ABF | Abf Or No?

ABF or Tanker

• Total voters
And as you can see ole slick Wille signed it into law.
Remember the Clintons look out for themselves and their buddies.
Retirement most allow you to smoke some good stuff..
You are arguing with paranoid people. Read some of the past arguments that have been posted on TB about pensions. It is funny and sad at the same time. But my point dokman, you are never going to help someone when their mental disorder is so entrenched that even drugs won't help manage it (Retirement most allow you to smoke some good stuff). Personally, I use TB for entertainment purposes and enjoy the posts. LOL. Enjoy the posts, make money in the stockmarket, and hope we get something out of the pension before the crazies force it into bankruptcy.

Last edited:
I guess that time will tell.
I’m glad you’re getting entertained by slumming around with us crazies and drug addicts......

Must be highly edifying to view all this from your lofty perch....

Oh, well...........16 years a steward, I’ve met all types.......
It took me less than 2 years as a steward to figure it out. LOL, I guess there IS a different affect between alcohol (me) and drugs (unknown).

LOL it is edifying and highly humorous too. Thank you for the entertainment. LOL.

I'm not sure I understand your question but I think you are asking how long has ABF 401k been with Teamsters Prudential institution? And that would be 6 or 7 years now. I can't remember the name of the previous 401k company at the moment but it was a well known financial institution. We changed last contract or the contract before that.
If I remember correctly 401k started in the late 90s but that was for ever
company at that time

Last edited:
I’m glad you’re getting entertained by slumming around with us crazies and drug addicts......

Agree, canary. That ‘lofty perch’ he’s on is right up there at jet-stream level. I love his innuendo, though. I don’t trust people who think their crap isn’t odoriferous, and who don’t self-deprecate once in a while. I’m adding him to that list. Oh...and the ignore list as well. Gotta go...heading out to the bank to deposit one of those pension checks. Darn things keep piling up around here.

Wall Street shysters? I'm no financial wizard by any means, but my own personal investments in "Wall Street" have done much better than what my pension funds have provided me.

Mine have done well also. My financial advisor (who is a fiduciary) has proven with market data that investments grow on average of 7% a year. That’s the average when you figure in the big swings up and down. My 401 has always been in targeted fund so even though I don’t direct it personally it is moved into safer investments as my retirement date grows closer. It’s done me fine so far. Way better than if I were actually in the fund my geographic location would land me in... Central States.

If I remember correctly 401k started in the late 90s but that was for ever
company at that time

For ABF, the 401(k) program started around ‘96?.......and somewhere around 2004 they switched from Fidelity to Prudential....

Mine have done well also. My financial advisor (who is a fiduciary) has proven with market data that investments grow on average of 7% a year. That’s the average when you figure in the big swings up and down. My 401 has always been in targeted fund so even though I don’t direct it personally it is moved into safer investments as my retirement date grows closer. It’s done me fine so far. Way better than if I were actually in the fund my geographic location would land me in... Central States.

And we wish you well with that , Bro. Song.......But the “proof of the pudding” , as it were.........is when you retire.....

I’m sure your financial advisor charges reasonable fees to manage your money.......I would think, for the “average” investor.......paying someone else to do the investing....would be the wisest course....

I, for one,....have no tolerance for “risking” my retirement money......so, if I were still working, and only had a 401(k).......I would probably choose a financial advisor, too.....

I've heard a few "horror stories" of guys either mis-planning or mis-managing their lump-sum payout going into retirement. I know of one, for sure,...who had to return to his former employer......

Keep employing that financial advisor as you ease into retirement, Brother.......We are all working people,...and whichever "vehicle" you retire with......should allow you a degree of comfort and safety.

Defined-benefit pensions used to do that,....but after a series of disastrous legislation and failures in Teamster "leadership",........we no longer have that......

Hopefully, in the future,....defined-contribution 401(k)'s won't draw the same scrutiny from unscrupulous people that defined-benefit pensions have.......

I wonder if he is in the same social circles as BubbaGump (who was banned) and Iam4us who has been awful "quite" as he would say..???

I liked Bubba Gump, he just couldn't play within the rules (I wish Jeff would let him back). And Iam4us cared to much what others thought of him (even when he was correct).

One of the many great things about being in control of your individual retirement account is the ability to pass unused funds on to your family after you die. Will a pension fund do that? For example, if my wife and I die 6 months after we retire our kids and grandkids will get our house, my rental properties, my personal possessions and my unused retirement funds, which will be over $7 figures. What will the pension fund contribute to your family's wellbeing after you die?

If you leave nothing to your family when you die, what kind of adult does that make you? Selfish, that is what. A person who only thinks of themself.

Last edited:
Let's discuss control of your future. Most of us joined a union company so we could have a say in our work rules; be treated with respect. How are you treated by your pension? Do you have any control of your retirement money?

With individual retirement accounts you choose where your money goes. How much you will receive upon your retirement. If you invest like Song, you can move your money to other investments vehicles, take it out of targeted funds (for any reason or no reason), if your paid financial advisor says your money will be safer in bonds than stocks, you have the ability to move them. What choices do you have with your pension?

I liked Bubba Gump, he just couldn't play within the rules (I wish Jeff would let him back). And Iam4us cared to much what others thought of him (even when he was correct).

One of the many great things about being in control of your individual retirement account is the ability to pass unused funds on to your family after you die. Will a pension fund do that? For example, if my wife and I die 6 months after we retire our kids and grandkids will get our house, my rental properties, my personal possessions and my unused retirement funds, which will be over $7 figures. What will the pension fund contribute to your family's wellbeing after you die?

