XPO | Change of Operations. Could be a good thing.

Not to mention the so called tech spends . Talk about funneling money . I would love to see the results of some forensic accounting on that. How about spending some money on drivers ?

He very clearly would rather have cash in hand than a driver.

Change of operations I would like to see. Line drivers only running four nights a week, to include weekends. They can stagger the seniority list. Team runs to eliminate sub (standard) service. Drivers no longer working the dock (never ever will happen with all these clock suckers hanging on). Spotters actually backing your back box to the dock. I can dream dammit.

Some companies. You park your set and fuel and go home. Just saying.

Change of operations I would like to see. Line drivers only running four nights a week, to include weekends. They can stagger the seniority list. Team runs to eliminate sub (standard) service. Drivers no longer working the dock (never ever will happen with all these clock suckers hanging on). Spotters actually backing your back box to the dock. I can dream dammit.

Most are now 7 day operations. Even UPS is going to it. E-commerce and all. Senior guys can still get sat and sun off. Everyone else is tues-sat or sun-thurs.

There is a massive shortage. 5 days guarantee. 6 if you got hours. And they will beg you. I think it’s Estes that even gives $100 bonus for doing a sixth day.

Drivers not working the dock ? XPO might be the only company left wasting hours of your 70 on a forklift.

Funny thing is. OD spends a bunch of money on all the things the XPO guys gripe about. And they simply run a better operation. Because they were set up to be successful long term from the start.
Its really as simple as that. O.D. has built a reputation based on trust and engagement with both thier customers and thier employees.
O.D. has been a slow and steady powerhouse for years. The reality is that O.D. has a sense of thier employees needs and meets those needs. XPO on the other hand runs from thier employees needs.

Most are now 7 day operations. Even UPS is going to it. E-commerce and all. Senior guys can still get sat and sun off. Everyone else is tues-sat or sun-thurs.

There is a massive shortage. 5 days guarantee. 6 if you got hours. And they will beg you. I think it’s Estes that even gives $100 bonus for doing a sixth day.
I got former colleagues calling me, claiming they running team at the UPS, running three days off four. Plus they making in a week more than I make. Yet these guys in Ann Arbor can't figure out why driver retention is so low.

Last edited:
Its really as simple as that. O.D. has built a reputation based on trust and engagement with both thier customers and thier employees.
O.D. has been a slow and steady powerhouse for years. The reality is that O.D. has a sense of thier employees needs and meets those needs. XPO on the other hand runs from thier employees needs.

Nothing at XPO is by mistake. They are deliberately driving people away from the company. Boldly and intentionally. The entire rest of the industry is behaving one way. And XPO is not. I guess that’s your “ innovation “.

Nothing at XPO is by mistake. They are deliberately driving people away from the company. Boldly and intentionally. The entire rest of the industry is behaving one way. And XPO is not. I guess that’s your “ innovation “.
Remember BJ said he was going to change ltl when he bought us...I been in trucking almost30yrs and ltl is basically then same now as it was then...

He told everyone he changed his username by starting a thread.
He doesn’t have the retention to remember that. For some reason its high priority to attack me them debate the topic. I changed my name and posted that I did so. I am not running from my old screen name and only changed it because I grew tired of it. I was not running from prior post. Example Tg77

He doesn’t have the retention to remember that. For some reason its high priority to attack me them debate the topic. I changed my name and posted that I did so. I am not running from my old screen name and only changed it because I grew tired of it. I was not running from prior post. Example Tg77

You guys are cute. It’s okay for you to have your fun. I get to have mine as well. And it’s not at all attacking you to point out the crazy behavior or content of your posts. If what I am doing is in any way vicious. Then what you do is felonious.

I am not in any way obligated to regurgitate your nonsense back to you. You can call in your allies for reinforcements. Gang up if you feel yourself inadequate. I will not be bullied.

This is a simple line of thought to follow. Most times you know what you are saying is just to get a response. We have gone round and round with you for a while. Been a long time since you had any new material.