Yellow | YRCW 1st Q Earnings Release May 4th

This :::shit::: is getting old they can't make money because they are stupid!! We pay a casual $11.90 an hour and can't find anyone to work! Then we have regulars working all the time and a half and double time you can handle!!!!! Then stand around and act amazed we can't make a profit!!! If this :::shit::: wasn't so dumb I might laugh!!!! This idiots can't even get a trailer from a terminal thirty miles away with the bills and freight together!!! Hell it takes a day or two for dock to dock trailer to get across the damn yard!!!! They have trailers sit on the yard for weeks and do a yard check daily!!!
In a nut shell.
Makes ya angry. But that gets us no where.
To see the stupidity pile up day after day. And never change.
Retirement or closure seems to can't come soon enough.

Maybe there need to be some kind of revolt againt the CEO and the Board of Directors that seem incapable of choosing competent CEO's that know anything about running a business. The only seem interested in filling their own pockets. When they decide they have stolen enough, then they go out the door and some other incometent takes their place and the whole thing repeats itself. Look for yourself at the Yahoo Finance site.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/YRCW?p=YRCW
No some of the top executives need to be fired.We are not being guided in a positive direction.You're Fired!!!I'm tired of excuses.There is no excuse for how badly these YRCW companies are underperforming.Little to no pension liabilities labor costs have been slashed for some time now and other benefits cut.We have given almost everything but the kitchen sink to help this corporation thrive.No excuses for doing this badly.

James Welch needs to be fired, he has had long enough to get this company running properly. Nobody believes in upper management anymore. YRC will close if something doesn't change.

No some of the top executives need to be fired.We are not being guided in a positive direction.You're Fired!!!I'm tired of excuses.There is no excuse for how badly these YRCW companies are underperforming.Little to no pension liabilities labor costs have been slashed for some time now and other benefits cut.We have given almost everything but the kitchen sink to help this corporation thrive.No excuses for doing this badly.
I totally agree, but who fires them? The Board of Directors is just as incompetent and probably "in bed" with the idiots they hired.

James Welch needs to be fired, he has had long enough to get this company running properly. Nobody believes in upper management anymore. YRC will close if something doesn't change.
Do you really think Welsh cares if he gets fired? More than likely he has a very large "golden parachute" written into his contract along with a very nice bonus for leaving. All these big shots do that to cover their azz. They NEVER lose money by leaving a company no matter how useless they were.

Do you really think Welsh cares if he gets fired? More than likely he has a very large "golden parachute" written into his contract along with a very nice bonus for leaving. All these big shots do that to cover their azz. They NEVER lose money by leaving a company no matter how useless they were.
Oh I know he has become a multi millionaire, it amazes me that there are Teamsters on here that think he has done a good job! The board will never fire him, the IBT can demand that he gets fired but they are in bed with him, guess will just let him run the company until it folds.

YRC reminds me more of the Exxon Valdez than it does the Titanic.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh I know he has become a multi millionaire, it amazes me that there are Teamsters on here that think he has done a good job! The board will never fire him, the IBT can demand that he gets fired but they are in bed with him, guess will just let him run the company until it folds.

Just my perspective on Welch, remember he left yrc as president after 20 + years with company because he didn't agree with Zollars acquisition of the regionals.
After 3 years and a couple billion of losses he was asked to come out of retirement and steer the ship.Imo he and Pierson saved us from bankruptcy.

In addition if the lenders and investors could find someone that could do a better job and make them richer they would.
Competition with non Union lines is fierce and it probably isn't very easy to run a dinosaur union line with antiquated work rules and heavy debt load.

Just my perspective on Welch, remember he left yrc as president after 20 + years with company because he didn't agree with Zollars acquisition of the regionals.
After 3 years and a couple billion of losses he was asked to come out of retirement and steer the ship.Imo he and Pierson saved us from bankruptcy.

In addition if the lenders and investors could find someone that could do a better job and make them richer they would.
Competition with non Union lines is fierce and it probably isn't very easy to run a dinosaur union line with antiquated work rules and heavy debt load.
Not to correct you F, but Welch actually left yellow on his own I think a few years before they bought rdwy because he did not like the direction zollars was taking them. Welch was working for a company in Texas when the yrc board asked him to come back.

Yeah that makes sense. Close what is profitable.

Do you remember when according to the company Viking was making all the money and Roadway was a loser?
Do you remember what happened when they split Roadway off and Viking no longer had Roadways money to use and no longer had Roadway sales reps diverting prime freight to Viking?

"The expectation among trucking analysts seemed to be that Caliber would prosper, and Roadway Express might well go under. Its unionized workforce was seen as a huge disadvantage, and Caliber's newer companies were expected to prevail. Instead the opposite happened. A year after the spin-off, Roadway announced profits of $21.8 million."

Not to correct you F, but Welch actually left yellow on his own I think a few years before they bought rdwy because he did not like the direction zollars was taking them. Welch was working for a company in Texas when the yrc board asked him to come back.

Thank you for correcting me, he was only retired for a short period of time and went back to work.The regionals however were purchased.

When he left in 2007, YRC termed the move a retirement, as the management of Yellow and Roadway Express was being consolidated into YRC National.

He acknowledges the departure wasn’t smooth.

“I left four years ago because I wasn’t in agreement with the direction the company was headed,” Welch said, citing YRC’s ambitious acquisition path in 2005-2006, which included the $1.5 billion purchase of US Freightways, a regional trucker and logistics operator.

“We were at the height of the freight cycle, and the economy was starting to wane and valuations [of acquisitions] were too high,” he said.

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/printopt.aspx?storyid=27264

welch is trying to do the same thing that happened at cf and conway....give the regionals all the best freight,then when that is done, spin off the national company and let it die....its the same game plan!!!....regional freight at yrcw is a myth!

welch is trying to do the same thing that happened at cf and conway....give the regionals all the best freight,then when that is done, spin off the national company and let it die....its the same game plan!!!....regional freight at yrcw is a myth!

Can't spin off a billion in pension liabilities.I would venture to say that Holland alone has over $400 million in pension liabilities .
Only way to get rid of the liabilities is bankruptcy or a miracle government bail out.

Can't spin off a billion in pension liabilities.I would venture to say that Holland alone has over $400 million in pension liabilities .
Only way to get rid of the liabilities is bankruptcy or a miracle government bail out.

If they keep yrcw as the parent company, and just drop yrcf and expand the regionals, since they are still paying into the pension funds, do they still have those liabilities?