FedEx Freight | CLOSING CENTERS

1st - Said to all be very small centers. Arkansas mentioned as a State with too many - remember AF started there.

I'm NOT going to get into ANY speculation, out of respect to the effected. They can tell us if/when they know 1st hand.

I do want to share the latest ICO (Jobs List), because it MIGHT be related - I've never seen it color coded like this. There are driver jobs too.
Sorry if images are not great.

fxfx---ico---5.1.23.md.jpeg

fxfx---ico---5.1.23b.md.jpeg

fxfx---ico---5.1.23c.md.jpeg

That last one (bottom of the page circled) looks to be related - Make of it what you will.

Last edited:
I'm in the MEM district and I'd just found out that my center is one of the 6 being closed. Came into work and was immediately brought into my SCM office and was meet with an HR representative telling me that our last day of operations will be August 11th.

The decision for the center closings were last Friday.
What center do you run out of?

Openings suggest they're anticipating a driver shortage in those locations once all this shakes out, I'd guess.

I'm sure they've crunched the data and know within a few employees, how many drivers will/won't likely relocate.

incentivized transfer to select location is also on option. Arkansas centers to the biggest hit, Stockton California shutting down, Port Huron Michigan a couple in Texas a couple in Oregon, one in Bama, Louisiana, Illinois, Kansas has a few on the list Iowa Tennessee

Wonder why they threw in Stockton?
Why not? They’re getting rid of a bunch of other centers and they probably feel they have justification to close the last of the Unionized centers.

The audacity of these folks to fight for better compensation or at least a little more transparency… FedEx just couldn’t stand for it.

I’m not a union supporter but FedEx is making me want to be one more and more everyday.

Why not? They’re getting rid of a bunch of other centers and they probably feel they have justification to close the last of the Unionized centers.

The audacity of these folks to fight for better compensation or at least a little more transparency… FedEx just couldn’t stand for it.

I’m not a union supporter but FedEx is making me want to be one more and more everyday.
That was sarcasm sir

To all of those folks that are impacted I would really question and ask to see the data as your job is impacted. It comes down to human decisions and not policy from the folks making this call. Just don't take what your seeing on an announcement.. question question question how moves were determined.