FedEx Freight | A lot of bid guys sitting.

screweddaily

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm at a center that has day and night road runs. They have been cutting multiple day and night runs and leaving a lot of drivers sitting that shouldn't. Can a rebid be forced if a bid run isn't running? If so what is the criteria for doing so? I heard its a percentage but I'm not sure what it is or if its true. Does anyone know the policy on this?

We are doing our 3rd bid within 2 months due to more guys on furlough. Has you center furloughed anyone? We have 8-9 guys out which seems to keeps people working.

We are doing our 3rd bid within 2 months due to more guys on furlough. Has you center furloughed anyone? We have 8-9 guys out which seems to keeps people working.

Same. It's why I haven't moved forward with complaining about PTs. It's hard to make a valid point when all the furloughs are volunteers and I'm picky about what work assignments I take.

My plan was to reach out to Jeffrey First (senior VP of Operations) to see what kind of response I got, but I couldn't write anything that made a compelling argument against it with the way my building is handling everything.

Same. It's why I haven't moved forward with complaining about PTs. It's hard to make a valid point when all the furloughs are volunteers and I'm picky about what work assignments I take.

My plan was to reach out to Jeffrey First (senior VP of Operations) to see what kind of response I got, but I couldn't write anything that made a compelling argument against it with the way my building is handling everything.
The only compelling argument would be weather… granted we’ve had some. But PT was running strong and guys were sitting before the weather started so… I’d feel better about it if they weren’t running it in lanes that clearly don’t need it. I guess the PT dept has to hit its numbers too.

nobody would be sitting at home if they stopped contracting your work out.
Union wouldn't be able to negotiate PT going away.

And AGAIN, We're a company full of people burned by the union in various ways, your kind managed to turn what was it? a handful of terminals?

I'd gather to guess maybe less than 10% of the company actually wants a union.

Union wouldn't be able to negotiate PT going away.

And AGAIN, We're a company full of people burned by the union in various ways, your kind managed to turn what was it? a handful of terminals?

I'd gather to guess maybe less than 10% of the company actually wants a union.
Right now, the teamsters would love it if you joined up with them.