XPO | Change of Operations. Could be a good thing.

ScotchNeat

TB Veteran
Credits
I found this in my inbox the other day and since some of you have mentioned in the past that your SCM isn't good about communicating company news to you, that I'd share it. Since this email came, I've heard about positive changes within the company like more trailers are going to be produced, more tractors will be purchased, and that they will be sending many more Safestack beams to terminals than they have in the past. Obviously most of us are going to be skeptical about positive change, so for now I'll leave it that. I've also been informed that Tim Staroba will be reading every employee survey that comes across his desk, so with that in mind, if you haven't yet taken completed the survey, please do so.

20211025_133929.md.jpg

I found this in my inbox the other day and since some of you have mentioned in the past that your SCM isn't good about communicating company news to you, that I'd share it. Since this email came, I've heard about positive changes within the company like more trailers are going to be produced, more tractors will be purchased, and that they will be sending many more Safestack beams to terminals than they have in the past. Obviously most of us are going to be skeptical about positive change, so for now I'll leave it that. I've also been informed that Tim Staroba will be reading every employee survey that comes across his desk, so with that in mind, if you haven't yet taken completed the survey, please do so.

20211025_133929.md.jpg

To little to late ?? I guess after running everyone off. It's finally effeccting the bottom line. And now they are wanting to make changes ? Is adding more middle management really going to solve any of the problems ? When the problems are not coming bottom up, they are coming from the top down ?

So has this embargo helped your location ???? You guys all caught up now ?
Not one bit. A bunch of terminals apparently ignored the embargo so not only the freight that was there before the embargo that we had to deal with but the freight that was picked up during the embargo. The embargo lifted today and we are back to making pick ups. There is no plan in effect so nothing will change. We just don’t have the equipment, People or a plan going forward.

If they put a quarter of the effort that they do in fighting unionization across the company into the operation they might actually get somewhere. Hell, for that matter just treat people genuinely well and you may not even Have and unionization Drive. They are so hell-bent for election and fighting their own workers but put no effort into improving the operation or conditions for workers. The people that they need the most are the ones they are most against. That mentality starts at the very top. They can change upper and middle level management all they want but until they fix that problem there will be no resolution to the real Ills.. They have zero respect for the workers . chit , Don’t get me started I’ll have to call in another one of the OV’s
Profits before everything.

Not one bit. A bunch of terminals apparently ignored the embargo so not only the freight that was there before the embargo that we had to deal with but the freight that was picked up during the embargo. The embargo lifted today and we are back to making pick ups. There is no plan in effect so nothing will change. We just don’t have the equipment, People or a plan going forward.

Ahh. But you got more management to the rescue !!!

If they put a quarter of the effort that they do in fighting unionization across the company into the operation they might actually get somewhere. Hell, for that matter just treat people genuinely well and you may not even Have and unionization Drive. They are so hell-bent for election and fighting their own workers but put no effort into improving the operation or conditions for workers. The people that they need the most are the ones they are most against. That mentality starts at the very top. They can change upper and middle level management all they want but until they fix that problem there will be no resolution to the real Ills.. They have zero respect for the workers . chit , Don’t get me started I’ll have to call in another one of the OV’s
Profits before everything.

One of the most rejuvenating things about switching jobs. I get treated like a human being again. I can’t tell you how good that feels, after so long in that place. It’s crazy. What we allowed. XPO is not okay. You don’t deserve to be treated like that.

As long as they have gullible employees who choose to stay “at will” the abuse Will continue. That’s why it’s so important fo them . I don’t say this as a push for unionization. If they wanted to make it better for drivers they could. They choose not too. The very thing that makes a trucking company is the drivers. They have not and will nor accept this so the downward spiral will accelerate.

As long as they have gullible employees who choose to stay “at will” the abuse Will continue. That’s why it’s so important fo them . I don’t say this as a push for unionization. If they wanted to make it better for drivers they could. They choose not too. The very thing that makes a trucking company is the drivers. They have not and will nor accept this so the downward spiral will accelerate.

Doesn’t matter. Union or not. The union won’t save you from bad management. Jacobs and crew are mandating failure. The system rewards the lazy. Chases off the useful. The failure is by design.

So I’m assuming your not employed here, because only gullible employees stay at XPO. So why do you care what happens here?