XPO | ATTENTION Conway-Freight Drivers/Potential Future Drivers

The economy is bad. In fact it is very bad, and trust me conway will inform you of this everytime you ask a question. My question is this... Should that stop you from wanting to be treated with integrity? Does that mean that I cant make a plan because I am mearly conway meat? Ok so we get paid really good. Does that mean that they can walk over you every chance they get? Hold the driver accountable for every action, but as soon as the supervisor or any other upper management screws up still hold the driver accountable.

Just because I get paid really good doesnt mean that I am going to take less respect. I appreciate the job and working with the majority of the dsrs I work with, but im not the one thats going to be sucked into the conway story of thank god that you are doing something. So until the upper management can get their mess together u are going to have complaining and it will never end because in their eyes we are just freight movers, in which would be no problem if they would have told me in my interview that I should expect no respect and be ready to only move frieght at all cost, But I was told I was a professional driver which means that I do Know a Bit about what Im doing. Or at least I think I do...lol:flame:

Mr marty will begin inspections starting monday. He will be checking the uniform and then our under garments. Hope i can fart in his face.

Have a good weekend everybody

Start eating some pinto beans Sunday afternoon.

Then for dinner go to taco bell.

You should be ready Monday Morning.

Like the commercial says..."Chew on this." With all the complaining/crying:ranting2: that i read on here, I'm surprised that any of you cry babies still work here. But you know what...5 years from now the same complaining/crying drivers will still be here. And those same people will still be complaining/crying about the same things. These people are never happy, not with their home life and not with their work life. Do you REALLY feel that you have it so bad? Have you not seen the news, read the local or national news papers, looked at the stock market? Have you ever done true research on the job market. Please allow me to enlighten you complaining/crying people for just a moment. Did you know that as a Conway Driver, you make more money than the national average(Based on the CCX Pay)?? Thats right ladies and gentlmen...according to the national average, we make $11,300.00 more. Did you know that not only from a monetary standpoint do we do better than most, but we also have a benefits package to boot. There's not a day that goes by that I don't read somewhere that companys, city workers, teachers, county workers, elected officials are having their pay cut, their benefits cut back and in some cases cut off. Have you people seen all the companies that are closing the doors? Closing the doors and refusing to pay any retirement benefits to it's employees and sometimes losing their employees retirement. You think it's bad here...try going to work for someone else. Thats right, go on, the door will be open on your way out, just like it was open when you came in. And when you do leave, and you truely see whats out there or lack there of, maybe then you will have a deeper appreciation for what you have or had at Conway. Conway Freight is a great place to work, filled with (For the most part) good quality drivers, managers and people who really care. And guess what? As a Conway Freight Driver, you make more money and have better benefits than a person with a Bachelors degree 5 years out of school. But I guess no matter what I say, or point out, your rebuttals will be of some crying/complaining issues that pertains to just the individual speaking, like "I hate my uniform!" or "They made me tuck in my shirt!". So go on and quit, look for employment else where, I will move up another spot, I won't have to listen to you cry, and we all will be better off. A negative attitude spreads like cancer, something we all want to avoid and not surround ourselves with.

Lost Cause, I have to say Well put, I agree with you 110 percent of the way, good job my friend

I'm going to just jump in on the war thing.Do you remember a little thing called 9/11, the USS COLE , The world trade centers first hit, the many attack on American targets all over the world. Now after all that I just said should we fight or throw up the flag. We did nothing in the 1990's and paid for with blood. So I'm looking to you for the answer? Fight or run and hide. For me I say fight and take out every pin head that would do us harm. I believe that so strongly that I'm going over in a month. If you don't believe me just call Dave M and ask him or call XMD.

Hey Gov, God Speed, be safe and we will be praying for you and your comrades safe return, take care and keep your head down

When people say Conway drivers earn more than something with a bachelors degree and 5 years experience can you show me where you get those figures? When calculating salaries you must do that strictly on 40 hours because a degreed worker usually is salary.

