TForce | Any new tractor news

...not to mention that the new volvo's are so quiet inside the cab I can actually hear myself think ! A really well engineered piece of equipment.

Yes, Whenever my tractor is down and I drive a International. My back does really hurt and I can't hear a thing for a while. LOUD, These trucks belong on the Ryder Rental parking lot with a straight box on the back.

Yes, Whenever my tractor is down and I drive a International. My back does really hurt and I can't hear a thing for a while. LOUD, These trucks belong on the Ryder Rental parking lot with a straight box on the back.
Why do you think they make excellent school buses? You can't hear lil'Jimmy getting the snot beat out of him down back!!! All good.

So true ! I believe that was Mike M*****'s big idea to buy those cornbinders ! He asked one of the drivers what they thought of those things because it was his idea. Our guy said "You need your butt kicked" :hysterical: :hysterical:

I hooked to a UPS Freight pup just last week to do a two drop appoinment run.
It was still at our dock.
I noticed the nose pole was up,and I thought to myself,how nice was one of our inbound dock crew to think of doing that for us drivers.
I backed under it,checked to make sure the dog ear was all the way down over the pin release arm.
Than went to hook my air lines,and light cord .
When I noticed shocked?
There was no nose pole?
I noted the trailer info plate.
It was a Great Dane the built date was 6/05,the pup number was the 28 series,so its been in the system for awhile,we have 27,and 26 series now.
I see the Motor Cargos without poles all the time,that come through our terminal.
But this is a first for me to see one of the UPS Freight pups without one.
The next thing I thought was is someone in our company finally getting smart to get rid of this troublesome nose pole devise?
Than I cranked up my landing legs,did my pre trip,and off I went happy as could be.

One of the Bed,Bath,an Beyond stores we have appointed deliveries at has a very high dock.
When we first started delivering there I made up two wooden ramps to back up the pup tires on so the dock wouldn't be so high to our trailer floors.
Seeing us UPS Freight drivers are the ones that have to pull the skids off our trailers.
If the dock is higher than the pup floor its a real back breaker unloading.
I notice with the Motor Cargo pups,that the tires drop off the back of these ramps.
So when I back in I have to pull up about a foot to get the tires on the surface.
With the UPS freight pups the axles must be about a foot forward,and the tires rest just fine without any pull up.
I guess thats the difference in the safety poles on all the old Overnite,and the new UPS Freight pups.
Just the axle placement makes having the nose poles or not.
I haven't tryed delivering to that BB&B store with that poleless Great Dane pup.
I think it may have gone down the road with outbound already?

One of the Bed,Bath,an Beyond stores we have appointed deliveries at has a very high dock.
When we first started delivering there I made up two wooden ramps to back up the pup tires on so the dock wouldn't be so high to our trailer floors.
Seeing us UPS Freight drivers are the ones that have to pull the skids off our trailers.
If the dock is higher than the pup floor its a real back breaker unloading.
I notice with the Motor Cargo pups,that the tires drop off the back of these ramps.
So when I back in I have to pull up about a foot to get the tires on the surface.
With the UPS freight pups the axles must be about a foot forward,and the tires rest just fine without any pull up.
I guess thats the difference in the safety poles on all the old Overnite,and the new UPS Freight pups.
Just the axle placement makes having the nose poles or not.
I haven't tryed delivering to that BB&B store with that poleless Great Dane pup.
I think it may have gone down the road with outbound already?

We tell BB&B if they do not come into the trailer to help us pull the freight out when it is heavy for us too pull by ourselves,

that we are taking The freight back to the terminal. When they hear this they usually jump in and help out.

It is thier ins. carrier that will not allow them too come onto the truck at time of delivery for liability perposes, well if you fall and get hurt on thier dock, I am sure, and I will live it, If I get hurt it will cost them bigtime...... If the union makes it in ,Back of the truck regardless..... or no freight.

Apo, the 28 series trailer you saw was a rebranded MC. As for the height difference its in the tire size. "O" ran low profile tires so the trailer was either at dock height or a little lower.

Apo, the 28 series trailer you saw was a rebranded MC. As for the height difference its in the tire size. "O" ran low profile tires so the trailer was either at dock height or a little lower.

The axle placement is also in different places . Old O trailers are set forward compared to the MC and the newer trailers.

Took that old tractor they told me to use....OH WOW......I could not even maintain the speed limit with a 20k set of rockies. 63 on a totally flat road....65 on a down hill....And between Greenriver Utah and Grand Junction I might of hit 63 once or twice.....Also the truck was supposed to be deadlined due to an accident(SLC shop said or did nothing to let anyone know this, but he sure can turn our trucks down to 65)...Hole in the fuel tank that looked patched but stopped to drop the pup (not the right permits, shocking) and fuel is running out.....So needless to say I think I'll say thanks but no thanks and just work real hard to make sure my 2 axle can scale the 48'......

How can a dead lined piece of equipment be moved?
It should have a dead line tag,and also be dead lined out of service in the UPS freight computer system.
Sounds like an issue that should be discussed with your TM,and the safety department,in your region.
This is totaly against D.O.T. laws?
There are very heavy fines when something like this is going on.
If a driver ,and or supervisor knows this equipment is dead lined,in the computer,and runs it anyway.
Well all I can say is you better hope nothing happens when you are using it.

How can a dead lined piece of equipment be moved?
It should have a dead line tag,and also be dead lined out of service in the UPS freight computer system.
Sounds like an issue that should be discussed with your TM,and the safety department,in your region.
This is totaly against D.O.T. laws?
There are very heavy fines when something like this is going on.
If a driver ,and or supervisor knows this equipment is dead lined,in the computer,and runs it anyway.
Well all I can say is you better hope nothing happens when you are using it.
The only way our tractors are ever deadlined is if they won't start, Otherwise your good to go!!!:hysterical:

You guys are funny. Apo you crack me up with the UPSF computer system. A computer system is only as good as the information that it is given. A prime example of this is someone parked a dolly in front of the fire hydrant at the terminal. The manager tree'd the dolly number to see who had it last and it came up as being in Portland....... not Maine, but on the left coast, Oregon!! We are in New England. How does that happen? Or our part time Mr. No-Wrench mechanic telling me my tractor is way overdue for a PM when it was done a week before at a major hub. A sticker on the door the proof. But no record of it being in the computer. The right foot certainly doesn't know what the left foot is doing in this company. You know this would certainly fly as a sitcom, but not as an airline, we'd be grounded.