Yellow | YRCW truck leasing info

YRCW did have a leasing company.I recall seeing a Volvo tractor and flatbed Trailer with a steel company logo on the tractor and lo and behold YRC leasing stickers on both tractor and flatbed.This was right around the time we were being solicited for concessions.I saw this rig on irving Blvd near the old 509irving terminal.
YRC has thinned their profile a bit since then. YRC Logistics was sold, for example.

YRC has thinned their profile a bit since then. YRC Logistics was sold, for example.

ddXVOxY.jpg

There is the secret leasing company... right at the top.. they are hiding it in Canada!!!

ddXVOxY.jpg

There is the secret leasing company... right at the top.. they are hiding it in Canada!!!
I did a little sleuthing on that numbered corporation. It was dissolved in 2004 and revived in 2009 for "access to properties belonging to the business". The man who was president of the company at the time of dissolution requested it be revived. This man, as it happens, was also the president of Yellow Freight System of British Columbia at the time.

I believe that 1105481 Ontario Inc. was associated with Yellow Freight System of Ontario. Yellow more or less walked away from Ontario before the merger, though they maintained ownership of two terminals (Mississauga and Whitby) and continued some minor city peddling in Mississauga via a handful of old Volvo ex-linehaul units and some ancient Mercedes box trucks. The whole thing was run out of Buffalo, though, if I'm not mistaken.

Odds are the company was revived to access the terminals and merge them with Reimer. The company itself is considered defunct by the government.

The Wabash units, I believe, were bought by Roadway pre-merger. I haven't seen one newer than 2007 myself. I'm also reasonably sure that there's a sprinkling of Great Dane and Stoughton units in there too. Those trailers all have tighter post spacing than the newer lease trailers.
That is not entirely accurate. There have been more than 1000 pups purchased last year alone. Since January over 100 trailers have been scrapped here in Kansas City.

I will agreed that there haven't been any long boxes since 2007 except for a few 40 foot liftgates that were purchased just last year.

I will agreed that there haven't been any long boxes since 2007 except for a few 40 foot liftgates that were purchased just last year.
Rebuilds of old units, maybe? I recall reading somewhere that Roadway used to have Wabash rebox their old trailers. Maybe they're still doing that. It'd be a lot cheaper to refurbish an old unit than buy one all new.

All of the 27 series and many of the 28 series Roadway pups are remanufactured. They came online around 1998. The VIN numbers indicate however the kingpin plate, axles and trailer doors were reused from the 1980s. Many are still in service. Yellow tried a few of these which includes the five digit 3 series. Not too many of those are left.

Have looked a quite a few registrations on trailers. The Stroutons trailers are the only leased trailers I've found and they show Strouton Leasing as the owners. All of the newer Walbash trailers show YRC Inc as the owner.

There are a group of earlier 'new' units, late 131 & early 132, with wide deck set up, that are owned. Followed by series 132 that has a tracker mounted on the front. Those units are leased. 133-135 are owned. Wrench, what say you?

Another reason they do not want yrc equipment back when lease is up, is they have to fix all the torn up stuff, like try and remove the religious messages written in permanent marker on headliners,and sun visors, replace all the side fairings, replace the bumpers, fix the cracked fender of the hood, replace the mudflaps, paint the wheels, fix all the broken buttons and switches on the dash,probably replace the lights in the bottom of the doors, and steam clean the floorboards to get all the old food residue smell out...did I miss anything???

There are a group of earlier 'new' units, late 131 & early 132, with wide deck set up, that are owned. Followed by series 132 that has a tracker mounted on the front. Those units are leased. 133-135 are owned. Wrench, what say you?

I think they are all leased the ones with GPS are from a different leasing company.

They also leased some Hyundai long boxes that were leased from a Delaware bank/company.Sun Coast or Sun Trust bank.Probably where the company keeps their tax sheltered money.Delaware.

I just did some research, and found not only some very suspicious shell leasing company in Delaware, but YRC looks to have filed legal documents with the federal government to lease the whole state of Delaware!!!! And wants to name it Jaimieland!!!

I just did some research, and found not only some very suspicious shell leasing company in Delaware, but YRC looks to have filed legal documents with the federal government to lease the whole state of Delaware!!!! And wants to name it Jaimieland!!!
Delaware and New Hampshire and Nevada.are the states with corporate tax shelters.Similar to a mainland cayman island bank account

Just as the guy in the (⊙▃⊙) helmet named Arte Johnson on the Rowan & Martin - "Laugh In Show", used to say "Veeeeery Interesting"

That show aired in TV between 1968 - '73 so I guess all the young bucks on here wouldn't remember.
(Just an example of all the worthless information stored in my memory bank.) I try to find at least a little humor in just about everything.
Sometimes that is very difficult or impossible. Putting too much doom and gloom on everything will drive you insane
There is always a light at the end of the dark tunnel, but be advised that sometimes it is a train coming from the opposite direction.

Just as the guy in the (⊙▃⊙) helmet named Arte Johnson on the Rowan & Martin - "Laugh In Show", used to say "Veeeeery Interesting"

That show aired in TV between 1968 - '73 so I guess all the young bucks on here wouldn't remember.
(Just an example of all the worthless information stored in my memory bank.) I try to find at least a little humor in just about everything.
Sometimes that is very difficult or impossible. Putting too much doom and gloom on everything will drive you insane
There is always a light at the end of the dark tunnel, but be advised that sometimes it is a train coming from the opposite direction.
J-your makin us feel old. We are. But don't remind us please! Lol.
Laugh - in.
I was young and Goldie in a bikini!