XPO | Driver Pay

Yes your terminal was lucky and benefited from the metro pay that the company came in an offer you right before your pending vote to go union. They were found to be guilty of that charge by the labor board. Nevertheless you guys benefit from that .You guys are the highest paid XPO drivers that 31.70 an hour still not up to the $38 I believe in my opinion that we should be making. Companies are still avoiding paying us the correct amount of compensation and are still trying other methods to attract drivers rather than raising hourly rates. The OTR companies have been going through this for years long before LTL pay started to stagnate. Yet nothing not even lack of drivers has driven the OTR rate up to where it should be. OTR is still trying every trick in the book from letting your pets your spouse or same-sex partner travel the road with you .
Though I did hear that every barn around yours is moving to metro pay at the end of this month, XWC, XCJ, and XVL. Why not you?????Oh I forgot it has to be negotiated that's right...

So your saying that would not come into play in negotiations….
probably not. The company has put a company wide raise out effect end of may. I pretty sure they are getting it. As for the company moving a SIC to a higher or lower pay tier is different they a raise

Though I did hear that every barn around yours is moving to metro pay at the end of this month, XWC, XCJ, and XVL. Why not you?????Oh I forgot it has to be negotiated that's right...
So what your saying is the company has decided to move those surrounding terminals to a higher metro pay to attract drivers . Xph has not been able to higher and keep any drivers for 1 year now.
The real reason they did it is to try to initiate a decert at our location. That is the tactic.
Now let’s look at it from the labor boards prospective . Our location has the same problem as those other 3 around us as not being able to attract drivers. How do you explain that away ? I’m not involved in negotiations but I’m sure it will be negotiated and if not like Go40 said the back pay when the labor board rules against the company will be Hugh .

One thing you guys don’t understand is the company is currently in a big rush to decert the Union locations. The current administration in the Whitehouse unlike the last is very pro Union. The company is taking very big chances and violating labor law at every step to facilitate these decents .

probably not. The company has put a company wide raise out effect end of may. I pretty sure they are getting it. As for the company moving a SIC to a higher or lower pay tier is different they a raise
As usual you know very little as to what’s really going on. Your only getting parts of what’s going on and most of that is just rumors.

Common sense can show most people who works their butt off and who slides by. Everyone at my terminal knows who the slackers are who the good workers are, isn't that everywhere?
It is everywhere. The slackers are there. But instead of arguing with them, management will take the least path of resistance, and dump more work on the good workers. Always been that way.

It is everywhere. The slackers are there. But instead of arguing with them, management will take the least path of resistance, and dump more work on the good workers. Always been that way.
1000 Likes for this comment.

It seems to be an oath that new management has to take -

I ( insert name here ) do solemnly swear to always look the other way and never acknowledge the problems caused by the loser , slow , worthless , do-nothing , know-nothing , crybaby , finger-pointing , time stealing P.O.S.

I will always act like the P.O.S. are just as good as the honest , hard working , dependable people that I know I can count on. I will always give the good assignments , start times , and equipment to the slacker P.O.S. people whenever possible AND I will give the hard working dependable people as hard a time and NEVER give the dependable people the benefit of the doubt.

In the name of effed up management I swear , Amen.

You guys need to point your lack in faith in the right direction and stop blaming your coworkers for the systemic failures of the management and lack of knowledgeable strategic planning. The failures your seeing are due to the SOLE focus on stock price and what elevate it’s and everything be damed.There is always going to be bad workers no matter where you work but good management with direction is the answer to what fails this company. IT STARTS AT THE TOP.

Last edited:
I have to say there is no way you are averaging 60mph in an XPO truck. Maybe if you still have a 70mph one then you might have a chance. Using an average of 50 is more like it and even that can be pushing it.
Put your truck in the shop. I drive 240 miles and can run it in 3 hours fifty minutes. Works out to be just over 63 mph.That works out to $44.7 bucks a hour while behind the wheel. I am happy with that. I do their EVERY day in an XPO truck. Many others do it too. Sorry you drive a dog.

Put your truck in the shop. I drive 240 miles and can run it in 3 hours fifty minutes. Works out to be just over 63 mph.That works out to $44.7 bucks a hour while behind the wheel. I am happy with that. I do their EVERY day in an XPO truck. Many others do it too. Sorry you drive a dog.

Shop got hit hard with the Covid. They ain't got any parts or supplies to fix nothing with. XPO is so smart. They are able to run shops without mechanics and stuff. Some algorithm said it was better this way.

You guys need to point your lack in faith in the right direction and stop blaming your coworkers for the systemic failures of the management and lack of knowledgeable strategic planning. The failures your seeing are due to the SOLE focus on stock price and what elevate it’s and everything be damed.There is always going to be bad workers no matter where you work but good management with direction is the answer to what fails this company. IT STARTS AT THE TOP.
You mean like Con-way???? Which was going broke..... I do have to ask how long to you think comany stay around not turning a profit??

I’m not involved in negotiations but I’m sure it will be negotiated and if not like Go40 said the back pay when the labor board rules against the company will be Hugh .
Why....This is not company wide raise...Are you getting the raise at the end of May? If so whats there to go to the NLRB for? Even the Teamster own web site say this:
Fact: It is illegal for a company to freeze or cut previously scheduled raises to discourage you from forming a union. Once you’re organized, you’ll lock in our current wages and benefits and then negotiate improvements from there.

So this raise in May is not a previously scheduled raise so should XPH be getting it without going to negotiation first and have a vote on it?

Why....This is not company wide raise...Are you getting the raise at the end of May? If so whats there to go to the NLRB for? Even the Teamster own web site say this:
Fact: It is illegal for a company to freeze or cut previously scheduled raises to discourage you from forming a union. Once you’re organized, you’ll lock in our current wages and benefits and then negotiate improvements from there.

So this raise in May is not a previously scheduled raise so should XPH be getting it without going to negotiation first and have a vote on it?

You don't understand. His games only work if you accept that he is right and you are wrong.