XPO | Cameras

I talked to our guy that handles all of the downloads off of the cameras and does the interventions. He told me that when you press the blue button for a couple of seconds it does a download of the recorded events. If you get into a accident Line-Haul tells you to hold the buttons (both) for 20 seconds. Even if there is NO events recorded. Why? They are able to look at more than event records. Here is something else fishy. Any product you buy comes with a operationans manual. Everything. Look online, you will not be able to find any owners manual on the cameras. The only thing you will find is a installation manual. DriveCam don't want employees to actually know ahat the camera is capable of doing.
Would you pay 35 mil for a system you couldn't flip a switch and see what was happening in your truck live? I sure wouldn't.....

I talked to our guy that handles all of the downloads off of the cameras and does the interventions. He told me that when you press the blue button for a couple of seconds it does a download of the recorded events. If you get into a accident Line-Haul tells you to hold the buttons (both) for 20 seconds. Even if there is NO events recorded. Why? They are able to look at more than event records. Here is something else fishy. Any product you buy comes with a operationans manual. Everything. Look online, you will not be able to find any owners manual on the cameras. The only thing you will find is a installation manual. DriveCam don't want employees to actually know ahat the camera is capable of doing.

Because they are indeed doing everything they told you that the cameras wouldn't.

People are stupid. It's incredible.

Had our pre-shift meeting. Hey guys. Somebody is going to fast out there in the yard. Slow down.

Everybody erupts. I wanna see the radar gun. It needs calibrated. Blah blah blah.

Wanna hear a secret that you already know ?

He is sitting at the desk. Using " where's my driver ". It tells him where you are and how fast you are going.

Genius. They don't need no stupid radar gun. pfft so stupid.

Would you pay 35 mil for a system you couldn't flip a switch and see what was happening in your truck live? I sure wouldn't.....

We were all saying this from the start. Before the start really. When it was just a rumor. It's a " duh " thing.

We were all saying this from the start. Before the start really. When it was just a rumor. It's a " duh " thing.

some on here would tell you to take the tinfoil hat off. :)

When I started P/D, had a female sup who had her facebook going, and where is my driver window going as well. Then had the nerve to all and ask you where you were...Ummm you know exactly where I am (down to the lat/long either 8 or 10 digits which is very accurate. 10 digits are what we use to call in airstrikes and artillery), stop wasting my time orrr why are you headed that way? Well lady there are truck routes in this here city and this is the only legal way I can go. Click!

VER = Video Event Recorder .....The LYTX Drive Cam in our trucks....... Can be activated remotely at anytime. It does not take an event.. Just a manual switch to manually make and record videos of you as wanted.

I was in a conway freight truck the other day that had what looked like a web-cam on the window in addition to the drive-cam. I was told the web cam looking device hooks to the drive-cam and is what they're now testing in some units for live video because the drive-cam VER isn't catching as many driver issues as expected.

VER = Video Event Recorder .....The LYTX Drive Cam in our trucks....... Can be activated remotely at anytime. It does not take an event.. Just a manual switch to manually make and record videos of you as wanted.

I was in a conway freight truck the other day that had what looked like a web-cam on the window in addition to the drive-cam. I was told the web cam looking device hooks to the drive-cam and is what they're now testing in some units for live video because the drive-cam VER isn't catching as many driver issues as expected.
I'm guessing the "Live feed" won't work in places with poor cell coverage. I can't imagine what type of money Con-Way would have to pay to Verizon or AT&T.

I'm guessing the "Live feed" won't work in places with poor cell coverage. I can't imagine what type of money Con-Way would have to pay to Verizon or AT&T.

The handhelds use ATT if I recall correctly...And it's no different than watching a youtube video on your cellphone or piggybacks of WiFi signals if no cell reception.

I used to log on at my brake check point to see what's happening for the night in terms of inbound back to the terminal

The handhelds use ATT if I recall correctly...And it's no different than watching a youtube video on your cellphone or piggybacks of WiFi signals if no cell reception.

I used to log on at my brake check point to see what's happening for the night in terms of inbound back to the terminal
I'm guessing if Con-Way tried to put several thousand live video cameras on the street there would be a LOT of technical issues. As far as cost , video uses SO much more data than talk , text , and pics that it would have to cost a lot more.

Also , does anyone else drive around with LIVE CAMERAS? I don't think the police even do that. The only example of LIVE CAMERAS that I can think of is our military. And I wonder how that would sit with the public and our customers?

Hey........ All I can say is fact is that I had a tractor the other day with a thing on the window inside the tractor that looked like a web-cam in addition to the drive-cam system.......... That is a fact.................. What I was told is that the thing on the window was a test for a LIVE feed because corporate wasn't getting enough ( training events ), now thats's just hear say.. I'm quite computer savvy and can say the thing looked like a cheap web-cam....... That's all I know.

Boogers! If you block the camera you'll be in trouble
If you lift up your sun visor TO BLOCK THE SUN and it happens to block the camera , you might get a "talking to".

Ultimately , the cameras will be like all of our other equipment - it will break down , have a problem , you write it up , and it may or may not get fixed.

A couple of days after the install crew swept through , there were wires hanging in a lot of the trucks. And in a few others the GPS antenna came loose. I know of a few tractors that simply have a camera and shift monitor that won't come on - great job , great investment.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you lift up your sun visor TO BLOCK THE SUN and it happens to block the camera , you might get a "talking to".

Ultimately , the cameras will be like all of our other equipment - it will break down , have a problem , you write it up , and it may or may not get fixed.

A couple of days after the install crew swept through , there were wires hanging in a lot of the trucks. And in a few others the GPS antenna came loose. I know of a few tractors that simply have a camera and shift monitor that won't come on - great job , great investment.

I heard that one truck burned up because of it.

Four of our trucks had no gauges working at all after they were installed... No speedo, nothing!