FedEx Freight | CLOSING CENTERS

I'm in the MEM district and I'd just found out that my center is one of the 6 being closed. Came into work and was immediately brought into my SCM office and was meet with an HR representative telling me that our last day of operations will be August 11th.

The decision for the center closings were last Friday.
Are they consolidating into other locations?
Layoffs?
Road/City?
What are the options being offered?

Layoffs?
Road/City?

Yes. Us and 2 other centers will be consolidated

Layoffs?

No

Road/City?

Our city drivers will most likely be able to transfer to the nearby service center that will take the absorption of our center plus the 2 other centers nearby. Don't know what will happen with our road drivers. Their will be a road meeting tonight with the HR representative that will answer their questions.

Severance package will offered and assistance

Aside from having to work out of another terminal, that's not too bad if they're not immediately laying off.

Any mention of need to layoff if not enough people opt for the severence?

Last edited:
Aside from having to work out of another terminal, that's not too bad if they're not immediately laying off.

Any mention of need to layoff if not enough people opt for the severence?
Limited number of spots at surrounding centers, so if you don’t have enough seniority then you don’t have a choice. Not a layoff your just out of a job

I'm in the MEM district and I'd just found out that my center is one of the 6 being closed. Came into work and was immediately brought into my SCM office and was meet with an HR representative telling me that our last day of operations will be August 11th.

The decision for the center closings were last Friday.
Thank you for the info . I will wish you the very best of luck .
We here at TB are a solid bunch and there are plenty of guys
too network with if you are going to another company or what .
I would say to do it in PM's as to keep safe from trolls . Keep in
touch please . Good Luck !

All of us here at TB Corp.
SMOKESTACK - TB ADMIN