Like the commercial says..."Chew on this." With all the complaining/crying:ranting2: that i read on here, I'm surprised that any of you cry babies still work here. But you know what...5 years from now the same complaining/crying drivers will still be here. And those same people will still be complaining/crying about the same things. These people are never happy, not with their home life and not with their work life. Do you REALLY feel that you have it so bad? Have you not seen the news, read the local or national news papers, looked at the stock market? Have you ever done true research on the job market. Please allow me to enlighten you complaining/crying people for just a moment. Did you know that as a Conway Driver, you make more money than the national average(Based on the CCX Pay)?? Thats right ladies and gentlmen...according to the national average, we make $11,300.00 more. Did you know that not only from a monetary standpoint do we do better than most, but we also have a benefits package to boot. There's not a day that goes by that I don't read somewhere that companys, city workers, teachers, county workers, elected officials are having their pay cut, their benefits cut back and in some cases cut off. Have you people seen all the companies that are closing the doors? Closing the doors and refusing to pay any retirement benefits to it's employees and sometimes losing their employees retirement. You think it's bad here...try going to work for someone else. Thats right, go on, the door will be open on your way out, just like it was open when you came in. And when you do leave, and you truely see whats out there or lack there of, maybe then you will have a deeper appreciation for what you have or had at Conway. Conway Freight is a great place to work, filled with (For the most part) good quality drivers, managers and people who really care. And guess what? As a Conway Freight Driver, you make more money and have better benefits than a person with a Bachelors degree 5 years out of school. But I guess no matter what I say, or point out, your rebuttals will be of some crying/complaining issues that pertains to just the individual speaking, like "I hate my uniform!" or "They made me tuck in my shirt!". So go on and quit, look for employment else where, I will move up another spot, I won't have to listen to you cry, and we all will be better off. A negative attitude spreads like cancer, something we all want to avoid and not surround ourselves with.

Oh Lord!!!...

Yeah I make more than the average Bachelors degree...have you actually see what they do? Teachers...city administrators and tax funded ne'er do wells setting on the collective asses accomplishing nothing but adding to the red tape stupidity engulfing our society. The average John Doe off the street can do much better than those degreed individuals. The only reason the job requires one is the Good Ole Boys network of one-up-manship...saying I a have a degree and you don't!...therefore I am qualified...

So what?

So far as the crying....Con-Way is an 'I am all that operation!'

This company is so full of themselves they refuse to see the detrimental effects their knee jerk decisions are having on the employees. They have in one stroke of the pen decimated the long term employees of Con-Way and without any concern for their welfare.

The post made mention of the wages we make...guess what???...thats all that is left!

There is no reason to continue on with this company...

They have removed any motivation for the employees to care about the continuity of Con-Way...

We have been relegated to performing our duties due to economical necessity as opposed to being members of the 'best of the best'.

I now recoil with a sense of embarassment when people ask me where I work! Our trucks look like an old worn out Barnum & Bailey Circus convoy going down the road. Nothing matches. Our equipment resembles the old CF junk. Everday I see OD, Fed-Ex, R&L et. al. trucks on the road and we are they only ones outside YRC without matching and good looking equipment!

We look pathetic!

When I came to work for this company I was given to understand we had certain values and commitments we would never violate. I was told this is a company one could count on for retirement.

Somewhere along the line someone changed the rules...

As Bruce M. so eloquently puts it "like it or leave."

Just wait until the economy improves and you won't have to strain to hear the crickets chirping at Con-Way.

Rat :loser:

:hide: Sounds like you MAY have been employed with Conway for about 5 years!:smilie_132:

Hey now.. I think I'm the only one here who admits I've only been here 5 years. OK, a little over that but I think most inflate their seniority. I worked at an almost original barn and there are not too many 20+ year people at this company, yet all on the boards say 20, 23, or 24 years of service. Not calling you out longtime but people tend to inflate things here especially YOS. I suspect some of the 20+ year people on the boards are waiting for me to get two before they can leave.

I've worked at 3 barns and can come up with 14 20+ year drivers out of about 220 and 2 have since retired. You would need 1988 or possible 1989 to reach that mark. That would equal about 5%-6% that still are here and I'm in an area with old terminals. Yet, it seems like 20-30% of Con-way Truckingboards members are 20+ year employees. Oddly enough, the one with the most 20+ was the smallest. XER, Erie, Pa. About 6 or 7 out of 28 - 30 with one retired. I have seen the XPB seniority roster and that had the highest number of senior drivers I have seen. XCL, XCO, XAY, XAC, XAQ and XTO had quite a few as well, but I feel many exaggerate seniority on here. I know two who do personally and know about 6 - 8 people on here total.

Hey now.. I think I'm the only one here who admits I've only been here 5 years. OK, a little over that but I think most inflate their seniority. I worked at an almost original barn and there are not too many 20+ year people at this company, yet all on the boards say 20, 23, or 24 years of service. Not calling you out longtime but people tend to inflate things here especially YOS. I suspect some of the 20+ year people on the boards are waiting for me to get two before they can leave.

