Yellow | Yrc needs to fix the a/c on these linehaul tractors (red tag)

Ah, memories. 32 stops loaded on that jitter bug. 1st stop, 5 cartons on the tail 10 in the nose. Mr. Dispatchman asking "what's taking you so long?" I miss the mental warfare!!:LMAO: :fingure:

Great picture, Triplex, those were the days!!

Great picture, Triplex, those were the days!!

Thanks Roady. These were great times too - no A/C, but another great job while it lasted.

Mais_flat.jpg

And here I always though this was your tractor.
img468_sml.jpg

That one was too new for me. I was too old school for that more modern, advanced technology equipment!

This is the one me, Mud, and Wolf took turns driving back in the day.

1936b.jpg

Roady you didnt cabover going down the road did you?

badboybill, no I never cabovered going down the road but I sure did bang my head a few times in those Fords. No air and no shocks either. But I did love my little fan on the dash!!:fan::1036316054: :LMAO:

How would ya pretrip this Triplex?
images
I know the Air Conditioning only worked if ya had a tailwind tho. :horse****:

How would ya pretrip this Triplex?
images
I know the Air Conditioning only worked if ya had a tailwind tho. :horse****:

10-4 on the tailwind Wolf. I'll tell ya though, whenever I get dispatched with one of those units I bring it right to the shop and have the mechanics check it out. They're way more savvy about that equipment than I am. Most mechanics I knew told me they were always dealing with a bunch of horse's a**es!! :poster_oops:

Driver: My tractor needs a new fuel filter.
Shop Supervisor: How do you know? Are you a mechanic?
Driver: No. I'm not a farmer either, but I know a horses @$$ when I'm speaking to one!

badboybill, no I never cabovered going down the road but I sure did bang my head a few times in those Fords. No air and no shocks either. But I did love my little fan on the dash!!:fan::1036316054: :LMAO:

Whoa you had a fan on the dash?
I got my fingers slapped for putting some of them in(matter of fact I still have some left in a box somewhere).
Worst part of the C models is they rode worse with new shocks then with the old worn out ones or non at all............................

Driver: My tractor needs a new fuel filter.
Shop Supervisor: How do you know? Are you a mechanic?
Driver: No. I'm not a farmer either, but I know a horses @$$ when I'm speaking to one!

I got a couple comments on that one goes to both sides:guiness:
  • 1 driver comes in the yard screaming about the fuel filter
    first of all don't scream at me I didn't buy it, spec it nor have I probably worked on it before
    you get to the truck the brakes on the lead, dolly, tail are all smoking....
    replace the red air line and off he goes with all the brakes now released a happy camper
  • 2 write up says fuel filter bad
    you bring the truck in and the primary is dated yesterday, check the maintenance history the unit has had 3 filters put on it in the last week,
    look under the truck and notice the secondary filter is dirty, has paint flaking off it and rust spots
    change the secondary mumble under your breath about the last 3 morons who didn't bother to check.
  • 3 write up says no power this piece of s#$3 shouldn't be on the road not safe blah blah blah needs fuel filter(don't really care just
    describe the problems) .
    drive truck into shop notice speedometer inop, filters all changed within the last week, repair speed sensor truck runs good.

I got a couple comments on that one goes to both sides:guiness:
  • 1 driver comes in the yard screaming about the fuel filter
    first of all don't scream at me I didn't buy it, spec it nor have I probably worked on it before
    you get to the truck the brakes on the lead, dolly, tail are all smoking....
    replace the red air line and off he goes with all the brakes now released a happy camper
  • 2 write up says fuel filter bad
    you bring the truck in and the primary is dated yesterday, check the maintenance history the unit has had 3 filters put on it in the last week,
    look under the truck and notice the secondary filter is dirty, has paint flaking off it and rust spots
    change the secondary mumble under your breath about the last 3 morons who didn't bother to check.
  • 3 write up says no power this piece of s#$3 shouldn't be on the road not safe blah blah blah needs fuel filter(don't really care just
    describe the problems) .
    drive truck into shop notice speedometer inop, filters all changed within the last week, repair speed sensor truck runs good.

I'm not a mechanic but have noticed through the years that fuel filters tend to clog up in the change of seasons. If they are full to the 3/4 level you tend to loose power on hard pulls. There are alot of tractors that won't pull with even a light load, when you take it to the shop they change the filter. I think that is where alot of guys get the idea that no power equates to full filter. You will see alot of times that the o d 99 will say no power and nothing has been done. If maintenance could give us a guide to checking for certian problems and possible diagnosing ie. sucking sound when pulling a grade, we could give you better clues to what might be wrong.

One of my favorite write ups from years ago was ," Front end starts to shake at 80 mph needs check out " . Mechanic wrote on back " truck speed set at 62 mph how did you get it up to 80 mph " . :biglaugh:

One of my favorite write ups from years ago was ," Front end starts to shake at 80 mph needs check out " . Mechanic wrote on back " truck speed set at 62 mph how did you get it up to 80 mph " . :biglaugh:

Had one a few years ago leaving Raphine, went flying down the road even though the speedo was only showing a little over 50. Something didn't feel right since the tach was reading higher than normal in top gear. When I went breezing by a bunch of chain-drive-wallet types and saw the shocked look on their faces when being passed by Yellow I knew I had a keeper. Turns out the speed sensor was either bad or out of calibration and therefore the computer didn't know the actual speed and kept allowing higher revs and therefore higher speed. Hated losing that tractor! That one definitely had to be running close to 80 (and not just downhill like they all do). :smile:

Whoa you had a fan on the dash?
I got my fingers slapped for putting some of them in(matter of fact I still have some left in a box somewhere).
Worst part of the C models is they rode worse with new shocks then with the old worn out ones or non at all............................
Mine was one of those high priced models, it came equiped with a fan!!:fan: :1036316054: