Yellow | #1 worse place to work CELL BLOCK 309 yrc treats them like slaves,out to get ya

Would like to hear the details of how "We financed and started what is now Fed Ex frt", never heard this one before.

Originally called FDX Corp., FedEx Corp. was formed in January 1998 with the acquisition of Caliber System Inc. Through this and future purchases, FedEx sought to build on the strength of its famous express delivery service and create a more diversified company that included a portfolio of different but related businesses. Caliber subsidiaries included RPS, a small-package ground service; Roberts Express, an expedited, exclusive-use shipping provider; Viking Freight, a regional, less-than-truckload (LTL) freight carrier serving the Western U.S.; Caribbean Transportation Services, a provider of airfreight forwarding between the U.S., Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and the Caribbean Islands; and Caliber Logistics and Caliber Technology, providers of integrated logistics and technology solutions. These companies, along with worldwide express shipping provider Federal Express, composed the original FDX Corp. .........

FedEx History | About FedEx

Roadway Services was a transportation holding company located in Akron, Ohio, which owned several trucking companies, including Roberts Express, Viking Freight, and Roadway Express.[1]

The Roadway Services holding company became Caliber Systems in 1996. The Caliber companies were acquired by FDX Corp. in 1998. FDX later changed its name to FedEx Corporation. Roadway Package Systems became FedEx Ground. Roberts Express became FedEx Custom Critical. Viking Freight became FedEx Freight West. Roadway Express was acquired by Yellow Roadway Corporation.........

Roadway Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Originally called FDX Corp., FedEx Corp. was formed in January 1998 with the acquisition of Caliber System Inc. Through this and future purchases, FedEx sought to build on the strength of its famous express delivery service and create a more diversified company that included a portfolio of different but related businesses. Caliber subsidiaries included RPS, a small-package ground service; Roberts Express, an expedited, exclusive-use shipping provider; Viking Freight, a regional, less-than-truckload (LTL) freight carrier serving the Western U.S.; Caribbean Transportation Services, a provider of airfreight forwarding between the U.S., Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and the Caribbean Islands; and Caliber Logistics and Caliber Technology, providers of integrated logistics and technology solutions. These companies, along with worldwide express shipping provider Federal Express, composed the original FDX Corp. .........

Roadway Services was a transportation holding company located in Akron, Ohio, which owned several trucking companies, including Roberts Express, Viking Freight, and Roadway Express.[1]

The Roadway Services holding company became Caliber Systems in 1996. The Caliber companies were acquired by FDX Corp. in 1998. FDX later changed its name to FedEx Corporation. Roadway Package Systems became FedEx Ground. Roberts Express became FedEx Custom Critical. Viking Freight became FedEx Freight West. Roadway Express was acquired by Yellow Roadway Corporation.........

YRC Worldwide: Information from Answers.com

Thanks for the infro, R-14

you are correct junk equipment and not getting paid for pins and clock time roadway was giving the 15 back way before the vote

Another fairy tale from a disgruntled Yellow driver. Say it enough and you start to believe your own lies. I got paid for every minute I was entitled to at Roadway. Also the job was much better to work for and secure before all this YRC bullsh-t started, and that my friend is no fairy tale.

All this bullshit between Yellow and Roadway really is funny ! I can end it all with one word and one word only "ZOLLARS " take that and put that in your Yellow pipe and smoke it !!!

Another fairy tale from a disgruntled Yellow driver. Say it enough and you start to believe your own lies. I got paid for every minute I was entitled to at Roadway. Also the job was much better to work for and secure before all this YRC bullsh-t started, and that my friend is no fairy tale.
I used to think noodle was the only insane ex-Yellow guy. Maybe it was more widespread.

Are we still living in the old tradition, augmented world?

