XPO | Boy, is freight getting slow:

It does seem slow. Every day looking for people to take time off. Yet other terminals are running driving schools and training new drivers.
That's because they want the old guys to quit. Line-haul is becoming Utility Drivers at Yellow in hopes to force them out. They will be expected to get out and work the dock at their destination terminals which probably won't be as many miles away as their normal line haul bids were.

XCA checking in. I'm on the bottom of the board, yet I've been working every day except one since I hired in about a month and a half ago or so. I missed this past Wednesday, but actually due to a lack of trucks. We had a bunch go down suddenly unfortunately.

Was curious about everyone else's terminal specific situation, anyone getting laid off?

How people like me "vote"... lmao dems and repubs. Dork ::shit::.
lenin.jpeg

I missed this past Wednesday, but actually due to a lack of trucks. We had a bunch go down suddenly unfortunately.
We are running into the same problem all the time. Maintenance scheduling is lacking. If it wasn’t for one of our drivers keeping track of our trucks maintenance scheduling it would be much worse . Management seems not to be able to handle the task. There seems to be a systemic break down at the terminal level on getting equipment the care it needs . Drivers do their end by writing equipment up and red tagging it But it stops there.

Last edited:
We are running into the same problem all the time. Maintenance scheduling is lacking. If it wasn’t for one of our drivers keeping track of our trucks maintenance scheduling it would be much worse . Management seems not to be able to handle the task. There seems to be a systemic break down at the terminal level on getting equipment the care it needs . Drivers do their end by writing equipment up and red tagging it But it stops there.
Have a on site shop? We do but it's still a mess. They do a good job but between swaps and so many tractors sitting waiting for parts it gets rough.

It’s not the shops. It’s the ridiculous waiting for approval to go ahead with the repairs. That and we don’t pay bills for 90 days.
Oh damn. I haven't noticed anyone talking about this here. I'm lucky that the shop here usually takes care of my M2 if it's needed without shutting it down, but this is a convenience not everyone has.
Is the approval issue due to local/terninal failings or regional/national?

Oh damn. I haven't noticed anyone talking about this here. I'm lucky that the shop here usually takes care of my M2 if it's needed without shutting it down, but this is a convenience not everyone has.
Is the approval issue due to local/terninal failings or regional/national?
Corporate. We have to wait for some idiot in maintenance to ok the repairs. They decide what gets fixed and what doesn’t. Takes 2 weeks to get approval.

Corporate. We have to wait for some idiot in maintenance to ok the repairs. They decide what gets fixed and what doesn’t. Takes 2 weeks to get approval.

It must be a regional thing. We don't have that problem. My truck bad water pump fixed in two day. We had another truck towed back for a the same problem fixed in 2 days. Dolly broken leaf spring fix in 2 days. I and other drivers have brought back parts from XMI shop for our trucks and trailer. I known of drivers including me bring back brakes and drums, leaf springs, water pumps, air bags even a turbo. The longest anything has sat O/S at my barn were trailers that had roof damage and one truck with a trans problem that was tow to the dealer within 4 days and we had it back in 2.