XPO | 65 Mph Sucks!!

Company makes money hand over fist. Guy running it is deliberately killing it off for his own personal gain.
Not trying to be argumentative with you . What makes you think he’s trying to run it into the ground purposely and how he would profit from that ? I think there’s a difference of mismanaging a company and purposely running it into the ground. I think he made some major miscalculations and underestimated the complexities of the transportation business.
I just don’t buy the theory that it’s an intentional self destruction.

Not trying to be argumentative with you . What makes you think he’s trying to run it into the ground purposely and how he would profit from that ? I think there’s a difference of mismanaging a company and purposely running it into the ground. I think he made some major miscalculations and underestimated the complexities of the transportation business.

This. He had/has absolutely dropped the ball on what it takes to run a trucking company. He may understand the metrics involved to move freight but he assumed or assumes that metrics will run the company, and it won't. Far too many variables in this industry to be ruled by metrics. That's why you hire and retain people that understand how to move freight. The computer doesn't move the freight, the handheld doesn't move the freight, the drivers do. The computers and handhelds don't adjust for contingencies like weather or someone not showing up, or extra freight, or break downs.

The problem Jacobs has is he removed the people from this company that know how to move freight and replaced them with people that know how to use a computer.

This. He had/has absolutely dropped the ball on what it takes to run a trucking company. He may understand the metrics involved to move freight but he assumed or assumes that metrics will run the company, and it won't. Far too many variables in this industry to be ruled by metrics. That's why you hire and retain people that understand how to move freight. The computer doesn't move the freight, the handheld doesn't move the freight, the drivers do. The computers and handhelds don't adjust for contingencies like weather or someone not showing up, or extra freight, or break downs.

The problem Jacobs has is he removed the people from this company that know how to move freight and replaced them with people that know how to use a computer.
I agree

At one point near the end of 2019 , one of the drivers that takes tractors to the shop and back said there wouldn't be anymore fifth wheel grease until 2020 ( which was weeks away at that point )

I don't know about running out of money ( we are told over a billion dollars is spent on I.T. every 24 months ) but , it's a bit disturbing to se a rusty fifth wheel with old stiff grease on it. When you have a lot of weight and a lot of friction , you need lubrication to prevent mechanical failure.

Please , hold the jokes.
I don't know about your fifthwheels but the truck in my yard have an auto lube system which also lubes the fifthwheel. In fact it lubes every grease fitting except the drive shaft u-joints

Hard to gauge intent. Easy to see the result. I wonder what the HNRY boys think about Zollars. Was it divine intervention or simple design and action ?

The problem is that you see this as a problem. It's his business. This is how he wants it to run. He is pushing it further down this path. Drivers have zero value to him. Only numbers matter. The fewer drivers we have the better the numbers look.

I don't know about your fifthwheels but the truck in my yard have an auto lube system which also lubes the fifthwheel. In fact it lubes every grease fitting except the drive shaft u-joints

Doesn't lube the underneath of the fifth wheel. Where the handle and springs are. It lubes the riding surface.

Doesn't lube the underneath of the fifth wheel. Where the handle and springs are. It lubes the riding surface.
Also , in the winter you have to clean the fifth wheel. Ice , snow , leaves. Old hardened grease. Salt. Clean your fifth wheel and if the metal has no grease on it , it will begin to rust.

And even if you don't clean your fifth wheel in the winter , when there's snow and ice and you go to hook , the trailer can scrape everything off the top. Over and over again and again. ( depending on how you hook )

Also , not having proper lubricant on the fifth wheel can put stress on your steers leading to improper tire wear. Depending on weight , the lack of lube can bind the trailer and tractor and keep your set from being able to turn.

Hopefully , the auto lubing will prevent this. Even with tractors ( and dollies ) that have been placed out of service for economic purposes. Just sitting there. Rusting. For how long?

well there are no grease fittings there. So the shop will only spray a lube on it. Now when it rains it just washes it off. Between me and the city driver we spray the one on our truck every so often.

Push the button under the lube reservoir to manually initiate lubing. Driver's need to start demanding to be turned back. Back to doing three county passes on i'sholes refusing to let up to get around them. Causing agitated four wheelers and super truckers undo stress.

Push the button under the lube reservoir to manually initiate lubing. Driver's need to start demanding to be turned back. Back to doing three county passes on i'sholes refusing to let up to get around them. Causing agitated four wheelers and super truckers undo stress.
With the shelter in place , essential people only , travel only when necessary going on ( less traffic than usual ) AND fuel being cheaper than it has EVER been , you would imagine there are few down sides to turning ALL tractors up to 70mph.

With the shelter in place , essential people only , travel only when necessary going on ( less traffic than usual ) AND fuel being cheaper than it has EVER been , you would imagine there are few down sides to turning ALL tractors up to 70mph.

Still doesn't change that the company is full of careless and reckless drivers that are pushed to far by management that need to make impossible numbers. I wonder if the reduction in traffic and speed has done anything to improve our safety situation ? I am sure it did on the computer. I know they have fixed the numbers. But somewhere someone knows the truth.