XPO | ATTENTION Conway-Freight Drivers/Potential Future Drivers

I have been with conway for 5 yrs...Almost every reason I had for taking this job conway has taken away..1% co-pay on the medical gone! Pension plan frozen,,,basically gone!!! Pension plan replaced with a 6% match in youre 401k now reduced to 3 %... 2 weeks vacation and 5 personal days are being stolen from me...thats right STOLEN..no matter how they sugercoat the new policy its down right theft..so much for the core values...and last but not least a few weeks after they pay us an icp bonus they cut our pay 5%..no matter how small the bonus was it was still a bonus that means they made a profit.....in my opinion they cut our pay because "they can" .. If this was a union shop and they had to open thier books to the union this would of never even came to a vote....and being a senior driver youre losing even more...up to 6 weeks vacation and up to 8% in youre 401k..
and the way the icp is set up a driver gets $134.00 but upper management...they ones that made the pay cut decisions...get thousands...do you think thier icp covered thier paycut...I do...I just cant have the attitude" OH WELL I STILL HAVE A JOB" anymore..We the drivers are being punished for bad management at the top level...Conway claims they want to be thier own bank and they only have 250 million dollars of available cash not to mention assets like terminals and trucks none of them being leased they own everything. But they want to have 700 million of available cash and they are stealing thats right STEALING it from us..
When will we drivers say enough is enough....and remember lets get that 1 more shipment

Well, it appears the recruitment drive is going well...

you know whats sad....i really liked no loved this job...but i think they have finally taken more than i am willing to give..maybe a tranfer to cfi might be better for me...as far as freight...i no longer can trust them...

Like the commercial says..."Chew on this." With all the complaining/crying:ranting2: that i read on here, I'm surprised that any of you cry babies still work here. But you know what...5 years from now the same complaining/crying drivers will still be here. And those same people will still be complaining/crying about the same things. These people are never happy, not with their home life and not with their work life. Do you REALLY feel that you have it so bad? Have you not seen the news, read the local or national news papers, looked at the stock market? Have you ever done true research on the job market. Please allow me to enlighten you complaining/crying people for just a moment. Did you know that as a Conway Driver, you make more money than the national average(Based on the CCX Pay)?? Thats right ladies and gentlmen...according to the national average, we make $11,300.00 more. Did you know that not only from a monetary standpoint do we do better than most, but we also have a benefits package to boot. There's not a day that goes by that I don't read somewhere that companys, city workers, teachers, county workers, elected officials are having their pay cut, their benefits cut back and in some cases cut off. Have you people seen all the companies that are closing the doors? Closing the doors and refusing to pay any retirement benefits to it's employees and sometimes losing their employees retirement. You think it's bad here...try going to work for someone else. Thats right, go on, the door will be open on your way out, just like it was open when you came in. And when you do leave, and you truely see whats out there or lack there of, maybe then you will have a deeper appreciation for what you have or had at Conway. Conway Freight is a great place to work, filled with (For the most part) good quality drivers, managers and people who really care. And guess what? As a Conway Freight Driver, you make more money and have better benefits than a person with a Bachelors degree 5 years out of school. But I guess no matter what I say, or point out, your rebuttals will be of some crying/complaining issues that pertains to just the individual speaking, like "I hate my uniform!" or "They made me tuck in my shirt!". So go on and quit, look for employment else where, I will move up another spot, I won't have to listen to you cry, and we all will be better off. A negative attitude spreads like cancer, something we all want to avoid and not surround ourselves with.
if this FINE company that we work for would have the same rules for every one then mabey the MORAL would go up...you can't just keep on takeing away some ones pay and bennies ie:5% pay cut NO PENSION and not to mention the 401K and expext everyone to be HAPPY???? yes we are glad we have a JOB!!

