FedEx Freight | CLOSING CENTERS

They already reworked some of the relay yards in the change of ops last September.
MLC - Mill City NV closed completely
WMS - Wamsutter WY lost all of their relays that moved rocky sets from DEN to the MLC meet
ARN - Aurora NE lost 12 of their 44 bids (4 power only meets, 2 Rock Springs meets, plus 6 hub turns on the PM side).
Had no idea ARN was so big. That explains why they don't just run out of GRI.

They already reworked some of the relay yards in the change of ops last September.
MLC - Mill City NV closed completely
WMS - Wamsutter WY lost all of their relays that moved rocky sets from DEN to the MLC meet
ARN - Aurora NE lost 12 of their 44 bids (4 power only meets, 2 Rock Springs meets, plus 6 hub turns on the PM side).
I think it'll be worse than just losing a few runs. I think they'll be completely closing them. They're already transitioning to a PT model at mine for some freight. We've lost 6 runs since December.

The 180 days part is interesting. I wonder if they're going to follow through with that or ignore it this time around. It hasn't been mentioned in any meetings and there are a few people that took the November furlough that would be willing to just jump into a summer furlough.

There's also the concern that after the May-Aug furlough, we're heading into slow season. The options would be extend furlough or go back to sitting by the phone. It'll be even worse if those furloughed drivers do come back. What do you do if you're at the 180 day mark?

The 180 days part is interesting. I wonder if they're going to follow through with that or ignore it this time around. It hasn't been mentioned in any meetings and there are a few people that took the November furlough that would be willing to just jump into a summer furlough.

There's also the concern that after the May-Aug furlough, we're heading into slow season. The options would be extend furlough or go back to sitting by the phone. It'll be even worse if those furloughed drivers do come back. What do you do if you're at the 180 day mark?
I personally think that this upcoming furlough would have been a layoff if the union shops had settled on a contract by now.

If they come to an agreement, AND the economy doesn't do a 180 (nothing indicates it will) I think Fx will layoff, or start actively starving people out.

I personally think that this upcoming furlough would have been a layoff if the union shops had settled on a contract by now.

If they come to an agreement, AND the economy doesn't do a 180 (nothing indicates it will) I think Fx will layoff, or start actively starving people out.
Think union contract issues is the only think keeping the purple promise from ending for some.

Why would relay yards not be a huge concern.... Struggle to staff and when it comes to covering overflow it can be difficult. Only reason in place is because of hours of service. Could easily be down away with utilizing teams or PT... Would create more time on the hubs..... while reducing cost for relay locations. This should for sure be on everyone's radar especially if this is your barn. The changes are not done folks we are just getting started. All in the name of stock price.

So the 180 day rule only really implies to those that have been forced not volunteers. Has anyone actually been forced to take furloughs these past 2 rounds?

On the conference call. They talked about cutting over 20,000. Over all the companies.
Same number of Yellow employees from what I read. Coincidence?
Strange that both numbers are the same.
I don't know why.
Just strange that you are using the number as 20,000 at FedEx.
And that is the number of employees I've read that Yellow has.