If you leave nothing to your family when you die, what kind of adult does that make you? Selfish, that is what. A person who only thinks of themself.
Once a scumbag always a scumbag! I always thought you was a worthless teamster. Every time I hear you brag about how smart you are I think about how only dumb people brag about things like that. If I remember correctly you were the biggest crybaby ever around contract time when everyone was smashing your little feelings in the dirt. Go ahead and respond, you’re back on ignore idiot.

And we wish you well with that , Bro. Song.......But the “proof of the pudding” , as it were.........is when you retire.....

I’m sure your financial advisor charges reasonable fees to manage your money.......I would think, for the “average” investor.......paying someone else to do the investing....would be the wisest course....

I, for one,....have no tolerance for “risking” my retirement money......so, if I were still working, and only had a 401(k).......I would probably have to .....pay
Let's discuss control of your future. Most of us joined a union company so we could have a say in our work rules; be treated with respect. How are you treated by your pension? Do you have any control of your retirement money?

With individual retirement accounts you choose where your money goes. How much you will receive upon your retirement. If you invest like Song, you can move your money to other investments vehicles, take it out of targeted funds (for any reason or no reason), if your paid financial advisor says your money will be safer in bonds than stocks, you have the ability to move them. What choices do you have with your pension?

You are presuming all of your investments will be....successful.
And that in no time,....(or in old age....) you won’t be cheated out of your money.
.......or lose it in a “market adjustment “.....

You are also presuming that everyone on a defined-benefit pension.......is one pension check from financial disaster.....
That may not be the case.....probably in most instances.....

I have property and money to pass to my children......although not the “7 figures” you’re touting.......
Are you ranking the love you have for your progeny......by the amount of money you’re leaving them?

The choice I have with my pension check,...is to cash it.....
And my wife will continue to cash it after I’m gone....
I made that choice 40 some years ago, ......when defined-benefit pensions were the safest bet,.....in fact, the only bet,.....for a working man looking to the future.......

We are all very happy you’re pushing 7 figures.......You can probably afford that solid gold coffin you got your eye on..........That’s great that a working person can amass that much.....
But for those of us who don’t have the financial knowledge that you apparently do......(....and the luck.....Luck is a big part,...if you didn’t already know...)
........we just have to be content with a monthly check.......

Good Luck defending that pile of money......Might be a full time job in retirement........

Once a scumbag always a scumbag! I always thought you was a worthless teamster. Every time I hear you brag about how smart you are I think about how only dumb people brag about things like that. If I remember correctly you were the biggest crybaby ever around contract time when everyone was smashing your little feelings in the dirt. Go ahead and respond, you’re back on ignore idiot.
Poor little girl. sacs is afraid to manage his own money. Oh my how will he survive without others to care for him? A MAN makes his own decision and stands on his own feet. You are no MAN, just a frightened little girl. BO-HO poor little sacs (lowercase) afraid of taking responsibility for his money and his life. BO-HO.

Poor little girl. sacs is afraid to manage his own money. Oh my how will he survive without others to care for him? A MAN makes his own decision and stands on his own feet. You are no MAN, just a frightened little girl. BO-HO poor little sacs (lowercase) afraid of taking responsibility for his money and his life. BO-HO.
I knew I would get your goat. No one believes you! My job is done here! Waaaaaaaa!

I knew I would get your goat. No one believes you! My job is done here! Waaaaaaaa!
Poor baby. Everyone who voted yes on the contract (the majority of dues paying members) was not a true Teamster (according to cry baby sacs) because they didn't vote his way. Poor girl afraid of responsibility. Poor baby can't figure out how most people can plan for retirement. OH-MY what will baby sacs do when she gets retirement age? Beg money from the government? Yes! Begging is what baby sacs is good at; she has spent most of her life begging for one thing or another.

I, for one,....have no tolerance for “risking” my retirement money......so, if I were still working, and only had a 401(k).......I would probably have to .....pay

You are presuming all of your investments will be....successful.
And that in no time,....(or in old age....) you won’t be cheated out of your money.
.......or lose it in a “market adjustment “.....

You are also presuming that everyone on a defined-benefit pension.......is one pension check from financial disaster.....
That may not be the case.....probably in most instances.....

I have property and money to pass to my children......although not the “7 figures” you’re touting.......
Are you ranking the love you have for your progeny......by the amount of money you’re leaving them?

The choice I have with my pension check,...is to cash it.....
And my wife will continue to cash it after I’m gone....
I made that choice 40 some years ago, ......when defined-benefit pensions were the safest bet,.....in fact, the only bet,.....for a working man looking to the future.......

We are all very happy you’re pushing 7 figures.......You can probably afford that solid gold coffin you got your eye on..........That’s great that a working person can amass that much.....
But for those of us who don’t have the financial knowledge that you apparently do......(....and the luck.....Luck is a big part,...if you didn’t already know...)
........we just have to be content with a monthly check.......

Good Luck defending that pile of money......Might be a full time job in retirement........
Interesting how you use words like "That may not be the case.....probably in most instances....." and "You are also presuming that everyone on a defined-benefit pension....... " along with "in fact, the only bet,.....for a working man looking to the future.......". You sound like you had no choice (the only bet) and you may not be sure (use the word probably a lot). Funny, how you push fear of market fluctuations to try to manipulate people. Who are you trying to convince? Yourself or others?