ABF | Dash-cam / Personal Entertainment

Hey don’t be talking bad about BMW dealers, they’re my bread and butter now... lol

You hauling cars? Driving one of those car-hauling rigs that sounds like someone throwing a full set of dishes down the cellar steps?
Been there, Done that, Brother........

You know what BMW stands for? Bad Motorist at the Wheel.......Ask the dealer next time you're there.....

Our safety man was up a month ago and stressed his displeasure with my version of taping the lens over and the camera being more looking at airplanes than the road. I told him when our office clerk wasn't on one of her personal 50 phone calls a day or runing her daughter to work while punched in she was taking pictures of me telling me what I was doing wrong.he told me next time that she did it call him directly. Has not happened again yet.but she is to nosey not to watch just keeping her pie hole shut.
Put a camera under her desk pointed right at her....

You hauling cars? Driving one of those car-hauling rigs that sounds like someone throwing a full set of dishes down the cellar steps?

You know what BMW stands for? Bad Motorist at the Wheel.......Ask the dealer next time you're there.....
One of my friends who is black grounded his teenage son & took away his keys for getting in trouble at school. The son asked my friend how he was going to go places where his friends go. My friend told his son BMW, Black Man Walking.

Yep that’s me, I got tired of the LTL rat race and now I’m earning my money. Nobody told me this ::shit:: is hard work! Lol!!

Yep that’s me, I got tired of the LTL rat race and now I’m earning my money. Nobody told me this :::shit::: is hard work! Lol!!

Yes,...it's a young man's job. After all,...you're carrying your own private Jungle Gym with you....

I only fell off the trailer once.....luckily, I hit my head......nothing important.....

Maybe someday I'll tell you the story of how I was loading brand-new Porsches in Port Wilmington, Del. off my own ramps,.........and how I was having trouble backing up on the slick ramps.......

So I gunned it,....looking backward, sitting on the armrest, hanging out the window.........
Everything went fine,...zoomed up the ramps,...clattered across the top deck........

Then I made a sharp left-hand turn.........

Yes,...it's a young man's job. After all,...you're carrying your own private Jungle Gym with you....

I only fell off the trailer once.....luckily, I hit my head......nothing important.....

Maybe someday I'll tell you the story of how I was loading brand-new Porsches in Port Wilmington, Del. off my own ramps,.........and how I was having trouble backing up on the slick ramps.......

So I gunned it,....looking backward, sitting on the armrest, hanging out the window.........
Everything went fine,...zoomed up the ramps,...clattered across the top deck........

Holy ::shit::!! Did the car come completely off the rack?

Did you not see the curve sign, or the speed limit sign '10 mph' right before you left the tracks?

Holy :::shit:::!! Did the car come completely off the rack?

Yup.........two broken ribs, Porsche on it’s side......But the worst damage was done by two young guys with a very large marine forklift for container boxes........one of those with foot wide, ten foot long blades.....

I had got out with their help.......but could barely talk,.....like the wind knocked out of me.....
They said: “ We’ll push it over on it’s wheels......”
And all the time I’m going: “Nooooooo...” in a wheezing whisper.....
......while I watched them spear the roof, windshield, and oil pan......

Got barred from Port Wilmington Porsche,........No matter,....right across the dock was Mercedes-Benz......

Yup.........two broken ribs, Porsche on it’s side......But the worst damage was done by two young guys with a very large marine forklift for container boxes........one of those with foot wide, ten foot long blades.....

I had got out with their help.......but could barely talk,.....like the wind knocked out of me.....
They said: “ We’ll push it over on it’s wheels......”
And all the time I’m going: “Nooooooo...” in a wheezing whisper.....
......while I watched them spear the roof, windshield, and oil pan......

Got barred from Port Wilmington Porsche,........No matter,....right across the dock was Mercedes-Benz......

Not gonna take a chance on you or Song hauling my new Tesla, I just canceled the order.

A quick car-hauling Quiz for you Bro. Song........Which of these drivers had more...."explaining"...to do to their dispatchers?
VI66cPE.jpg

This looks like an old (Complete Auto unit) I think they were a GM hauler.

Complete Auto,, M & G, and Janesville Auto Transport were all owned by Ryder. Later they bought F.J.Boutell.
Anchor was the main GM carrier in the '70's-'80's......M & G was mainly Chrysler and later on , VW......
But back then, everybody trip-leased off everyone else. You got your r hooks, s hooks ,body hooks...and you threw the paper trip-lease sign behind the seat.
DOT was none the wiser with carhaul.....