I used to think noodle was the only insane ex-Yellow guy. Maybe it was more widespread.
Actually, I am insane. However, you should witness some of the insane old traditional, laptop heroes who constantly complain about my posts. They practice their karate techniques on the table tops in the drivers room, all the time. Heck, I even stood right next to one driver and said, "Why are so angry, at least the this guy Spaghetti is informing you of the facts." Of course, he slams the top of his laptop cover down, storms out, and decides to smoke a pack of cigarettes outside.

I also know that there is a driver out of Harrisburg, PA who isn't allowed to bring his laptop with him when he enters the Syracuse Terminal. They even have a nice place for him to sit while he waits for his load, and he's not allowed to talk to anyone. Gee, I wonder why? I would also like to know why the union isn't informing the members about all this stuff? Some of those links are over a year old. (Biometric Screening) Here, look at the date. It's was written back in 2008.

http://www.pbghpa.com/members/pdf/HRABioScreenGroupPurch.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't viking get sold to american freightways who merged them and then fed-x bought af to get into the ltl market. Thus roadway helped to cut their own throats by not keeping viking and merging it into roadway. Why didn't the onion go in and try to organize viking? Why was roadway allowed to spend 100s of millions dollars to up start and buy non onion companies when its clearly stated in the best contract ever this isn't allowed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't viking get sold to american freightways who merged them and then fed-x bought af to get into the ltl market. Thus roadway helped to cut their own throats by not keeping viking and merging it into roadway. Why didn't the onion go in and try to organize viking? Why was roadway allowed to spend 100s of millions dollars to up start and buy non onion companies when its clearly stated in the best contract ever this isn't allowed.

You are wrong on everything you posted sorry to say . Read the time line and maybe learn instead of guessing !!

You are wrong on everything you posted sorry to say . Read the time line and maybe learn instead of guessing !!

Sorry, thought it was in the contract about an onion company double breasting non onion companies. My mistake. Thats why I said correct me if I'm wrong, I couldn't remember if fed-x owned af before or after caliber. Either way, they should of mergered viking rather then help a competitor get into ltl. Guess its all water under the bridge at this point.

PS: I'm going back out, its beautiful!!!

Sorry, thought it was in the contract about an onion company double breasting non onion companies. My mistake. Thats why I said correct me if I'm wrong, I couldn't remember if fed-x owned af before or after caliber. Either way, they should of mergered viking rather then help a competitor get into ltl. Guess its all water under the bridge at this point.

I will trade you it's 40 degrees here and windy ! Enjoy your day and tell Jay C Hi when you pick him up sorry I couldn't help myself . :Poke::479:

Roadway Services Owned Roadway Express, Viking(Now part of FedEx Freight), Spartan(Closed), Coles(Closed), Central Transport of Texas(Bought buy the management team), and Roberts Express(Now FedEx Custom Critical) Roadway Services started RPS(Now FedEx Ground) and RGA(Roadway Global Air, Closed) and ROLS(Roadway Operational Logistics Services, Part of FedEx Logistics), in the early 90's Services IPO'd Roadway Express into it's own entity and changed their name to Caliber Systems The idea at the time was that union LTL was dead and Caliber was going to unite the regionals to make a non-union LTL regional/long haul carrier much like CF did with Con-Way. Rex survived Caliber got bought out by FedEx after failing miserably and having to close Coles and Spartan.

Right, Dan Sullivan and the boys found out it wasn't as easy as they thought once they couldn't pillage Roadway anymore. The line of bull when they started RPS was it would be owner operators for the 1st couple years and then once it was off the ground they would buy a fleet and hire drivers. If I remember right, it was implied it would be a union operation. The union liked the sound of that....of course they never got it in writing. Before RPS, Roadway had hundreds of millions in cash, a fleet they paid cash for, and no debt. Sullivan and his thugs pillaged and ***** their way through Roadway's assets and then discarded the carcass.

But at least we came out still owning all the properties and equipment, RPS got all those nice 45' Budd trailers and Spartan a bunch of nice 79-81 RB II's with 6V92's :)
Sullivan made like a bandit at FedEx, I think he's still there?