I've worked at 3 barns and can come up with 14 20+ year drivers out of about 220 and 2 have since retired. You would need 1988 or possible 1989 to reach that mark. That would equal about 5%-6% that still are here and I'm in an area with old terminals. Yet, it seems like 20-30% of Con-way Truckingboards members are 20+ year employees. Oddly enough, the one with the most 20+ was the smallest. XER, Erie, Pa. About 6 or 7 out of 28 - 30 with one retired. I have seen the XPB seniority roster and that had the highest number of senior drivers I have seen. XCL, XCO, XAY, XAC, XAQ and XTO had quite a few as well, but I feel many exaggerate seniority on here. I know two who do personally and know about 6 - 8 people on here total.

You mean people on the internet lie? Come on!!! You mean people lie about how long they've been employed, things they have, positions they hold etc? I think your telling a lie about lying.:biglaugh: Within a couple days online you can find everyone from senior management/ceo's/navy seals/adult movie stars to regular honest hardworking truck drivers & blue collar people. And that's just in my profile!

Much sarcasm intended.

The funniest people are the ones who lie so bad they stick up for other people lies and will verify their lies in hopes for future verification of another lie.

"It's not a lie, if you believe it"

George Louis Costanza

You mean people on the internet lie? Come on!!! You mean people lie about how long they've been employed, things they have, positions they hold etc? I think your telling a lie about lying.:biglaugh: Within a couple days online you can find everyone from senior management/ceo's/navy seals/adult movie stars to regular honest hardworking truck drivers & blue collar people. And that's just in my profile!

Much sarcasm intended.

The funniest people are the ones who lie so bad they stick up for other people lies and will verify their lies in hopes for future verification of another lie.

"It's not a lie, if you believe it"

George Louis Costanza

Gotta love Costanza. My favorite was when he did the opposite.

BTW, after the lay-offs and my seniority issues (mis-representation (lies) from a big timer in management) after dove-tailing I'm pretty much whale poop on my terminals board. I have just enough plankton under me to run Newburgh most nights. I stole the whale poop and plankton thing from my former XSN peeps. One driver said I'm treated like whale poop, what could be lower? The FOS replied we are treated like plankton. We all laughed.. I miss XSN.

When people say Conway drivers earn more than something with a bachelors degree and 5 years experience can you show me where you get those figures? When calculating salaries you must do that strictly on 40 hours because a degreed worker usually is salary.

And what company do you work for, exactly..??

Service of Excellence: 1995. Used to be on my shirt. Press on

You are there now..?? Still a CNW employee..??

Not any longer, I thought I said it earlier so I apoligize for any confusion. Box & Jake which centesr do you guys work at? I don't remember any codes except for the ones around me so the city name is better. I am still a stock holder.

My Grandfather had a saying too...IF YOU CANT DAZEL EM WITH BRILLIANCE...BAFFEL EM WITH BULL S--T Should be the new company motto

same chit different voices ... glad to see nothings changed ... I believe myself and some other folks mentioned / predicted these unfortunate events ... you could change that by leaving or shut the hell up ... won't do any good to fight you'll lose ... just keep plugging away and before you know it your sentance will be up and you will have nothing but the clothes you had when you first showed up ... Quite Frankly they just don't give a damn about you ... If they could do the job without you ... they would .... employees / drivers are a necessary evil and labor unfortunatly is the biggest expense ( besides comp for the screwers ) one day your medical and whats left of your pay will be expendable so don't think for a minute that they won't pull the trigger on that ... just doing whatever they can get away with ... and they can pretty much do what ever they want ... Talk about commiting the perfect crime !!! Theft by deception and just for good measure we'll get the laws changed to meet our agenda ... same circus different clowns ... all I can say is *&%$%$ the bastards hope they all catch a good case of clap from all the %$^% they are doing in the name saving the company ... good luck ya'll

I might check back in another year and a half and see how it's working out for ya

same chit different voices ... glad to see nothings changed ... I believe myself and some other folks mentioned / predicted these unfortunate events ... you could change that by leaving or shut the hell up ... won't do any good to fight you'll lose ... just keep plugging away and before you know it your sentance will be up and you will have nothing but the clothes you had when you first showed up ... Quite Frankly they just don't give a damn about you ... If they could do the job without you ... they would .... employees / drivers are a necessary evil and labor unfortunatly is the biggest expense ( besides comp for the screwers ) one day your medical and whats left of your pay will be expendable so don't think for a minute that they won't pull the trigger on that ... just doing whatever they can get away with ... and they can pretty much do what ever they want ... Talk about commiting the perfect crime !!! Theft by deception and just for good measure we'll get the laws changed to meet our agenda ... same circus different clowns ... all I can say is *&%$%$ the bastards hope they all catch a good case of clap from all the %$^% they are doing in the name saving the company ... good luck ya'll

I might check back in another year and a half and see how it's working out for ya

And I bet everyone will be waiting anxiously.