Complete Auto,, M & G, and Janesville Auto Transport were all owned by Ryder. Later they bought F.J.Boutell.
Anchor was the main GM carrier in the '70's-'80's......M & G was mainly Chrysler and later on , VW......
But back then, everybody trip-leased off everyone else. You got your r hooks, s hooks ,body hooks...and you threw the paper trip-lease sign behind the seat.
DOT was none the wiser with carhaul.....
I used to haul quarter panels out of Truck & Bus in Indy for Jackson Transportation. Baltimore, Flint, Shreveport Louisiana, were some of the final assembly plants we hauled to out of Indy. von.

I used to haul quarter panels out of Truck & Bus in Indy for Jackson Transportation. Baltimore, Flint, Shreveport Louisiana, were some of the final assembly plants we hauled to out of Indy. von.

Central Transport? ....Back when Central was Union? I hauled body panels out of Fisher Body Pittsburgh to GM Baltimore for Central as a Union O/O.....

That's nothing put 9 vegas on a 55 foot unit, that's a big load

That old Delavan there,.....was modified by Ryder at New Stanton, Pa. to haul 9 Volkswagen Rabbits..........And then,...because I was a trip-leasing fool,......I had it further modified to haul 3 vans and 3 cars,....So I could haul out of VW Port Albany NY.....Everything out of there had at least 3 Vanagons,...and they wouldn't let you pick a load unless you could haul the vans.

I also had Detroit modify the trailer for Ram pickups,......Could get two on with 5 cars.......Janesville, Wisc. Cadillac plant plant got me a few chain pockets so I could haul probably the heaviest load I ever had on a carhaul truck.......7 Cadillacs,....Gross weight 74,500.....At that time, I was technically overloaded,.....73,280.....

I also have my Corvette Loading Training card from 1981 for the Corvette plant in Bowling green KY....First year it opened......
The "modifications" approved by GM to haul Corvettes were........an armload of oak planks cut to 1 foot lengths...
Corvettes were so low to the ground that GM wanted us to "shore up" any potential dragging points on the trailer......

That style of Delavan trailer was....obsolete....Rigid back end....It was designed to haul 7 Chrysler Imperials in the '70's,....with no pins,...Everything dropped into pockets.....
By the time me and Ryder Systems got done with it,......I could haul just about anything,...auto plants, or off the ports....

But it was like a Rube Goldberg designed trailer............Everything was....jury-rigged.....

9 Vegas? Out of Detroit ...or Lordstown? Chevy Vegas were already rusting before you loaded them on the trailer.......You probably weighed 1,000 less when you arrived at the first dealer.......

Last edited:
That old Delavan there,.....was modified by Ryder at New Stanton, Pa. to haul 9 Volkswagen Rabbits..........And then,...because I was a trip-leasing fool,......I had it further modified to haul 3 vans and 3 cars,....So I could haul out of VW Port Albany NY.....Everything out of there had at least 3 Vanagons,...and they wouldn't let you pick a load unless you could haul the vans.

I also had Detroit modify the trailer for Ram pickups,......Could get two on with 5 cars.......Janesville, Wisc. Cadillac plant plant got me a few chain pockets so I could haul probably the heaviest load I ever had on a carhaul truck.......7 Cadillacs,....Gross weight 74,500.....At that time, I was technically overloaded,.....73,280.....

I also have my Corvette Loading Training card from 1981 for the Corvette plant in Bowling green KY....First year it opened......
The "modifications" approved by GM to haul Corvettes were........an armload of oak planks cut to 1 foot lengths...
Corvettes were so low to the ground that GM wanted us to "shore up" any potential dragging points on the trailer......

That style of Delavan trailer was....obsolete....Rigid back end....It was designed to haul 7 Chrysler Imperials in the '70's,....with no pins,...Everything dropped into pockets.....
By the time me and Ryder Systems got done with it,......I could haul just about anything,...auto plants, or off the ports....

But it was like a Rube Goldberg designed trailer............Everything was....jury-rigged.....

9 Vegas? Out of Detroit ...or Lordstown? Chevy Vegas were already rusting before you loaded them on the trailer.......You probably weighed 1,000 less when you arrived at the first dealer.......
Loaded out of Lordstown, it was hard to tell whether the rust was falling off or the trailer or the cars, we also had a trailer that would haul 5 vans.