Guys, I spent 12 yrs. here trying to co-exist with all the idiocy and lies that are spit out in your face and they believe that we should roll over and cry mommy! How many major screw-ups by mgmnt. keep on going while a dsr gets LOI just for being near, and or, associated with something that goes wrong! Jerry Detter had his faults but he knew where his beginnings were and never forgot that! People that have never done what we have don't know how to relate to what we go through.I have moved on and realized that all we do is what we make of it!!!!!! There are too many company suck a$$es that will never stand up and speak their voice and that is a big problem. When the voice gets loud enough they WILL listen! If nobody believes me then ask Gov from XMD what my values are! But,unfortunately, a person can only take so much and it time to go on with your life! Been proud to work with many a great driver here and that is the part of Con-Way that I will never miss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the commercial says..."Chew on this." With all the complaining/crying:ranting2: that i read on here, I'm surprised that any of you cry babies still work here. But you know what...5 years from now the same complaining/crying drivers will still be here. And those same people will still be complaining/crying about the same things. These people are never happy, not with their home life and not with their work life. Do you REALLY feel that you have it so bad? Have you not seen the news, read the local or national news papers, looked at the stock market? Have you ever done true research on the job market. Please allow me to enlighten you complaining/crying people for just a moment. Did you know that as a Conway Driver, you make more money than the national average(Based on the CCX Pay)?? Thats right ladies and gentlmen...according to the national average, we make $11,300.00 more. Did you know that not only from a monetary standpoint do we do better than most, but we also have a benefits package to boot. There's not a day that goes by that I don't read somewhere that companys, city workers, teachers, county workers, elected officials are having their pay cut, their benefits cut back and in some cases cut off. Have you people seen all the companies that are closing the doors? Closing the doors and refusing to pay any retirement benefits to it's employees and sometimes losing their employees retirement. You think it's bad here...try going to work for someone else. Thats right, go on, the door will be open on your way out, just like it was open when you came in. And when you do leave, and you truely see whats out there or lack there of, maybe then you will have a deeper appreciation for what you have or had at Conway. Conway Freight is a great place to work, filled with (For the most part) good quality drivers, managers and people who really care. And guess what? As a Conway Freight Driver, you make more money and have better benefits than a person with a Bachelors degree 5 years out of school. But I guess no matter what I say, or point out, your rebuttals will be of some crying/complaining issues that pertains to just the individual speaking, like "I hate my uniform!" or "They made me tuck in my shirt!". So go on and quit, look for employment else where, I will move up another spot, I won't have to listen to you cry, and we all will be better off. A negative attitude spreads like cancer, something we all want to avoid and not surround ourselves with.

I didn't think we were allowed to call each other names like "crybaby" Mr. moderater Guess it depends on who you are

I thought it is all one company .Why is it that you pointed out that you work for ccx . Just to let you know I dont make the big bucks working at southern for more than 20 years .I wish I did make your pay .That is why I will Not run linehaul anymore because I will not go to the next yard and work beside a driver making 2.35 per hour more than me .Just my thought ,but I am not going any where I am happy with my job and little money.

I'm sorry lost cause but your handle says it all. My grandfather had the same poster on hiss wall,and he explained what it meant to him He was a veteran of ww2 and served proudly with the 101 airborne.....Maybe we aren,t crying just angry with the false promises from corp. am. When I came on to conway 22 years ago ,long before box man and probably you I could have gone with other co. that were union co. or I could have gone with a non union co...conway, my father who worked with the union for many years told me the unionj sold out the good worker when they decided to protect lazy drivers, thiefs and drug users.........all of which I am against. but I am also against a board of directors and ceo who have a lucrative retirement and bonus pkg. I really don't know where you are from but in Ca. our county,city and state workers have not taken any cuts in their programs and don,t intend too....I've just been saddled with around 1200.00 per year in extra fees and water and power have doubled in the past 2 years........for me It won't be to hard to absorb except the lost retirement, but for drivers in southern ca. who have families with children the cost of med. and cost of living it will really hurt them. I'm not a crybaby and I'll still give my job 110% of my effort but I think the c o. is completly wrong on what they have done.....without us the board nad ceo wouldn't have a job.....tough times or not.......no please excuse me but my daughter and I have a plane to catch to loisiana to help the less fortunate people, hope to see you and boxboss there.....but I'm sure I won't......

