Yellow | 2023 Phase 2 Utility Chops

Brother, tell your friend that Holland and New Penn as well; are history, only the names are left for the remaining of the year, Yellow is the new boss, only YRC Freight rules or contract language applies.
Welcome to the new game!

Have a wonderful super bowl weekend!
:couch:
If you look at it where they describe where work lands the company actually defines terminals in the change as “surviving Terminal “ they are not calling them “Yellow Terminals” thats because they are picking and choosing which rules they want. Certain locals allow different rules in their supplement agreements that the company feels are more work friendly/profitable to them. Your BA will verify that. Roadmen working the dock is Holland, in the areas where they want YRC roadmen working the dock Holland is the survivor. NP has Velocity drivers that work the dock in the areas where they want to switch YRC drivers over to velocity New Penn is the survivor.

Funny I just spoke to a Estes driver right now here in Ontario Ca and he said they are topping out a little over $36 hr. He says we need to be paid more haha I told him we are at $26.15 and supposedly we are getting $1 raise on April wow lol. Bro even if yellow wants to say that our benefits are worth about $10 hr Estes said Estes cover a bit on top of that so they get to keep some of that money in their pocket. Estes driver even said it, other carriers are already competing with ups at $40/hr. We Yellow deserve more than this crap.

Funny I just spoke to a Estes driver right now here in Ontario Ca and he said they are topping out a little over $36 hr. He says we need to be paid more haha I told him we are at $26.15 and supposedly we are getting $1 raise on April wow lol. Bro even if yellow wants to say that our benefits are worth about $10 hr Estes said Estes cover a bit on top of that so they get to keep some of that money in their pocket. Estes driver even said it, other carriers are already competing with ups at $40/hr. We Yellow deserve more than this crap.

You say in another thread that you would vote for the doors to close yet you post here about how much more drivers are paid at Estes. Boggles my mind why you're not applying at Estes. I just don't understand your logic.

You say in another thread that you would vote for the doors to close yet you post here about how much more drivers are paid at Estes. Boggles my mind why you're not applying at Estes. I just don't understand your logic.
I refer as I vote to get what we should be getting paid but Yellow will say they will close because no money like always. So that’s what I meant to vote for doors to close. Lol my bad.

I'm gonna bump this post up so if anybody knows anybody that kept Holland out of the Northeast was involved or knows of anybody in solved in that situation, or knows anything about that situation, might remember or see something from that situation which could maybe keep the Holland road/dockwork work rules from coming into the Northeast.
There may be something there. There may not.
Ya so we can’t complain about other company’s being paid more than us.we have had nothing but bad news for 15 years.Most everbody is sick of it.Some on here want to attack others for there righteous opinion.

Or they are hiding or stealing money.

Once again the same old story.
NPME was best OR AFTER deregulation.
No need to explain the same trailer size and no stacking system. And no doubles.

All other carriers except a few use doubles.
Even those few not using doubles in the Northeast probably stack.

That tells me that somebody is probably stealing or using money on totally unnecessary things. In all companies using big and wide and multiple trailers/driver...
Because they base their money on bill counts.

So....high bill counts SHOULD mean massive profits compared to our system....

Which also had NMFA rules and pay rates.

Where is the money from the high bill counts...if that is really what makes the world go 'round?

What could be the answer?. It has NOTHING to do with the union or road drivers or dock workers or trailer systems.

Everything to do with waste on unnecessary things or stealing or hiding money.
New Penn is long gone, they great years were few. Their model worked for them but this is no longer New Penn.
The sole reason Yellow is
alive today is because the Trump Administration, right or wrong, handed over $700 MILLION of taxpayer $$$ to them. The taxpayers need to get paid back.

My suggestion is to see what ODFL does, if their road drivers work the dock it may be worth looking at since they know how to manage an LTL Carrier.

You keep reliving the old days, those ae long gone....

You guys are one of the cheapest carriers out here today.
That is the first problem.
If you raise your rates you wouldn't haul near as much because you have bad service times.
3.5 bph on the dock doesn't help either.
I am out of the business now days. I do see many former customers of mine who are extremely knowledgeable about this business.
Every single one of them tells me Yellow id by far the lowest cost carrier.
They also say that is because of expectations. Miserable employees, four times the damage rate, poor service, crap equipment, bad management and lousy technology.
Why do business with a carrier like that......... price. It is al they have left.

Don’t move!!! You want no part of that commie colony. The reason is the cost of living is sky high. Taxes are out of control. Governor Dippity Do, runs the state as a dictator. That extra money will be going from one hand to the other and poof, it’s gone. I live on the left coast 2 states up from California.
I thought Calif was closed!:6799:

When the new ways don't work.....keep wrecking everything.
I see.

Looks like the corporations, banks and government are all in the same line of thinking

All down the tubed.
Short term is all they look at.
Intentional?
Probably
I have to agree with you....

But nothing is going to change.

And there is nothing we can do about it.

Change of operations would be better for us teamsters if it was at contract time. Then maybe we could get some things changed.

That's why they're trying to slide it through quickly now. So they can get changed with no opposition.
Go on and give me doubles.
My proposal will be double pay for doubles. Triple for triples and 25% more for 53's.
Base rate is just for punching in. Bobtail, empty, dock, whatever.
And dock pay raised to driver hourly rate.
And I'll make the best stink I can about it
And change that road doesn't work dock too.
And if they don't have the names New Penn and Holland and YRC and Reddaway all merged into Yellow by contract, we could word things to prevent it from going farther. If them names appear anywhere...it could probably still be slowed or prevented with ***** wording
Do you understand that Yellow is a holding company with NO DOT operating authority? Only YRC Freight, Reddaway, New Penn and Holland have DOT operating authority numbers.
What scares you about pups? They are the most efficient equipment for line haul. And get accustomed to stacking freight, regardless of the length of the trailer. Why do you think EVERY other LTL carrier uses them? Cost effective, and these clowns need to find every efficiency possible.

Do you understand that Yellow is a holding company with NO DOT operating authority? Only YRC Freight, Reddaway, New Penn and Holland have DOT operating authority numbers.
What scares you about pups? They are the most efficient equipment for line haul. And get accustomed to stacking freight, regardless of the length of the trailer. Why do you think EVERY other LTL carrier uses them? Cost effective, and these clowns need to find every efficiency possible.
But Bag. If Yellow is double and sometimes triple stacking freight in pups, shouldn’t they take the rate of the floored out freight,X 2, or 3 where applicable, and raise the cost to the other shipper’s freight stacked above, based on multiplying the rate being charged the floor freight, and just tell the shippers we are doing them a huge service getting their shipment on a trailer? They could double or even triple gross $$ per trailer revenue, and get out of debt more quickly.

I'm talking money.
And I'm talking...why do I want to change my whole 11-14 hour day job for them?
They suck.
They're not gonna make money anyways.
Every issue in this company....the guys take the company side......why show profits when you can get more change without it?

Here's how it goes.....We all say yes....we will do what you want Yellow....if they need anything else we will give it to them.
If we get good stuff for us in the contract....they may pass it ...a few weeks later they, or their bank buddies...or maybe even the Whitehouse will come in and say "No.....we must take back what we gave you for whatever reason...bankrupt is close again or whatever..." And guys will come in here 10:1 saying......do what Yellow wants.

It's a joke.
But it ain't funny.
Years ago I told my father I wanted to be a comedian. He laughed at me. Well no one’s laughing now

I am out of the business now days. I do see many former customers of mine who are extremely knowledgeable about this business.
Every single one of them tells me Yellow id by far the lowest cost carrier.
They also say that is because of expectations. Miserable employees, four times the damage rate, poor service, crap equipment, bad management and lousy technology.
Why do business with a carrier like that......... price. It is al they have left.
Hello Brother, that's not true, it is not the lowest cost carrier, your customers friends are getting a good pricing because Yellow is the best positioned geographically to their business, low cost to get their freight and a lane of service. Miserable employees? , I don't think so... current employees do a fair share of work and overall still better than other places.
Damage rate?, all trucking companies have the same problem, it has intensified a little bit for the relatively new members.
Crap equipment?, Not true, a lot of equipment has been replaced with late new trucks, keeping some good old trucks too. Older trailers being recycle at a higher rate and fast.
Bad management?, some maybe, but, have to follow orders from higher up for reasons we don't know. Lousy Technology?, No the best one, but, it does the work.
Pricing is set by the markets environment and customers wishes.
Save your venom and bad wishes for something else.
:duel:

Years ago I told my father I wanted to be a comedian. He laughed at me. Well no one’s laughing now
So is the person who posted right before you, your dad? Ask him why he hasn’t told YRC to shove their job? I know. Too old to start over.