FedEx Freight | Dock Pictures

We have a trainer on our dock. Only been here driving for a year but he is the expert just ask the a hole.Training is him walk around on cell phone eating and playing red shirt he is the biggest freight destroyer in our center by far.You have to wonder if he is trained for dock or just a cheek kisser
Bet he's got some knee pads

We have a trainer on our dock. Only been here driving for a year but he is the expert just ask the a hole.Training is him walk around on cell phone eating and playing red shirt he is the biggest freight destroyer in our center by far.You have to wonder if he is trained for dock or just a cheek kisser
Just a cheek kisser all about me all the time.!!!!!!

20210722_23545791d10ae6ab73e967.md.jpg

Like this one. This was a loader. Somebody couldn't be bothered to shift to the right so there is no overhang. No time to strap it either. Took me 2 minutes to shift the pallet so it's against the wall and throw a strap around it.
And IMHO, this points to a lack of quality leadership.

Rather than teach new hires how to do it correctly FIRST (then pick up the pace), they push bills per hour, or pounds per hour - Whatever. So, when these people find a way to save some time - with zero consequences - they continue to do it.

Supervisors are supposed to be SUPERVISING, and actually LOOKING in these trailers. Instead, they are (often) either driving a forklift (against Co. policy), or hanging out at the dock stand - long enough to miss everything they are supposed to catch.

:smilie93c peelout:

Just a cheek kisser all about me all the

Rather than teach new hires how to do it correctly FIRST (then pick up the pace), they push bills per hour, or pounds per hour - Whatever. So, when these people find a way to save some time - with zero consequences - they continue to do it.

Supervisors are supposed to be SUPERVISING, and actually LOOKING in these trailers. Instead, they are (often) either driving a forklift (against Co. policy), or hanging out at the dock stand - long enough to miss everything they are supposed to catch.

That’s 100 percent true . Our dock stand is a party zone all ass kissers standing around telling dockworkers what to do barking out what doors to break etc but the absolute funniest chit is they backstab outbound supervisors and terminal mgr every chance they can.Sad part is a few city drivers are running center and running it into hell with supervisors and center manager giving them free reign

All the regional district managers e-mails are located on the bulletin boards along with their cell #s. Start sending the pictures to these directors and see if anything changes. I doubt it but worth a shot. Especially the Haz Mat and safety issues on these trailers. Don't even bother with your local leadership the pictures show they could give a rat's a$$ about anything.
make sure to use a burner phone

That’s everywhere today .No accountability.Unless they got a hair across there ass for you.You have no union your on your own .

Why? The pictures are all you need and its called whistle blowing.
just wondering.. does the company have repercussions (sic)against the postings of this kind of stuff? Is this some kind of protected info of posting these photos...just wondering...you know that management has trolls scouting out this kind of stuff. But good luck...brings back old memories and makes this old guy smile.

Back in the day, we had dock carts, jawbreakers and pullies...wide-wide hand trucks. (can't remember the term for the extra extended hand trucks? Kinda like Joey B, can't remember...can someone help with this term?..didn't "blow and go" with everything forced in with a forklift.

I remember having training sessions on how to "push-pull" 2 carts a once!

Hell, "carton-topping freight" was a big deal...High and tight! We might have 300 cartons strung out from nose to tail...cube had to be handwritten on the paper manifest and when it really got high tech, a polaroid picture was taken before the door was closed!

Man, those were the days!
I do remember the high tech name for the JawBreaker (Johnson Bar)--don't know if that was in honor of LBJ or Johnson Motor Lines..but can someone help this ole Joey B wanna be and help me remember the high tech name for the hand trucks? Greatly appreciated...

By the way, my all time favorite photo was of the rubber duckies, err, dickies scattered all over the floor. Maybe this was some kind of gay (as in happy) dock supervisor doing a w/r ?
Just a side note: With that supervisor, be careful of using the term, "blow and go"!

Last edited:
just wondering.. does the company have repercussions (sic)against the postings of this kind of stuff? Is this some kind of protected info of posting these photos...just wondering...you know that management has trolls scouting out this kind of stuff.

Maybe.... IDK, honestly. My plan was to draw attention to what's happening here and for road drivers to be aware of what's in their trailers.

I'm going to do what DOTFXF said and start sending some of this stuff to higher ups outside of the building and see if that brings some changes. There's a lot of dangerous stuff going on and a lot of fraud by reweigh/dimensioning that they should be made aware of. We'll see if anything changes.
OOOhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaa my foot was sore from pushing on the gas peddle so I WAS LOOKING at my phone

I was googling remedies and how to run more BPH!!!

20210721_223424.md.jpg

Before

20210721_230246.md.jpg

After

I spend a lot of company time doing these recoups. I don't understand how a shipment this small on the floor fell apart the way it did.

20210721_223424.md.jpg

Before

20210721_230246.md.jpg

After

I spend a lot of company time doing these recoups. I don't understand how a shipment this small on the floor fell apart the way it did.
Because someone don't know how to operate a shrink wrap roller or worse, machine! I come from beer-hauling and I saw it several times!

Just post with care like you’re doing and blocking out info…knew a guy that got fired for posting like an idiot to Facebook and called out FedEx for it. Dumb thing for sure. But maybe a strict warning and 3 days off since he wasn’t a problem employee instead of see ya cancel culture.

20210721_223424.md.jpg

Before

20210721_230246.md.jpg

After

In all fairness, there are more than a few driver who could take more care in how they drive. If that offends some, so be it.

Typically a road driver never sees the inside of the sealed trailer. But still, that does not mean "drive it like ya stole it"

A city driver does see what's on the trailer, and SHOULD adjust their driving to protect the freight. They usually catch on fast, after restacking a skid or two of copier paper.

Straps, dunnage, etc help, but professional driving helps too, especially when it comes to acceleration and smooth operation in turns...

My rant of the day... Done.

There's also a problem with shippers not wanting to pay for an extra pallet so they stack one eight feet tall. You might get away with that in the winter, but during these humid summer months it's not going to make it the way you sent it.

It seems like I see stuff daily that makes me wonder if anybody on the dock is held accountable. I'll share them with you guys as they pop up. Here's the first one

20210720_212944.md.jpg

A 900 pound skid loaded on top of flammable liquid. No strap or anything to hold it in place and no dunnage to prevent damaging the bottom skid upon removal.
Had a whole pup of school books. Not a strap or bag in sight. Already lived through this once where the skids dance around the trailer and then I have to lift 60lb boxes to recoup at customer location. Screw that.

This last time I took an hour to airbag the whole trailer before I left. Seems to me the solution to yard time is to make sure it gets done right the first time.