I'm sorry lost cause but your handle says it all. My grandfather had the same poster on hiss wall,and he explained what it meant to him He was a veteran of ww2 and served proudly with the 101 airborne.....Maybe we aren,t crying just angry with the false promises from corp. am. When I came on to conway 22 years ago ,long before box man and probably you I could have gone with other co. that were union co. or I could have gone with a non union co...conway, my father who worked with the union for many years told me the unionj sold out the good worker when they decided to protect lazy drivers, thiefs and drug users.........all of which I am against. but I am also against a board of directors and ceo who have a lucrative retirement and bonus pkg. I really don't know where you are from but in Ca. our county,city and state workers have not taken any cuts in their programs and don,t intend too....I've just been saddled with around 1200.00 per year in extra fees and water and power have doubled in the past 2 years........for me It won't be to hard to absorb except the lost retirement, but for drivers in southern ca. who have families with children the cost of med. and cost of living it will really hurt them. I'm not a crybaby and I'll still give my job 110% of my effort but I think the c o. is completly wrong on what they have done.....without us the board and ceo wouldn't have a job.....tough times or not.......now please excuse me but my daughter and I have a plane to catch to Louisiana to help the less fortunate people, hope to see you and boxboss there.....but I'm sure I won't......

I'm sorry lost cause but your handle says it all. My grandfather had the same poster on hiss wall,and he explained what it meant to him He was a veteran of ww2 and served proudly with the 101 airborne.....Maybe we aren,t crying just angry with the false promises from corp. am. When I came on to conway 22 years ago ,long before box man and probably you I could have gone with other co. that were union co. or I could have gone with a non union co...conway, my father who worked with the union for many years told me the unionj sold out the good worker when they decided to protect lazy drivers, thiefs and drug users.........all of which I am against. but I am also against a board of directors and ceo who have a lucrative retirement and bonus pkg. I really don't know where you are from but in Ca. our county,city and state workers have not taken any cuts in their programs and don,t intend too....I've just been saddled with around 1200.00 per year in extra fees and water and power have doubled in the past 2 years........for me It won't be to hard to absorb except the lost retirement, but for drivers in southern ca. who have families with children the cost of med. and cost of living it will really hurt them. I'm not a crybaby and I'll still give my job 110% of my effort but I think the c o. is completly wrong on what they have done.....without us the board nad ceo wouldn't have a job.....tough times or not.......no please excuse me but my daughter and I have a plane to catch to loisiana to help the less fortunate people, hope to see you and boxboss there.....but I'm sure I won't......

Please don't look for me in Louisiana...a little far away, plus there are plenty of people here who are less fortunate and need of my help..

Japedo

my grandfather had a sign that used to hang over his workshop when i was about so tall, and i never forgot it, or at least i remember it when i am getting ready to spew to the world about my problems:

"i had no shoes and complained, then i met a man who had no feet."

food for thought....

was he a cobbler??

hey Boxboss

My grandfather had a sign that used to hang over his workshop when I was about so tall, and I never forgot it, or at least I remember it when I am getting ready to spew to the world about my problems:

"I had no shoes and complained, then I met a man who had no feet."

Food for thought....

That is my favorite saying...................I say it all of the time when people cry where I work.....:smilie_132:

:hide: Sounds like you MAY have been employed with Conway for about 5 years!:smilie_132:

Mr marty will begin inspections starting monday. He will be checking the uniform and then our under garments. Hope i can fart in his face.

Have a good weekend everybody

Mr marty will begin inspections starting monday. He will be checking the uniform and then our under garments. Hope i can fart in his face.

Have a good weekend everybody

I wanna know if he snaps his rubber gloves when he puts them on.

cry babies

funny how many there are. good post i agree 100 %:smilie_132: