ABF | Arcbest for sale?

If I remember correctly, the corporate raiders were called “Razorback Accusations”.
The year was 1989 (I think)!!!
Thank God that Mr. Young III fought it and was able to keep the company or ABF would have been finished back then.
If only there were more people like Mr. Young III who actually cared about the people he employed more than he did the money!!!
I don’t think they make them like him anymore!!!
I think I U International tried to buy ABF, they also tried to buy O D.

Don't know if it is even possible but could Arcbest want to get out of unionized LTL and just spin off then sell ABF?
Keep the remaining asset light businesses???
Just a thought...
I guess Judy can if she wants to lose money...asset light has not been profitable at all and I think you know that also....plus one of the asset light companies is U Pack which ABF does at cost.....take ABF out of U Pack and you have another money losing asset light company....

I guess Judy can if she wants to lose money...asset light has not been profitable at all and I think you know that also....plus one of the asset light companies is U Pack which ABF does at cost.....take ABF out of U Pack and you have another money losing asset light company....
I’ve always wondered how good ABFs operating ratio would be if Upack was included

They keep trying to make light asset work even giving them asset based help (u pack) I think time keeper was also given to them….

seeking a little advice. Guys with lower seniority, does anyone think it’s time to start applying else where? I mean the future with this place is looking a little sketchy.

seeking a little advice. Guys with lower seniority, does anyone think it’s time to start applying else where? I mean the future with this place is looking a little sketchy.
Mites live on a chickens butt. They may or may not sale. Then again you're not promised tomorrow you might not wake up in the morning.

I’m working, I have a few guys below me that are still working. But I’m at a end of the line terminal that used to be 30 man, there’s been talk for a while that they want it down to 15 guys, and we’re at 20 as it sits now.

I’m working, I have a few guys below me that are still working. But I’m at a end of the line terminal that used to be 30 man, there’s been talk for a while that they want it down to 15 guys, and we’re at 20 as it sits now.
I’m not telling you what to do but I would stay if you’re working. Nothing really go on right now that it’s slow, heavy highway will start hiring now but that’s usually seasonal. I’m at a 20 man eol & we need to hire a guy, I would sort through what you’re hearing from other people about downsizing your board because it’s usually BS….

Pathetic
U Packs competitors make a profit but not U Pack? Odd..... I bet there is a reason...
I do not see the quarterly breakout I don't have that much free time. But my quick guess is she may be perfuming the you know what for sale???
Time will tell.

Pathetic
U Packs competitors make a profit but not U Pack? Odd..... I bet there is a reason...
I do not see the quarterly breakout I don't have that much free time. But my quick guess is she may be perfuming the you know what for sale???
Time will tell.
U pack makes a profit because ABF does it at cost....most of U Packs competitors are other LTL (Estes for instance, and I think OD)....so you take away the LTL that does it at cost (ABF) now U Pack is at a disadvantage compared to its competitors....do you understand now????? As far as perfuming ABF for a sale, that would be stupid as unionized ABF makes more profit and has a better OR than the asset light....

U pack makes a profit because ABF does it at cost....most of U Packs competitors are other LTL (Estes for instance, and I think OD)....so you take away the LTL that does it at cost (ABF) now U Pack is at a disadvantage compared to its competitors....do you understand now????? As far as perfuming ABF for a sale, that would be stupid as unionized ABF makes more profit and has a better OR than the asset light....
Stop your making sense, something he will never understand….

Not to mention but U Pack was taken off us years ago. He loves to post with zero knowledge of the subject….

You ASSUME I was talking about LTL carriers in the moving business. I'm talking about PODS, Rat Pack & Smartbox type services. They do quite well..
I have never read anywhere that ABF handles UPAC for cost. Not sure what that does to make ABF LTL more attractive to a buyer. Maybe it does.. Whatever..
It seems that many experts in the industry believe ABF may be for sale.
Personally I doubt it as history proves it is a death wish to purchase a union LTL Carrier.
Unless you have a list of success stories you can share with the group???
I cannot think of a single one.....

I don't see anything 'Sketchy' about a company that is profitable & the stock has performed quite well. I was with the company through three major acquisitons & a takeover attempt. My pension & benefits were all paid & I have been getting pension checks for several years. I could not have worked for a better employer. There are many in the trucking industry that would like to have your job. There are always layoffs when freight is slow. There are many ABF employees who are near retirement age so you should move up on the seniority board rather quickly.