Yellow | 2023 Phase 2 Utility Chops

Ok.
The first one they give us a bunch of UE and cut the whole road.
This time they cut back on UE.
And add 10 road.

But road works the dock on this

O'Brien should tell them ...New Penn single trailer no-stacking rules.
No converter gears.
They wanna do dumb stuff. We can say dumb stuff too.
How much are the Shysters paid?
I say $35kk until 2029 would be fair..

Hire them some competition from Sanctuary cities if they don't like the pay
The recruiters for the Academy knows where their replacements can be found.
Rumor has that you’re going to get a set. Think of it, drop a trailer at the customer deliver the other and come back to get your other trailer. It’s so easy to do. On my peddle run I did for less than a year, I pulled triples to my area. Dropped the first trailer, dropped the second and delivered the third. Came back to the second ( which was loaded) go back and get my first that was loaded. Hooked and drove 60 miles back. OD never stacked their city trailers. Also everything was strapped in, so there was no damage.

Last edited:
Rumor has that you’re going to get a set. Think of it, drop a trailer at the customer deliver the other and come back to get your other trailer. It’s so easy to do. On my peddle run I did for less than a year, I pulled triples to my area. Dropped the first trailer, dropped the second and delivered the third. Came back to the second ( which was loaded) go back and get my first that was loaded. Hooked and drove 60 miles back. OD never stacked their city trailers. Also everything was strapped in, so there was no damage.
Whew! That person you are replying too will have to take a double dose of Riddlin after reading your post.

Road working dock?
Holland had done this for years, commonly referred to as “ kick and pick.” Let’s say a Driver leaves Columbus OH headed to Detroit he stops at Toledo and kicks off freight for them, then picks up freight going to Detroit that was over flow that did not fit on earlier trailer, then off to Detroit and switch’s. Sometimes freight in this example might be Cleveland freight dropped in Toledo and a driver coming through would pick up and go to Cleveland. All time spent was paid hourly, if it was a dark terminal driver did the work, if city guys were their driver stayed on clock in break room. This was an extremely efficient method that made Holland king of overnight freight. A lot of guaranteed freight was handled this way. Not uncommon to see customer to customer 500 miles and guaranteed by 9:00am.
And yes no pups all 48’ and 53.’

Holland had done this for years, commonly referred to as “ kick and pick.” Let’s say a Driver leaves Columbus OH headed to Detroit he stops at Toledo and kicks off freight for them, then picks up freight going to Detroit that was over flow that did not fit on earlier trailer, then off to Detroit and switch’s. Sometimes freight in this example might be Cleveland freight dropped in Toledo and a driver coming through would pick up and go to Cleveland. All time spent was paid hourly, if it was a dark terminal driver did the work, if city guys were their driver stayed on clock in break room. This was an extremely efficient method that made Holland king of overnight freight. A lot of guaranteed freight was handled this way. Not uncommon to see customer to customer 500 miles and guaranteed by 9:00am.
And yes no pups all 48’ and 53.’
Yea but when Yellow gets done discounting the rate you need to fill the 2 pups to limit the lose of money...............................................................................that extra 3' is difference between a 1.01 OR and a 1.05 OR.......................

Yea but when Yellow gets done discounting the rate you need to fill the 2 pups to limit the lose of money...............................................................................that extra 3' is difference between a 1.01 OR and a 1.05 OR.......................
Wait until they get those 60’ trailers in use. Then we can really move some bills.

Pups are too labor intensive and due to physics and design are hard on freight

road is road, dock is dock, tell yeller to stick it again. this is not contractual.open their pocketbook if they want to open the contract.
I believe there is language regarding this already, velocity driver work. Has been going on for several years. Mileage while driving, clock time on platform.

By slowing down the automated trucks which will eventually totally replace the road. And then they will move to automated lift trucks to replace dock.

How much will the robots contribute to the pensions?
How long do you think we’ll stay in business if all the rest of the carriers don’t have the expense of drivers or dock workers and we still do?

you can't get dockworkers at what we pay, with no retirement. when we do hire, only those who are otherwise unemployable apply. No car, no driver's license, usually recent graduate of some penal institution, with all the bad habits, networked with Management graduates as well as dock graduates. Bad behavior follows, drug use, thefts, etc. Hard to get compliance with basics like sobriety, attendance, not wandering off, etc.
DOT regs require sobriety for drivers, that is why yellow intent on forcing them to the dock. Sober, present. at night.

OMG We will be out of business by the end of the week!
We better do everything they want. And when they want to totally stop contributing to the funds I guess we better give them that too

They are using your consent to wreck the industry for the people who actually do the job

Road drivers belong in the truck.
Not on the dock

City drivers should be pulling single trailers.
Not 2 and 3.

New Penn was best for years without road working dock and with using converter gears and using a bare minimum of 53's.
Best OR.
Better than even then JB with the cheapest milage pay in the nation back then

Our system at our terminal was ...start on dock for years. Then do city for years. Then after your body was beat go on the road and just drive and make big money.
This makes it all garbage
Again you seem confused about the role the union plays here. The union cannot tell the company how to run its business, that my friend is not their place. But I know the guys that will be negotiating our contract next year and the company will pay scale or they will close down. We cannot stop these changes that are coming -that is beyond our control. I choose to spend the next 13 months preparing for a strike and possible job change that is something I can control. New Penn is gone my friend and they are not coming back and that’s the reality of the situation.