Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Annoyed

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Instigator

Gee, This Is Fun
Credits
To those of us who actually work here...
Are you bored/tired/disgusted/amused/bemused/disinterested/comically fascinated by what these thugs have dragged this board down into recently?
Yes, thugs. Not union-friendly "organizers".
This is for EMPLOYEES of Con-way Freight.
This is not for union sympathizers to spew their vitriol.
Let's see how that works out.:Poke::popcorn:

i highly doubt anyone formed a union and this is just all amusing to me.

Ummm, the smart answer is unions were formed in the late 1800's in Germany. So I am pretty sure that happened already.

However LLA does indeed have a vote scheduled. A vote is the first step of a mountain climb. They have to get a majority to vote yes.

Then they have to negotiate a deal with the people they choose to represent them. Yes you actually make a contract with the Local.

Once arrangements for representation are agreed to, they begin to attempt to bargain with the employer.

Then if ever a deal is reached you need to get a majority vote yes to approve that deal. After all of that you have yourself a union barn.

Can take anywhere from two years to infinity.

It would be nice for Conway people to discuss issues in our company without outside interference. Union? Don't care one way or the other. Let the drivers decide. I do respect YRC-ATM for stepping in. Shows integrity. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax.

If I accidentally voted five times would that be considered voter fraud for this poll to reject allegedly non friendly union organizers ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could really care less what this board has come to. It's no worse than what this worthless shell of a trucking company has come to lately. Con-Way deserves every bit of what it's getting.

Could really care less what this board has come to. It's no worse than what this worthless shell of a trucking company has come to lately. Con-Way deserves every bit of what it's getting.

Yep. Bring in a bunch of minorities to do your dock work and all the sudden a union fire breaks out.

Well no crap. What were they thinking? They have to have advisors and stuff to tell them about stuff like this.

I mean if us dumb*** drivers saw it coming.... they had to have ? Right ?

To those of us who actually work here...
Are you bored/tired/disgusted/amused/bemused/disinterested/comically fascinated by what these thugs have dragged this board down into recently?
Yes, thugs. Not union-friendly "organizers".
This is for EMPLOYEES of Con-way Freight.
This is not for union sympathizers to spew their vitriol.
Let's see how that works out.:Poke::popcorn:
hey if you don't want to read a union thread then don't read it.

Ummm, the smart answer is unions were formed in the late 1800's in Germany. So I am pretty sure that happened already.

However LLA does indeed have a vote scheduled. A vote is the first step of a mountain climb. They have to get a majority to vote yes.

Then they have to negotiate a deal with the people they choose to represent them. Yes you actually make a contract with the Local.

Once arrangements for representation are agreed to, they begin to attempt to bargain with the employer.

Then if ever a deal is reached you need to get a majority vote yes to approve that deal. After all of that you have yourself a union barn.

Can take anywhere from two years to infinity.

Everything is pretty much correct but there is no contract with the local! After the vote the local union representing that unit will send out proposals to everyone in that barn to see WHAT YOU WANT IN YOUR CONTRACT!

And under the law of the land and the NLRB that said contract has to be negotiated with in ONE year of the date of certification, that certification comes within 10 days of the day of the election.

Not infinity like highspeeds try's to lie to you with... ONE YEAR and the company HAS to under federal law sit and negotiate a contract.

yea, and just think the union vote happening at LLA is being run by border jumpers Hmm...

Easy there big guy with the unwarranted accusations ... Of who's running what down here, your comment needs to be redacted and next time put your post into appropriate form instead of labels ! Savvy

Everything is pretty much correct but there is no contract with the local! After the vote the local union representing that unit will send out proposals to everyone in that barn to see WHAT YOU WANT IN YOUR CONTRACT!

And under the law of the land and the NLRB that said contract has to be negotiated with in ONE year of the date of certification, that certification comes within 10 days of the day of the election.

Not infinity like highspeeds try's to lie to you with... ONE YEAR and the company HAS to under federal law sit and negotiate a contract.

They had better have a contract with the union. Get it in writing how much for dues. What they can be used for. When to negotiate. Who to do the negotiations. Which arbitrators to use. Guys get a lawyer. Get it in writing and have in renew every contract so that you can continue to change negotiate or alter the agreement as needed.

And there are various ways that the company the employees or the union can cause it to go beyond one year. For example: a failed vote along the way.

I thought you were done making promises claims and guarantees ? Don't tell them one year if it's not true.