FedEx Freight | 2019 Health Insurance

That was my point...until we have all the details, there’s no reason for these guys to get their thongs in a wad!!
Fair point, Red.

While there IS plenty to be disappointed about, on this topic, we don't know all the details (or the raise numbers). Only thing we do know is what was actually communicated. Overall, less coverage at a higher cost. Unless tele-medicine is going to satisfy one's medical needs, there's nothing to like, IMHO.

Worth knowing: Despite the "Zero out of network coverage" stated, typically (always?) true emergency trips to the ER are covered as "in network", regardless of actual status. I've never (ever) seen where that was not a provision. Whether that is a regulatory thing, or just common sense, I don't know. I'm not going to research it (now). I do EXPECT that to be a provision.

All of this points to issues in the area of Corporate "Communications Effectiveness". Shocking but true.

Last edited:
Fair point, Red.

While there IS plenty to be disappointed about, on this topic, we don't know all the details (or the raise numbers). Only thing we do know is what was actually communicated. Overall, less coverage at a higher cost. Unless tele-medicine is going to satisfy one's medical needs, there's nothing to like, IMHO.

Worth knowing: Despite the "Zero out of network coverage" stated, typically (always?) true emergency trips to the ER are covered as "in network", regardless of actual status. I've never (ever) seen where that was not a provision. Whether that is a regulatory thing, or just common sense, I don't know. I'm not going to research it (now). I do EXPECT that to be a provision.

All of this points to issues in the area of Corporate "Communications Effectiveness". Shocking but true.
What’s shocking is how you guys put out misinformation to stir the pot in order to advance an agenda!!

After some research it pains me to say you’re wrong...again!! You claimed our premiums would increase $2 single/$18 family weekly but after further review, those increases are monthly!! Premium increase are actually $.46 weekly single, $2.76 single with children, and $4.15 weekly family....a far cry from those fear mongering numbers you posted earlier!!

I understand mistakes are made but shouting gun in a theater is the same as shouting fire!!

What’s shocking is how you guys put out misinformation to stir the pot in order to advance an agenda!!

After some research it pains me to say you’re wrong...again!! You claimed our premiums would increase $2 single/$18 family weekly but after further review, those increases are monthly!! Premium increase are actually $.46 weekly single, $2.76 single with children, and $4.15 weekly family....a far cry from those fear mongering numbers you posted earlier!!

I understand mistakes are made but shouting gun in a theater is the same as shouting fire!!

While you were "reviewing" did you happen to get our raise amount? :clapping:

This is the right amounts now? Swap rat was wrong? Is there still a $150 payment for a spouse who get get covered at their job?

This is the right amounts now? Swap rat was wrong? Is there still a $150 payment for a spouse who get get covered at their job?

Man, I gotta tell ya (since you are new), beware of Red. Every now and then, he thinks he has a gotcha moment. Then he goes on a frenzied crusade, thinking he's actually right. Think for yourself, pay attention, but beware of anyone overzealous about a particular topic.

Stay tuned. We'll set the record straight. It will be fun. I just don't have time for nonsense, right now.

:smilie93c peelout:

Yes, it’s the right amounts...yes, Swampy was wrong...and yes, there’s a new monthly $150 “penalty fee” (for lack of better words) for adding spouses when they’re offered insurance through there employer.

That fee amounts to an extra $34.62 per week. Take what you pay now for the family plan, add the weekly increase of $38.77 ($4.15 + $34.62) and if its still cheaper than what your spouse’s weekly premiums would be through their employer, then add them to our so called crappy insurance...otherwise join their plan because it’s got to be better than what we’re being offered, right??

Yes, it’s the right amounts...yes, Swampy was wrong...and yes, there’s a new monthly $150 “penalty fee” (for lack of better words) for adding spouses when they’re offered insurance through there employer.

That fee amounts to an extra $34.62 per week. Take what you pay now for the family plan, add the weekly increase of $38.77 ($4.15 + $34.62) and if its still cheaper than what your spouse’s weekly premiums would be through their employer, then add them to our so called crappy insurance...otherwise join their plan because it’s got to be better than what we’re being offered, right??

I said I don't have time for nonsense, but I have time for one quickie for ya.

Today is Friday the the 13th. Not your day, despite what you "think". Careful where you step today.

Oh, when might "your day" be? 4/1 - April fools day.

I said I don't have time for nonsense, but I have time for one quickie for ya.

Today is Friday the the 13th. Not your day, despite what you "think". Careful where you step today.

Oh, when might "your day" be? 4/1 - April fools day.
Be careful...you were “allegedly” pre-shifted, prematurely!! You sure you’ve got all/correct information!!??

Man, I gotta tell ya (since you are new), beware of Red. Every now and then, he thinks he has a gotcha moment. Then he goes on a frenzied crusade, thinking he's actually right. Think for yourself, pay attention, but beware of anyone overzealous about a particular topic.

Stay tuned. We'll set the record straight. It will be fun. I just don't have time for nonsense, right now.

:smilie93c peelout:

X2 if you get info from the company clown (red) good luck same guy said years ago that our insurance would meet the threshold for Cadillac tax. :biglaugh: