TForce | Contract Details this Wednesday?

The closer to the strike date it gets the more likely it is that a less than stellar contract is a yea vote.
If it gets preliminary approval the less likely it is that the shippers will back away and reroute.
I hope it is at least decent...

The closer to the strike date it gets the more likely it is that a less than stellar contract is a yea vote.
If it gets preliminary approval the less likely it is that the shippers will back away and reroute.
I hope it is at least decent...
We’ll know soon enough. At a bare minimum the company must keep the pension, health insurance and pay slightly better or much better. Anything less will be shot down by the members in my opinion.

We’ll know soon enough. At a bare minimum the company must keep the pension, health insurance and pay slightly better or much better. Anything less will be shot down by the members in my opinion.
IMHO if it is a low-ball economic offer the maintenance of benefits will have to remain relatively the same...
TFI has a reputation for being a tough negotiator but a fair opponent.
When Bedard makes a statement that he wants to get a younger workforce, there are only two ways to do it.
Buy them out or force them out, hope for the best.....

IMHO if it is a low-ball economic offer the maintenance of benefits will have to remain relatively the same...
When Bedard makes a statement that he wants to get a younger workforce, there are only two ways to do it.
It seems the only employees that don’t care about the economics are those that are double dipping. As in they retired and are collecting two paychecks now. These employees could care less about the younger employees or those that can’t retire yet and double dip like they do. They just keep slopping it up at the trough at the expense of everyone else.

Everything is a trade off. The pie is all the same size. You sometimes get a bigger slice of this for a smaller slice of that.

It seems the only employees that don’t care about the economics are those that are double dipping. As in they retired and are collecting two paychecks now. These employees could care less about the younger employees or those that can’t retire yet and double dip like they do. They just keep slopping it up at the trough at the expense of everyone else.
If my info is correct there will be no more accrual of pension benefits for those over 30 years of service. Again this is just some rumored info, but it goes with getting older guys to retire.

If my info is correct there will be no more accrual of pension benefits for those over 30 years of service. Again this is just some rumored info, but it goes with getting older guys to retire.
Do you really think some of these guys will really retire even with that caveat? Sone will stay on even in the face of this outcome. Either because they are money hungry or in severe debt. The people that just never seem to retire always amaze me.

The poison that was UPS ran deep over time. It affected EVERY aspect of what T-Force is now
It turned good people bad no matter what their job was. I never felt any pride to wearing that UPS logo on my clothes. but it was MY customers, MY freight, MY truck, MY skill as an operator that kept me walking up that ramp to the dock every night. Sadly, that kind of thinking is not encouraged anymore.
UPS was rotten to the core, going to be hard to get a quick antidote.......

The poison that was UPS ran deep over time. It affected EVERY aspect of what T-Force is now
It turned good people bad no matter what their job was. I never felt any pride to wearing that UPS logo on my clothes. but it was MY customers, MY freight, MY truck, MY skill as an operator that kept me walking up that ramp to the dock every night. Sadly, that kind of thinking is not encouraged anymore.
UPS was rotten to the core, going to be hard to get a quick antidote.......
The good news is that we are profitable now under TFI. So positive changes should be easier to come by.

Do you really think some of these guys will really retire even with that caveat? Sone will stay on even in the face of this outcome. Either because they are money hungry or in severe debt. The people that just never seem to retire always amaze me.
Why does it concern you if someone chooses to continue working? Isn't each entitled to decide for themselves when to quit/retire? :idunno:

Why does it concern you if someone chooses to continue working? Isn't each entitled to decide for themselves when to quit/retire? :idunno:
Some of these guys had their 30 in and were still in their low fifties. Lots of good years left for most.
If a driver left and if he needed work, he would just be doing the same thing for less somewhere else.
Follow the math, if it works for ya' I'm happy for ya".

Aren't they your teamster brothers?