ABF | Arcbest for sale?

Explain to me how, exactly, by continuing to work past his retirement age that DCM Doc is a dumb ass as you call it. There could be multiple reasons for him hanging around as he did. I know that I will most likely stay until I am 65 simply to keep the full insurance package for my type-1 diabetic wife who also happens to be a cancer survivor.
Or, maybe he just enjoyed what he was doing!!!
Here at the Rock, we currently have a road driver that has 58-years in.
And a city driver that will have 47-years worked in early April.
And they are both still going strong!!!
I know the road driver & city driver you mentioned. I have known several who worked past what is considered to normal retirement age because they liked their job, some for medical insurance for a family member like you, some who had worked for a failed company & wanted to put in enough time for their pension.
ABF has hired many that other employers would consider old. They did not have to be trained, did their job well & were safe drivers.
I retired at 63 which was the earliest I could afford to & still pay medical insurance till my wife & I could get on medicare.
I try to bring a little humor on this board especially about myself & my age. I did not plan on staying in the nursing home & riding a mobility scooter on the yard to punch the time clock. Staying mad & attacking others is not healthy.

Last edited:
IMG_5517.md.png
All I know about ABF is,….they didn’t do, what YRC did. The proof is in the puddin
F@k that SC. It gave lots of junior people an opportunity to drive but moved my route and 30 other driving jobs 26 miles away during a down economy. I hope it all works out and we get more routes back at 003/KCI but I'm not going to hold my breath.

So what do you think of this????
TFI HAS bought a lot of ABF stock.

image000000.md.jpeg
I would like to clarify. I’m not from this terminal or from South Carolina. I’m from California and this was sent to me by a fellow ABF Road Driver who got it from s.c. I’m posting this to see any one knows more about this??? Or if any one knows Edgar Thompson, from local 776 to let us know what this is about

I know the road driver & city driver you mentioned. I have known several who worked past what is considered to normal retirement age because they liked their job, some for medical insurance for a family member like you, some who had worked for a failed company & wanted to put in enough time for their pension.
ABF has hired many that other employers would consider old. They did not have to be trained, did their job well & were safe drivers.
I retired at 63 which was the earliest I could afford to & still pay medical insurance till my wife & I could get on medicare.
I try to bring a little humor on this board especially about myself & my age. I did not plan on staying in the nursing home & riding a mobility scooter on the yard to punch the time clock. Staying mad & attacking others is not healthy.
We certainly need to look out for old folks like you and Tri. :lmao:

Rumors previously swirled about TFI circling ArcBest last year, after TFI disclosed it had purchased stock in the competitor’s business. But negotiations over new union contracts with ABF Freight and TForce Freight workers got in the way, TFI Chairman, President and CEO Alain Bédard told analysts.

If ArcBest’s maneuver is successful, it could clear a path for a merger between the last two big union LTL carriers, said longtime industry observer Satish Jindel, president of SJ Consulting Group.

Judy-Worried.md.jpeg
Judy says TFI has deep pockets, and if the price is right....who knows?

Rumors previously swirled about TFI circling ArcBest last year, after TFI disclosed it had purchased stock in the competitor’s business. But negotiations over new union contracts with ABF Freight and TForce Freight workers got in the way, TFI Chairman, President and CEO Alain Bédard told analysts.

If ArcBest’s maneuver is successful, it could clear a path for a merger between the last two big union LTL carriers, said longtime industry observer Satish Jindel, president of SJ Consulting Group.

Judy-Worried.md.jpeg
Judy says TFI has deep pockets, and if the price is right....who knows?
Year old….

Crystal Ball GIF by Fall Out Boy

Another psychic predicting with his crystal ball....