TForce | Any new tractor news

Well heres a tidbit from the financial sector, Navistar is having troubles, they are reluctant and behind schedule on reporting the finances. Bet we get a good deal on shtspreaders soon. Go to NAV on the stock exchange for more info.

You do know the new NAV,S we are getting is the mellenium edition with the hand crank's on the front near the bumper.:hysterical: :hysterical:

All of there new tractors at ups have AC and power sterring and air ride. there macks fords and binders all have air ride.It is in the union contract. and the AC is fed law.I have no idea what you are talking about with the striped down models.the only think don't have is a am/fm radios. and most of there drivers just go and have a radio installed in the factory hole. all the tractors come with speakers. get real this is 2007. air ride is standard. and so is ac

I ran with a UPS driver last night who has a brand new Sterling. He has no stereo, No air ride cab or air ride suspension. Although he did say most are coming through with air ride suspension NOT air ride cab. Also did not have remote mirrors.

Grain of salt but the shop in PHO told me Tuesday that UPSF placed a order for Frieghtliners he didn't know how many but he told me that we were moving away from Volvo's.

Grain of salt but the shop in PHO told me Tuesday that UPSF placed a order for Frieghtliners he didn't know how many but he told me that we were moving away from Volvo's.
That sucks, I would rather drive the old cabover MACKS, than the freightliners.

That sucks, I would rather drive the old cabover MACKS, than the freightliners.

I would gladly drive anything, as long as I can run my run. Two runs in the last two weeks, but big old long nose over the road contractors go by us all the time with our box's behind them, or they hide the freight in unmarkes 53's so we "dont know" we are being run over.

I would gladly drive anything, as long as I can run my run. Two runs in the last two weeks, but big old long nose over the road contractors go by us all the time with our box's behind them, or they hide the freight in unmarkes 53's so we "dont know" we are being run over.

Depending on the freightliner they are not bad......

And you noticed this too? Went from seeing all these contractors to seeing a whole lot of OTR companies.......They really think we are that stupid?

Yes I agree, also looks like we will no longer be buying $hitsprdrs, any more, that is certainly a plus.I want a mack.

I'm with you I like the Mack's. I drove MH, CH and old F-Moel's. When I was in UPS package. I just like the Macks. For the past week I had a rental unit it was a Mack Vision it was nice but they had to take it back to Ryder.

Just as long as it is soon. My kidneys start their punishment as my christmas present. You thought I b!tched before....LOOK OUT GREEZY IS ON A TEAR!!!!!

We had some old Ford single axles at my terminal untill earlier this year,there all gone now.
We have Volvos now.
I did hear our repare technician say that the company is going to get rid of the 18000 series Vovols.
This won't make me a very happy camper.
I'm asigned one thats got just over 991,000 miles on it.
Its a good city horse,still runs very well with very few leaks.
It works for me on my route,I'm seldom on any expressways,so no need to run over 55 miles per hour.
I've always kept track of the milage everytime I fuel up.
I get between 6.5 & 7.2 average miles per gallon.
I don't think thats bad,with morning warm-ups depending how cold it is,its not bad at all for this tired old single axle city horse.

We had some old Ford single axles at my terminal untill earlier this year,there all gone now.
We have Volvos now.
I did hear our repare technician say that the company is going to get rid of the 18000 series Vovols.
This won't make me a very happy camper.
I'm asigned one thats got just over 991,000 miles on it.
Its a good city horse,still runs very well with very few leaks.
It works for me on my route,I'm seldom on any expressways,so no need to run over 55 miles per hour.
I've always kept track of the milage everytime I fuel up.
I get between 6.5 & 7.2 average miles per gallon.
I don't think thats bad,with morning warm-ups depending how cold it is,its not bad at all for this tired old single axle city horse.

Very few leak's, Mine is referred too in the office as the exxon valdeez. And only 991,000 miles you have a baby, mine shot over 1.5 mill. last month.:hysterical: :hysterical:

Nice! I'm jealous. I should be next in line and my boss says it'll be soon.

Out of all the years I have been here, I have only had to new tractors. The last volvo I had I put 1 million 50 thousand miles on it before I got the volvo I have now. Im at 800 thousand on this one. If they don't continue to buy volvo's I just assume put another million on it. Love that ride!

Out of all the years I have been here, I have only had to new tractors. The last volvo I had I put 1 million 50 thousand miles on it before I got the volvo I have now. Im at 800 thousand on this one. If they don't continue to buy volvo's I just assume put another million on it. Love that ride!

I dont think I'll get a new one but if our shop gets a couple new one's I'd get a hand me down Volvo.:thumbsup: