FedEx Freight | CLOSING CENTERS

Swamp, is there any way of determining how many employees worked and are being displaced at each of these locations?
Also, what locations are absorbing the work and employees?
Thank you in advance and hopefully everyone affected by this will end up as good or better off than they were!!!
I have no access to those numbers. I've never seen them anywhere. I've overheard numbers like 6 drivers at a small Arkansas location. 12 doors here, 18 doors there, but nothing official or documentable. Even speaking of driver numbers - there is office staff AND dock that are displaced too. Even the number of doors, which can be determined by looking at satellite images, don't tell the whole story.

The PEOPLE side matters more than doors. The cars in the parking lot all represent people and YEARS devoted to the cause - The Company - The Promise.

I have no access to those numbers. I've never seen them anywhere. I've overheard numbers like 6 drivers at a small Arkansas location. 12 doors here, 18 doors there, but nothing official or documentable. Even speaking of driver numbers - there is office staff AND dock that are displaced too. Even the number of doors, which can be determined by looking at satellite images, don't tell the whole story.

The PEOPLE side matters more than doors. The cars in the parking lot all represent people and YEARS devoted to the cause - The Company - The Promise.
Well said. And huge amounts of money removed from the local communities.

#fedexcares

Well said. And huge amounts of money removed from the local communities.
My resume is on Indeed. Saia, Estes, and R&L hiring.... Have a friend that works for one of these and is working 6 days a week.
I think the economy isn't as bad right now as FedEx states. I think their policies, rate hikes, and poor service is pushing customers away.

Just like with Bud light. The customer is speaking with their wallet.

On the conference call. They talked about cutting over 20,000. Over all the companies.

All seriousness who is the voice of the hourly employees and drivers? When it comes to corporate greed and making a stock price who speaks for the people that drive that revenue? Serious question for everyone.... How soon they forget when they were making money hand over fist and could hire folks fast enough... They choose to not support employees over greed plain and simple. Who combats that and those decisions?

My resume is on Indeed. Saia, Estes, and R&L hiring.... Have a friend that works for one of these and is working 6 days a week.
I think the economy isn't as bad right now as FedEx states. I think their policies, rate hikes, and poor service is pushing customers away.

Just like with Bud light. The customer is speaking with their wallet.

Exaclty this! I'm from a center that's closing and we lost about 90% of our freight volume from our biggest shipper due to pricing 2 months ago. We went from getting 2 full trailer swap loads a day with 20-30 bills to now 8-9 skids with 5-6 bills. The high cost surchage that the shipper were being billed per shipment caused a lot of issues and FedEx Freight ended up having to reimburse the shipper all of the high cost surchages that they was billed for from the first of the year which was roughly around $30,000. The sad part is that our center is less than a mile from the shipper but our zipcode is on the high cost tarriff sheet.

What's that?
It's the high cost service area surchage that FedEx Freights adds onto shipments if the zipcode where it's shipping out or going to is part of the list.

There's 4 tiers:
A. Tier 1: $28.00 flat rate
B. Tier 2: $57.00 flat rate
C. Tier 3: $91.00 flat rate
D. Tier 4: $283.00 flat rate

Whomever pays for the freight could get screwed if something is shipped and they get charged for both a origin and destination high cost service area surchage due to the zipcodes being on the list.

It's the high cost service area surchage that FedEx Freights adds onto shipments if the zipcode where it's shipping out or going to is part of the list.

There's 4 tiers:
A. Tier 1: $28.00 flat rate
B. Tier 2: $57.00 flat rate
C. Tier 3: $91.00 flat rate
D. Tier 4: $283.00 flat rate

Whomever pays for the freight could get screwed if something is shipped and they get charged for both a origin and destination high cost service area surchage due to the zipcodes being on the list.

FedEx is taking that "federal" a little too seriously. That sounds like taxation to me.

I really think this is just round 1.

Relay yards need to keep their heads on swivels. I bet they're gone in round 2, 3 at the latest.
Relay yards I would not be to concerned.however if you’re in a hundred mile radius of another service center that would concern me

I really think this is just round 1.

Relay yards need to keep their heads on swivels. I bet they're gone in round 2, 3 at the latest.
They already reworked some of the relay yards in the change of ops last September.
MLC - Mill City NV closed completely
WMS - Wamsutter WY lost all of their relays that moved rocky sets from DEN to the MLC meet
ARN - Aurora NE lost 12 of their 44 bids (4 power only meets, 2 Rock Springs meets, plus 6 hub turns on the PM side).