Yellow | YRCW under new ownership

Sounds like We all should buy stock at the rock bottom price...I'm headed to the bank monday to purchase a few shares

I'm sure they (the new stockholders)are going to have alot of something to say after they have pulled this off. i don't think they gave up millions for nothing. Think positive, new minds & voices will make this work.

Don't buy till the swap is completed. Then buy in. We are thinkin about it too.

If you feel YRCW will make it through these problem times and get back to earning a profit, then buying in at these low prices would be a very smart move - obviously it all depends on how well the company does in the future.

The stockholders are the owners, they hold an equity stake in the company. The bond holders were creditors of the company, not owners, (i.e., they lent the company money by buying the bonds) and by accepting the debt-for-equity offer, they now become stockholders (i.e. "owners") like anyone else who held shares. Anyone who owns shares in the company is an "owner".

No one entity "bought" the company.

That's correct but I'm thinking Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan bought the most bonds to make then the largest shareholders now

Don't buy till the swap is completed. Then buy in. We are thinkin about it too.

I am buying in on Wed. jan. 6th.......Probably around noon when the dust settles down from tues. swap......i am hoping to get around .50 and buy 2000 shares for ONE GRAND........If yrc can get back to 20 bucks I will be set.....If not I only lose ONE GRAND........Goodluck........:TR10driving03:

I can't believe they are all fixed now. New money new owners customers back . Sounds great. Some how I do not see it. Yrc shed 537 m in debt to take on 200m. More is the skinny of it.

That's correct but I'm thinking Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan bought the most bonds to make then the largest shareholders now

You could be correct on that and if they did, I don't know if they bought the bonds for their own accounts or for their customers accounts. That info will all come out in the SEC filings I would assume.

Ya sure you got the bank right? JP is not a stock holder

The trucking company has a $950 million revolving credit line with a group of banks led by JPMorgan Chase & Co., as well as a $111.5 million term loan, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. YRC has $1.6 billion of loans and bonds, Bloomberg data show. The company took on debt when Yellow Corp. acquired Roadway Corp. in 2003 for $1.07 billion and then bought USF Corp. in 2005 for $1.37 billion.

They have so many baks they are involved with but the reality is whoever it is they will take out the management that got them in the situation they are in and hire new management
Here is a link to the YRCW ownership link from MSN.
YRCW Ownership, institutional ownership, 5 % ownership - MSN Money

Deutsche Bank... DHL's main holding company hmmmmmm.
ive said from the begining they were the 1s behind this whole deal.

oh so sorry i'll bow :eck13:to the expert truck driving analist oppps analyst i mean

I'm no expert by any stretch, but I certainly wouldn't post something so ridiculously inaccurate as you did with your Deutsche Bank/DHL post either. :nutkick:

Since you're capable of using the computer, you could check out both companies you mentioned and learn that they have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

I'm no expert by any stretch, but I certainly wouldn't post something so ridiculously inaccurate as you did with your Deutsche Bank/DHL post either. :nutkick:
Since you're capable of using the computer, you could check out both companies you mentioned and learn that they have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Winner winner chicken dinner! DHL is owned by Deutsche Poste!

All Deutsche means is "German" .

DHL = http://investors.dp-dhl.de/content/dam/ueber_uns/publikationen/fact_sheet_deutsche_post_en.pdf

Company Deutsche Post AG (DPAG)

Division MAIL

Headquarters Bonn, Germany

Profile Deutsche Post, Germany's only universal provider of postal services, is part of the world's largest logistics group, Deutsche Post DHL.

Deutsche Post delivers mail and parcel in Germany and the world. It is an expert provider of dialogue marketing and press distribution services as well as corporate communications solutions. Deutsche Post operates a nationwide transport and delivery network in Germany.

The division MAIL generated revenue of 14.4 billion euros in 2008. With some 190,000 employees, Deutsche Post employs a major share of the group’s workforce of over 500,000 people and helps make Deutsche Post DHL one of the biggest employers worldwide.

Division MAIL

Profile Deutsche Post, Germany's only universal provider of postal services, is part of the world's largest logistics group, Deutsche Post DHL.

Deutsche Post delivers mail and parcel in Germany and the world. It is an expert provider of dialogue marketing and press distribution services as well as corporate communications solutions. Deutsche Post operates a nationwide transport and delivery network in Germany.

The division MAIL generated revenue of 14.4 billion euros in 2008. With some 190,000 employees, Deutsche Post employs a major share of the group’s workforce of over 500,000 people and helps make Deutsche Post DHL one of the biggest employers worldwide.

Division MAIL

The division MAIL generated revenue of 14.4 billion euros in 2008. With some 190,000 employees, Deutsche Post employs a major share of the group’s workforce of over 500,000 people and helps make Deutsche Post DHL one of the biggest employers worldwide
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

Deutsche Bank = http://www.db.com/en/content/company/our_company.htm?ghpnavigation=ENG_Our_Company
Deutsche Bank is a leading global investment bank with a strong and profitable private clients franchise. Its businesses are mutually reinforcing.

* 78,530 employees in 72 countries*
* Unparalleled financial services throughout the world

A leader in Germany and Europe, the bank is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets.

We are the lowest paid drivers of any national company. That means we can compete for better rates. The customers win. And in the long run we win. Hopefully raises by 2012. However just having a job is great. I think the focus on us failing will go away now. And other trucking companies with financial problems will grab the spot light. I predict somebody else going down in 2010, or mergers between 2 or more weak truck companies to try to survive.

All Deutsche means is "German" .

DHL = http://investors.dp-dhl.de/content/dam/ueber_uns/publikationen/fact_sheet_deutsche_post_en.pdf

Division MAIL

Division MAIL

Division MAIL

The division MAIL generated revenue of 14.4 billion euros in 2008. With some 190,000 employees, Deutsche Post employs a major share of the group’s workforce of over 500,000 people and helps make Deutsche Post DHL one of the biggest employers worldwide
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

Deutsche Bank = Deutsche Bank - Our Company
Deutsche Bank is a leading global investment bank with a strong and profitable private clients franchise. Its businesses are mutually reinforcing.

* 78,530 employees in 72 countries*
* Unparalleled financial services throughout the world

A leader in Germany and Europe, the bank is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets.

Well thank you for your German to English lesson. What's your point?

In case you were thinking Deutsche Post was going to be your saving grace. Remember one thing they are very anti-union in this country! I'm not saying these guys bought into YRC, but that is one thing to know.

Until YRC goes back to private, you guys have to SATISFY the share holders. Which means cut things to a bone to return to profitabilty! Don't be suprised if they try to break the union. Example, look at the NWA mechanics union. You guys have an up hill battle, I don't envy you at all! All seems like a band aid approach to me. Just trying to stop the hemorage of cash without making real business changes.
Good luck though....Everyone still needs YRC around!:sombrero2:

Well thank you for your German to English lesson. What's your point?

In case you were thinking Deutsche Post was going to be your saving grace. Remember one thing they are very anti-union in this country! I'm not saying these guys bought into YRC, but that is one thing to know.

Until YRC goes back to private, you guys have to SATISFY the share holders. Which means cut things to a bone to return to profitabilty! Don't be suprised if they try to break the union. Example, look at the NWA mechanics union. You guys have an up hill battle, I don't envy you at all! All seems like a band aid approach to me. Just trying to stop the hemorage of cash without making real business changes.
Good luck though....Everyone still needs YRC around!:sombrero2:

At this point, we turn to our first significant omitted variable—the level of unionization.
Europe is far more unionized than the U.S. The share of the labor force that is covered
by collective bargaining agreements is listed in Table 16 across countries. This ranges
from less than 20 percent in the U.S. to more than 80 percent in Sweden, France and
Germany. The strength of unions owes much to laws and politics. Even within the U.S.,
the 1936 Wagner Act invigorated U.S. unions and the average unionization rate in states
with right-to-work laws is 8 percent while the unionization rate in states without these
laws is 16 percent. Note how union strength reached a peak in most European countries
in the late seventies/early eighties, precisely when the reduction in hours worked took off.
Afterwards, union membership show small decline in Europe and a much faster decline
in the U.S. (Boeri et al (2001)).
The large differences in unionization rates between the U.S. and Europe also reflect
political differences between the U.S. and Europe that have made European politics far
friendlier to unions than the U.S. Alesina and Glaeser (2004) argue that because of
American racial fractionalization and European political instability (which is ultimately
the result of two world wars), American politics is far less friendly to the left than
European politics. Institutions such as proportional representation have been quite prone
to favor the growth of communist parties and social democratic parties that championed
unions. The correlation is clear: Figure 12 shows the strong positive correlation between
proportional representation and the share of the labor force that is covered by collective
bargaining agreements. By contrast, American federalism, a majoritarian system which
makes it very hard for third parties to enter, separation of powers (especially the Senate
and the Supreme Court) have all acted to limit the strength of private sector unions. For
these political reasons, European Union density is much higher than union density within
the U.S.