ABF | Arcbest for sale?

Does ABF furnish walkers? asking for Tri. :6799:
Several lower seniority men tried to kick me out of the door several years before I retired. I told them I was going to stay for many more years & check myself into the nursing home that is next door to the terminal. When I got too old to drive to work I could ride a mobility chair across the yard to the time clock.

Or she needs to understand the history of the industry.
She will immediately see that every teamster carrier fails for some reason or another...
Follow the science......
Judy is a major reason ABF celebrated 100 years last year. We have dodged some bullets but we are still standing. I have confidence ABF will still be moving freight when I draw my last breath.

There was a group from New York that attempted the takeover. I think one of the raiders was named Goldman. They acquired almost 10% of the stock then made an offer on the stock which was undervalued. They made millions from the deal. It was reported the group was interested in some vacant property ABF owned, probably from the Navajo acquistion. When they researched the owner they saw the assets of the company was worth much more than the current stock price. I don't know how many were involved or where they obtained the funding. There is a saying here in the hills that comes to mind, they cut a fat hog.
Their plan was to either run the company for a few years, pocket the profits with no investment in growth or improvements or sell their stock for a huge profit.
Mr. Young could have sold his part of the company & retired wealthy. I am glad he chose to keep the company.
I think the takeover group took on the name Razorback Acquisition as a slap in the face to this state & the company which had it's roots here.
A history lesson, the man behind the takeover attempt was Emanuel Pearlman. He was a young man at the time of the takeover attempt but he managed to secure enough loans to buy the stock. I think the figure was $235 million.

Didn’t ABF buy Carolina? And wasn’t Carolina a bigger company at the time? What if ABF bought T-force. Shut the company down, sold off what they didn’t want. Then told the at-force guys to apply if they want a job.

Didn’t ABF buy Carolina? And wasn’t Carolina a bigger company at the time? What if ABF bought T-force. Shut the company down, sold off what they didn’t want. Then told the at-force guys to apply if they want a job.
I doubt that would happen seeing as they are teamsters also.

It would be interesting to see which contact is used if a merger were to happen.

Carolina Freight was not as large a freight company as ABF. Carolina/Worldway was the corporation that owned Carolina, Cardinal Freight & some more companies. I will have to think back what the other holdings were. Arkansas Best eventually sold Cardinal which was one of the only profitable companies owned by Carolina/Worldway. ABF had terminals & freight service in all states, Carolina did not. ABf bought Navajo Freight in the late 70's just before deregulation which was a larger company than ABF. That acquisiton gave ABF real estate & operating rights in the Western US which we did not have. ABF also bought East Texas Motor Freight before buying Carolina. The company's reasoning, like most of the business world is that to survive a company must have growth.

Oh good grief I suppose you still believe in the Easter bunny as well

Please stop talking about this crap again!🙄🙄 it’s not happening….and ABF doesn’t want it to happen! That would be the end of both companies! T-force is heading in the wrong direction…I needed a bulb for my headlight last night and they had to take it from another tractor that was waiting for repairs… and this is a major hub…..

You made your point. You're a dumb ass
Explain to me how, exactly, by continuing to work past his retirement age that DCM Doc is a dumb ass as you call it. There could be multiple reasons for him hanging around as he did. I know that I will most likely stay until I am 65 simply to keep the full insurance package for my type-1 diabetic wife who also happens to be a cancer survivor.
Or, maybe he just enjoyed what he was doing!!!
Here at the Rock, we currently have a road driver that has 58-years in.
And a city driver that will have 47-years worked in early April.
And they are both still going strong!!!

Anything is for sale for the Right Price !!
Art Animation GIF by Explainly