Yellow | YRCF Ship of Fools

Had a road driver come in with inbound Thursday morning. Manager made him switch to one of our city tandems to pull a heavy van instead of empties. Driver was pissed and hooked his airlines backwards claiming the trailer had an airleak. Glad I checked before the vendor showed up. Driver actually said if he had been 15 minutes earlier he could have just been gone with those empties. As long as the drivers get paid since when is moving freight important?

Oh no sir. I will continue to be a disgruntled whining road driver.[/QUOT , disgruntled whining road driver ,!!! True Dat !! it's really kinda funny that every night you guys come into work pissed off & whining , worse than a bunch of old ladies sitting around the round table pissed off & angry & bitching about everything , and never ever yet seen a HAPPY road driver ???? so still think , Owner Operator is the way to go for you guys ??? :6799:
http://www.crst.com/access/owner-operator/ and CRST will put you & your truck on now !!!!

It is much easier to unload a properly loaded trailer than one which is not.

I would much rather spend my time stacking dunnage and bars than recouping other people's incompetence.

I would love to see trailers arrive with mugshots stating "loaded with pride by (such and such) from terminal xxx.

I would do everything in my power to return the favor!

The brothers with whom I am priveleged to work, load nothing but the best!

Sad part is, they will be retiring soon and the motivation to work with such pride will be retiring with them.
That's exactly what I think when I am loading. And thought the same thing about slapping a signature on the rear of the load as in "loaded by your brother in arms R. K."
I came back from surgery after two and a half months off and before we had stackers and strippers. When I came back lay offs happened so we had to load as we go and decided if I have to load my own freight well that's my freight and my responsibility. I deck the ::shit:: out them... Dunnage and bag the ::shit:: out if em. So if you get a direct load from 525 that looks like ::shit:: it's not mine! Lol.
Group hug!
:grouphug:

Load it like it going to your house. I like that. Load it like you have to unload it. Like that too. No supervisor I have ever worked for ever complained out a trailer that was loaded labels up flaps out decked up and bagged in. If we cut our claims in half everyone would be collecting profit sharing. Might even have to bring some folks back if our customers decided to use us more than once.

That's the point. Do your job right. Make fun of the videos and management all you want, they are around to facilitate but instead they have to babysit. Been loading trailers since most of them were in junior high. What we unload in the morning looks like kindergarten kids loaded it. If you aren't going to do it right for management do it right for you brother on the other end. We have to face customers with this stuff.
RexRyan what management butt are you trying to kiss? The guys at our terminal have up to almost 40 years of seniority and no one has less than 20. These guy don't need to sit through videos where the company won't even provide the materials used in the video for us. No one does better with less then the Teamsters that work for YRC. Everything we have at our terminal is crap, yet the guys here still bust their rear to do as good as job possible, you can only do so much with what's given you. I bet I've been working for this company longer then you. I remember when this company provide stacks of full sheets of plywood plus precut sheets to put on top of skids, now they give dirty , nasty cardboard that looks like it came from the bottom of someone's chicken pen. I've had good supervisors in the past but what we have now is a joke. The guys at our terminal have enough experience that a supervisor just gets in way, anyway. I don't think you've ever loaded a trailer in your life, you have no respect for what these guys have to put up with everyday. Your no brother to this terminal.

Former Roadway with 31 years. Loaded a trailer or two in my day. Remember the days of plywood and dunnage and no deck trailers. What I don't remember is the loads looking like this. We can and should do better. Your comments lead me to believe you have never delivered a piece of freight in your life. Shouldn't need a supervisor to do our jobs at this point.

Former Roadway with 31 years. Loaded a trailer or two in my day. Remember the days of plywood and dunnage and no deck trailers. What I don't remember is the loads looking like this. We can and should do better. Your comments lead me to believe you have never delivered a piece of freight in your life. Shouldn't need a supervisor to do our jobs at this point.
I'm closing in on 40 years with Yellow and YRC most of it has been on the dock, but I've driven enough to receive my Million Mile Safe Driver Award. The dock conditions have become deplorable for most dock workers, you show no class in ripping the Teamsters that go out and try their best to do a quality job with the junk given them.

RexRyan what management butt are you trying to kiss? The guys at our terminal have up to almost 40 years of seniority and no one has less than 20. These guy don't need to sit through videos where the company won't even provide the materials used in the video for us. No one does better with less then the Teamsters that work for YRC. Everything we have at our terminal is crap, yet the guys here still bust their rear to do as good as job possible, you can only do so much with what's given you. I bet I've been working for this company longer then you. I remember when this company provide stacks of full sheets of plywood plus precut sheets to put on top of skids, now they give dirty , nasty cardboard that looks like it came from the bottom of someone's chicken pen. I've had good supervisors in the past but what we have now is a joke. The guys at our terminal have enough experience that a supervisor just gets in way, anyway. I don't think you've ever loaded a trailer in your life, you have no respect for what these guys have to put up with everyday. Your no brother to this terminal.
Good post.
Yes... I remember the days without decks and that's what made me... Personally pretty good at loading. Not bragging either. Just experience. When they came in with the decks... No Brainerd and so simple to do.
I thought to myself why did they wait so long!?
I call them idiot proof trailers.... No way should anything be damaged on one. Period.
I have almost 30 years mostly on the dock.
Sad thing is you still see some loading a deck without the bars... C'mon... It's so simple. It really is. Like doing a puzzle. One square at a time. And in the end they all fit together. Just takes a little effort and time. Ya gotta be there eight hours anyways. Why not make yourself.... Nevermind... You all know what I mean. ::shit::... I could go on forever. But it's all been said before.
And yes if we reduce claims we could possibly get something out of it.
How much a year in claims? 40 million? Cut that in half. Lower our operating ratio.... And money in OUR pocket. That's what we all want. More money.
Rambling... Gotta stop... No.. I'm not working and wasting my time on the board!

I can tell you from experience that working overnights and getting most of our loads from 123 that they look like they were loaded by some sort of machine that would load hay into a silo. Skids should be straight and freight should be square so you can get to them with the lift and move them. Instead you spend hours a night picking stuff up off the floor because the load was crammed into the trailer with no care. We also see totes loaded on load bars, drums stacked on top of each other, long pipes loaded into the ceiling instead of on the floor etc. No one cares it seems. This goes back to the idea that your paying someone $11.90 hr to load and unload when a full time cdl a dock combo guy is making anywhere from just under 18 to 21 and change an hour. These pt's will never face a customer and are only here a short period of time. It also falls on the shoulders of management because they dont check the way these trailers are being loaded and unloaded. Hell we cant even sweep out city trailers at night.

My personal favorite is the load stacked high and tight to the half and then cut and run without dropping anything down. Are supervisors just pulling doors down at cut time? I can't see a senior dock man wasting his time pushing a load up to close it with 14 feet left over so the freight can just all come crashing down. How are you guys at the DCS running your district cuts for linehaul?

Our loads that come in full tend to be the best, it is the partials that are hardest to deal with.

Snide and snarky!

Request that this inappropriate remark be moved to the appropriate forum.
Absolutely incorrect he stated that he received a statement that his pension was going to be cut and with the amount that he indicated would be cut he will need to do something to fill the void.
Or Triplex
And if anything is snide and snarky this is it and it should be removed.