Yellow | Burn Barrel Time!

your right about the teamsters mismanaging the pension but yrc is getting a free ride for not paying the rate into the pension regardless of the condition. they are only paying 4400 a year. they use to pay over 17,000 a year. meanwhile your working everyday for a pension that isnt going to be there for you because of these 2 causes.

Did you ever think that if YRC didn't get the so-called "free ride" ten years ago (that we voted on and accepted) that they might not have stayed in business for all that time? How much would they have contributed to the pension funds if they closed? I'm sure that 100% of YRC Teamsters don't like the pay rate or the lowered pension contributions but most do realize that you can't get blood from a stone. And most realize that by accepting the concessions we at least have hope of a YRC financial recovery which incidentally has been happening if you believe the financials and analysts.

Last edited:
There was a report yesterday that said that yrc is going to miss the number for the 1st qtr. That comes out may 8th. 10 years later we still have nearly $900 million in debt. Where did the balance sheet get better by only paying off $300 million over 10 years. Terrible mismanagement from everyone in the c suite. They have robbed us long enough. Pay us and pay the pension or do chapter 11. I'll be ok and so wont you.

There was a report yesterday that said that yrc is going to miss the number for the 1st qtr. That comes out may 8th. 10 years later we still have nearly $900 million in debt. Where did the balance sheet get better by only paying off $300 million over 10 years. Terrible mismanagement from everyone in the c suite. They have robbed us long enough. Pay us and pay the pension or do chapter 11. I'll be ok and so wont you.

YRC's financial health has been slowly improving whether you understand the financials or not. Professionals in finance have confirmed that to be the case. Once again, if you're unhappy why don't you file your own make believe Ch. 11 by leaving and joining a prosperous company where all your needs can be met?

PS - You know absolutely nothing about my financial well being and by making that asinine statement you just confirm what I already believe I know about you. Carry on with your whining.

A chapter 11 would eliminate 900 million in debt from the balance sheet the could do a prepackaged bankruptcy and close unprofitable locations sell off assets and rid themselves of billions in pension obligations. They would come out with no debt and have an excellent opportunity to become profitable.
As for your financial situation, idgaf. I speak the truth and the net reality however some of you live in another world, Bernie world.

A chapter 11 would eliminate 900 million in debt from the balance sheet the could do a prepackaged bankruptcy and close unprofitable locations sell off assets and rid themselves of billions in pension obligations. They would come out with no debt and have an excellent opportunity to become profitable.
As for your financial situation, idgaf. I speak the truth and the net reality however some of you live in another world, Bernie world.
So you would encourage YRCW to file Ch. 11?

A Chapter 11 would also eliminate most customers fool.

And if as you say "IDGAF" about my financial situation then why did you make a comment about it, i.e., "I'll be ok and so wont you"?

They should because in 5 years they will still owe hundreds of millions, pensions will still be on life support and we will still be driving 6 million mile specials. We as cdl drivers have all the power.

Because with a valid cdl and 3 months experience you can get a job. I just had a friend who went casual dock picked up a job at 27.50hr guaranteed 8hr a day even if he works 5 or 7hours

They should because in 5 years they will still owe hundreds of millions, pensions will still be on life support and we will still be driving 6 million mile specials. We as cdl drivers have all the power.

Do you believe they will emerge from Ch11 as a Union company paying top scale wages, offering free healthcare and resumption of full retirement contributions?

Then how come you're powerless to better yourself at a "better" job?

We don't pay full scale wages your healthcare is paid by the low wages and the lack of pension
I'm praying with all my might that the votes come in for no tomorrow and this place unwinds. I hate this place so much it hurts

This might not be a bad thing, because if I live 5 more years, I won't be concerned about not having anything to read.
I will still be able to read your griping and complaining about your sorry azz job.