XPO | Driver Pay

We get ot on lh north of the border.
I never asked anyone how that worked when I worked for Con-Way.... I ran line up to Albany for my bid but I never thought about OT for line haul......if I had I would have asked one of the Canadian drivers up there...... do they pay it on your mileage pay after so many miles in a week? I am curious as to how this would work......

I never asked anyone how that worked when I worked for Con-Way.... I ran line up to Albany for my bid but I never thought about OT for line haul......if I had I would have asked one of the Canadian drivers up there...... do they pay it on your mileage pay after so many miles in a week? I am curious as to how this would work......
Total after the week. If we work 70 hours, the 10 extra are paid at 1/2 time.

Yes your terminal was lucky and benefited from the metro pay that the company came in an offer you right before your pending vote to go union. They were found to be guilty of that charge by the labor board. Nevertheless you guys benefit from that .You guys are the highest paid XPO drivers that 31.70 an hour still not up to the $38 I believe in my opinion that we should be making. Companies are still avoiding paying us the correct amount of compensation and are still trying other methods to attract drivers rather than raising hourly rates. The OTR companies have been going through this for years long before LTL pay started to stagnate. Yet nothing not even lack of drivers has driven the OTR rate up to where it should be. OTR is still trying every trick in the book from letting your pets your spouse or same-sex partner travel the road with you .
They don't want to have to do anything to increase the pay or the bennies for the whole collective. They do what they need to get bodies in the door (which still isn't working) and expect the already employed to be happy about 88 cents per hour. The company needs to find a way to get quality ppl in the door. Being in line with most other companies isn't gonna cut it.

IMO some people are worth more then $38/hr and some aren't worth minimum wage. To bad there isn't a way to reward people who work harder than others.
What's everyone's thoughts?
There used to be this thing called “merit based pay”. Your raise, if you got one was based on performance.

There used to be this thing called “merit based pay”. Your raise, if you got one was based on performance.
Years ago , drivers would receive evaluations of their performance , and feedback from management on areas where they should/could improve.

Years ago , drivers would receive evaluations of their performance , and feedback from management on areas where they should/could improve.
I remember that, but your raise was not affected by your performance.
In the LTL world I never heard or seen a performance raise system and we can pretty much say the teamster would dead set against it. Now in other parts of the trucking world there are system like this.

So who would decide if your performance was deserving of a raise? Oh yeah never mind....
Common sense can show most people who works their butt off and who slides by. Everyone at my terminal knows who the slackers are who the good workers are, isn't that everywhere?

I’m gonna put it out there and some will call me off my rocker but with the current driver shortage and demand for drivers no LTL driver should be earning less than $ 38.00 or equivalent in miles an hour . If customers want the service they demand their going to have to pay up . Licensing, driver clearing houses and long hours are distracting new candidates from entering this trade . Companies will dredge the bottom for now but will hit the wall if they haven’t already.
Drastic change is needed.

You voted for Biden. Some contractor hiring an illegal to do your job for less than minimum wage is exactly what you deserve. Thank yourself. You’re welcome.

You have no Idea who I voted for or if I even voted at all. I don’t think illegals are are the problem in Cdl level jobs except in rare circumstances or at least what effects our sector of trucking. Even a sub contractor would be a fool to risk their business by taking that risk.

Last edited:
You have no Idea who I voted for or if I even voted at all. I don’t think illegals are are the problem in Cdl level jobs except in rare circumstances or at least what effects our sector of trucking. Even a sub contractor would be a fool to risk their business by taking that risk.

You campaigned for Biden and crapped on Trump. Don’t walk it back now. Own your spit.

The guy running the outfit is illegal too. Or here on a business visa shipping in people from wherever back in by God to fill the seats. You see it with FedEx ground and Amazon. Russians and Arabs running outfits with foreigners.