Yellow | 09/22/10 yrcw 2-man meeting

only thing to ask is " do we want to work at our present job, or go look for a new one ". i will have 25 yrs with YRC on 1/31/11. I hate the thought of looking for a new job at 52yrs old.

have'nt any of you guys been contributing to the Teamster 401k? when that option came up 5 yrs ago, the writting was on the wall. I have maxed out my weekly contribution since day 1, I don't like it, but i took advantage of it for this exact reason. It is called " foresight ".

In "Hindsight" I wish I had saved more money, instead of a new car every two years for most of the 24 years I drove for CF.........

In "Hindsight" I wish I had saved more money, instead of a new car every two years for most of the 24 years I drove for CF.........
Although it is none of my business how people have spent their money throughout their life, I'll bet we would have more people that would be willing to take a stand and vote no to more concessions, if they had followed your "hindsight".

Keeping up with the Jones' will kill anyone financially.

have'nt any of you guys been contributing to the Teamster 401k? when that option came up 5 yrs ago, the writting was on the wall. I have maxed out my weekly contribution since day 1, I don't like it, but i took advantage of it for this exact reason. It is called " foresight ".

I wouldn't trust a dime of my money to anything that had a teamster name on it, especially something as important as a retirement account. Who manages it, ken lay of enron fame! Hes not really dead, just laying low right now. You do know the government will probably confiscate these in the not to distant future.
Weekly contribution huh, is that what they call protection money now!!!:biglaugh:

Jimmy should start helping to save money. $129.00 a night plus expenses and airfair per man that's alot of money the union doesn't need to spend. Didn't they ever hear of Gotomeeting.com? They could save the rank and file a bundle!

I have been reading this board now a couple of years, i don't agree with everything, but do with some of the posts. I just had to sign on today because I can't stand all of the bitching and crying. I have never seen a more bitter bunch of people in my life. I was raised by a Union dad working for the United Steel Workers for 36yrs. we lived a modest midwest life. I have been pro union since i was old enough to remember, watched my dad go through at least 5 strikes, some for several weeks. He never bitched once in his carrier that i can remember. The point being, we all should be more self seficient, ok, we were promised a pension, we are getting screwed now, i have 23.7 cont, yrs, missed 25 yrs by the 18 month give back, i choose to move forward. Make the best of what we can. All around us, companies and unions are dissappearing, I don't want YRC to be the next to go. The corporations have the leverage right now. Maybe in the future we will get it back. We just need to hang on. its abitter pill, but the alternative will be much worse.

I have been reading this board now a couple of years, i don't agree with everything, but do with some of the posts. I just had to sign on today because I can't stand all of the bitching and crying. I have never seen a more bitter bunch of people in my life. I was raised by a Union dad working for the United Steel Workers for 36yrs. we lived a modest midwest life. I have been pro union since i was old enough to remember, watched my dad go through at least 5 strikes, some for several weeks. He never bitched once in his carrier that i can remember. The point being, we all should be more self seficient, ok, we were promised a pension, we are getting screwed now, i have 23.7 cont, yrs, missed 25 yrs by the 18 month give back, i choose to move forward. Make the best of what we can. All around us, companies and unions are dissappearing, I don't want YRC to be the next to go. The corporations have the leverage right now. Maybe in the future we will get it back. We just need to hang on. its abitter pill, but the alternative will be much worse.end quote: If your Dad is still with us go and ask him what he thinks. Show him all the facts, how the onion gave back 100s of Millions in concessions and have wasted it all and crap on the employees more then ever and still want more. Also, show him what you just posted and be ready to duck. He doesn't sound like a guy that took too much s-crap from his task masters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbo, no one 'gave back millions of dollars'. People agreed to work for less so the company (in debt over a billion dollars with no hope to repay it) would continue to employ them. Boiled to it's essence, that's all that happened. Stay or go, vote yes or vote no; just quit the 'woe is me' stuff and move on.

Thankfully he is still here. And his industry went through a very similar de-mise with his Union. Thousands of hard working guys lost their livelihoods, just gone! Just like most of the local UAW guys up in Janesville, jobs just gone! How many more must go? Do you want all of us in the unemployment lines? I don't like whats going on anymore then the rest of us. Sometimes you have to pick your fights, is this the time to stand in front of a steamroller? Bad economics, declining GDP, outsourcing of factory work and workers. Do we just cave? NO! But i think we should nagotiate for the best we can get. All the crap flinging won't acomplish a thing. How about tossing out some resolutions! some new ideas! "A Union Kid, and I am proud of it."

Thankfully he is still here. And his industry went through a very similar de-mise with his Union. Thousands of hard working guys lost their livelihoods, just gone! Just like most of the local UAW guys up in Janesville, jobs just gone! How many more must go? Do you want all of us in the unemployment lines? I don't like whats going on anymore then the rest of us. Sometimes you have to pick your fights, is this the time to stand in front of a steamroller? Bad economics, declining GDP, outsourcing of factory work and workers. Do we just cave? NO! But i think we should nagotiate for the best we can get. All the crap flinging won't acomplish a thing. How about tossing out some resolutions! some new ideas! "A Union Kid, and I am proud of it."

Relax. We don't know what we are even voting on yet.

Speaking of meetings, how many of you attend you monthly meetings at the local? Show of hands???

I attend 85% of the time and it kills me that the ones who don't attend are the first ones who want to know what went on at the union meeting. Your local is only as strong as its membership involvement and pride. Keep the member informed with the facts and show a presence at all barns to let them know the BA's are working. A thankless job that is easy to criticize but hard to get a thanks for a job well done. A local officers job in most cases is over rated and under paid for the ones who are getting it done.

This 2 man meeting I would rather have one of my guys there asking the questions and getting the facts. Rather than getting the info from second hand people.

There are three types of people in this busines:
1. Those who make things happen
2. Those who watch things happen
3. Those who wonder, "what the hell just happen?"

Well, here we are the first day of the reverse stock split and its going straight down 86 cents! So where are we at now, $5.44. Wall street and corporate America have a lot in common, you can't believe a word they say about anything. Its looking good though, put some more of your money in their, insider trading needs your money to go with their multi million dollar paychecks. You can thank your crooked republican government that corporate America dumps dung in your mouth while their stealing your money. The company should be barred from selling any stock until they show their hand to the men that make them go. They have no intention of making a profit or supporting anything to do with fair pay and organized labor. If the teamster had any sense they would strike immediately and make them take the loss they deserve instead of letting them pick their pockets and slip out the back with a multi billion dollar profit. You want more poverty level America vote republican and show the world how short your memory is and how stupid you are. I doubt if there's to many out there that has enough intelligence to know what a JFK liberal is anyway. VOTE NO and end these crooked S.O.Bs once and for all. And tell everyone you know that they don't want to be a truck driver unless they want ripped off for life!! And swear to your self that you will never drive a truck again. I'm selling everything and buying a trailer and F U is my new motto!! Play this U.S. corporate government like the pawn they play you for!