?" I miss the mental warfare!!:LMAO: :fingure: