Yellow | 09/22/10 yrcw 2-man meeting

What is this " We do not have a formal agreement on any issues "
Discuss potential solutions ?
Guidance from the locals ?
Name me a time in the last 35 years that the IBT had a 2 man meeting that they did not try to sell you a bill of goods !!

Got a Ma Bell from Tyson tonight. He said they were negotiating w/YRC on our behalf and would keep us updated on the Teamster web site. I thought that was interesting, since they already sent out the message for the 2 man meeting to sell us on what they already want us to vote for.

Glad my landline is disconnected.can't afford it anymore.I have a string and two tin cans.one is at yrc
The other can is here at home

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

I'd love to be able to comment, but after reading it a couple of times, I can't think of a thing to say except " what is a 2 man meeting"? Seems like there will be more than a couple of people there. Must be U talk.

OK....one more time....The 2-Man meeting is the President and Secretary-Treasurer of each Local Union. They will present the information to them and then they will return to their Locals and present the facts to the members and you will receive a ballot top vote and send it.....KK

.........who are all these orphans anyway. are they ones that never worked for yrc. or yellow maybe roadway or is it all three. oh there is holland and new penn.
The "orphans" are the Teamsters that are drawing a pension out of the funds, but their company is no longer in business.

OK....one more time....The 2-Man meeting is the President and Secretary-Treasurer of each Local Union. They will present the information to them and then they will return to their Locals and present the facts to the members and you will receive a ballot top vote and send it.....KK

O' Yeah.............. I remember those 2 guys. They are the same ones that always go to the meetings and comeback and tell us which way to vote (aka -the facts) or we will be out of a job.
The last couple of times it seems, the 2 guys forgot to REALLY REINFORCE thier message to the locals, because the vote didn't go thier way, so they told us WE MUST VOTE AGAIN, and this time vote the way we tell you to.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, there is a lot to say, starting w/Tyson and his discussions, Does he know the word Negotiate??????maybe he thinks it means, YRC telling
him what is going to happen, and to make sure he gets a YES vote, this guy is an azzhole!!
I became a Teamster a long time ago with the idea that I would receive the best benifits and the highest wages in the industry,I hope tyson and the 2 man crew remember that. Sometimes it seems that those ideas have been lost along the way.

they sent a memo out about the 2 man meeting, why couldn't they just do that with the concessions? i see no reason why they have to have a meeting exept to spend money and play golf. oh, and get away from the wife..

Although I agree with you most of the time :confused: one question comes to mind, if the IBT hasn't agreed on anything what would we be voting on ??guess we will find out next week..

Well if you are referring to you local union leadership as "bobble heads" apparently you are dissatisfied with them?? If they are doing such a bad job why don't you vote them out of office??? Or are you one of the "chronic bitchers" that does nothing but **** and moan:icon_dance: and usually throws their ballot away when you receive it in the mail?

You mean every local will send there 2 bobble heads to the meeting

Well if you are referring to you local union leadership as "bobble heads" apparently you are dissatisfied with them?? If they are doing such a bad job why don't you vote them out of office??? Or are you one of the "chronic bitchers" that does nothing but **** and moan:icon_dance: and usually throws their ballot away when you receive it in the mail?

yep, never see any of them at the meetings, only see them in the office at work with big smiles on their faces.

they sent a memo out about the 2 man meeting, why couldn't they just do that with the concessions? i see no reason why they have to have a meeting exept to spend money and play golf. oh, and get away from the wife..

From the wording of the letter it looks like there is more than one proposal.

That still leaves the question of whether it's going to get whittled down to a single proposal at the two man meetings or at the general membership meetings?

I would guess the are going to whittle at the 2-man because the general membership meetings might produce more than one result which would have to be resolved before there could be a vote.

It better not be more pension deferrment or you can kiss your sweeeeeeeet pensions goodbye...........Just remember the promises these idiots made with the last two concessions........nothing has changed...........nuff said........

Our company contracts laydown linehaul rooms for $28 - $32 in some parts of the country. These may not be elite enough for some but linehaul dvrs use them. The working class suffers.